The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III

Moderators: Morten Jensen, NO-KG-AI, Flash3, magnumt, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Knickstape1214, Yuri Vaultin

User avatar
SaiCLE
Rookie
Posts: 1,044
And1: 192
Joined: Jun 29, 2012
   

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#361 » by SaiCLE » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:00 am

Both Beal & Waiters will have good careers, there should be no who is better contests at all, they are two completely different Shooting Guards that have different roles within their respected teams.
User avatar
SaiCLE
Rookie
Posts: 1,044
And1: 192
Joined: Jun 29, 2012
   

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#362 » by SaiCLE » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:02 am

NikolaPekovic wrote:Alexey Shved > Beal, Waiters

Keep trying.
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 12,011
And1: 1,642
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#363 » by Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:20 am

Portland Trail Blazers rookie point guard Damian Lillard continues to take the league by storm and now he's well on his way to taking his game global.

CSNNW.com has learned that the three-time NBA Rookie of the Month and NBA Skills Challenge champion is on the verge of being invited to participate in the USA Men's Basketball National Team mini camp.

“Damian is definitely on our radar,” Director of USA Basketball Jerry Colangelo told CSNNW.com. “He's one of the bright young stars we have in this game and certainly his chances are very high that he makes our list.”


Read the rest here:
http://www.csnnw.com/blog/blazers-talk/ ... amp-invite
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 39,646
And1: 1,397
Joined: Aug 23, 2002

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#364 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:37 am

NikolaPekovic wrote:Alexey Shved > Beal, Waiters


You are kidding right?
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
DCsOwn
Junior
Posts: 402
And1: 31
Joined: Jul 07, 2010

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#365 » by DCsOwn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:18 am

mcfly1204 wrote:
GhostsOfGil wrote:If Waiter's was scoring at a much more efficient rate, I would be much more impressed. Even though Beal struggled early on, he didn't dominate the ball so his efficiency wasn't hurting his team as much.

You mean like going from shooting 34% in December, to 42% in January, and then up to 52% in February? Don't get me wrong, I like Beal quite a bit, but when the Playoffs role around and defenses tighten up, I like the thought of having another guy who can get into the lane at will more than a guy that can play within the flow of the offense.


Beal is doing a much better job of putting the ball on the floor and getting to his preferred spots recently. Tonight he had 17/12/4, and he showed his step through game, got to the line etc.

I think when it's all said and done he's going to be a guy that can score off screens, spot ups, step throughs and he can drive close outs all the way to the rim and he's a very athletic kid that can finish in the lane with floaters and the occasional dunk/difficult lay up. He's also a very complete and efficient player that plays a very cerebral game, and I think he'll be an all star in two years.
User avatar
TheKingOfVa360
Head Coach
Posts: 7,443
And1: 529
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Va DC Metro
         

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#366 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:32 am

DCsOwn wrote:
mcfly1204 wrote:
GhostsOfGil wrote:If Waiter's was scoring at a much more efficient rate, I would be much more impressed. Even though Beal struggled early on, he didn't dominate the ball so his efficiency wasn't hurting his team as much.

You mean like going from shooting 34% in December, to 42% in January, and then up to 52% in February? Don't get me wrong, I like Beal quite a bit, but when the Playoffs role around and defenses tighten up, I like the thought of having another guy who can get into the lane at will more than a guy that can play within the flow of the offense.


Beal is doing a much better job of putting the ball on the floor and getting to his preferred spots recently. Tonight he had 17/12/4, and he showed his step through game, got to the line etc.

I think when it's all said and done he's going to be a guy that can score off screens, spot ups, step throughs and he can drive close outs all the way to the rim and he's a very athletic kid that can finish in the lane with floaters and the occasional dunk/difficult lay up. He's also a very complete and efficient player that plays a very cerebral game, and I think he'll be an all star in two years.


If Beal keeps playing like this, he might be an All-star by next year. He is already a great off the ball player and he does the little things. Waiters is also having a real good season. The one advantage is Beal is 19 and Waiters is 22. But i'm sure both fan bases are happy, we can keep Beal and you can keep Waiters :D
Roddy B for 3
Junior
Posts: 471
And1: 48
Joined: Jan 13, 2012
       

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#367 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 am

Bernard James 7 blocks against New Orleans tonight.
7/1/2019
User avatar
orangeparka
Head Coach
Posts: 6,580
And1: 185
Joined: Apr 23, 2010

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#368 » by orangeparka » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:16 am

Waiters is 21, but I'd agree that Beal has higher upside.
Image
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 12,011
And1: 1,642
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#369 » by Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:23 am

Lillard had 19 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, and just 1 TO in a fixed game against the Lakers. He also got zero foul shots when he should have gotten about 10 for the amount of times he attacked the rim.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 12,011
And1: 1,642
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#370 » by Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 am



April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 12,011
And1: 1,642
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#371 » by Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 am

Damian Lillard becomes the first rookie since LeBron James to record at least 1000 (1012) points and 300 (356) assists in his 1st 55 career games.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
menten
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,397
And1: 229
Joined: Dec 21, 2011
 

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#372 » by menten » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:34 am

Shem wrote:Damian Lillard becomes the first rookie since LeBron James to record at least 1000 (1012) points and 300 (356) assists in his 1st 55 career games.

Image
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 12,011
And1: 1,642
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#373 » by Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:49 am

menten wrote:
Shem wrote:Damian Lillard becomes the first rookie since LeBron James to record at least 1000 (1012) points and 300 (356) assists in his 1st 55 career games.

Image

Oh, that's right, Damian plays in a small market in the northwest. Silly me! :rolleyes:

BTW, it's people like you that continue to prove the point I made on Page 16 that everybody got offended about. And nothing offends greater than the truth. ;)
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
User avatar
Hero
RealGM
Posts: 22,634
And1: 20,595
Joined: Apr 05, 2012
 

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#374 » by Hero » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:04 am

That's really impressive by Lillard! Also crazy that LeBron did that coming into the league as an 18 year old.
~~~~~~~▄▌▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
~~~.▄▄██▌█ Cargo: Ross, JV, Amir, Lou Williams
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█ Destination: Away from Toronto
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀
User avatar
SOUL
RealGM
Posts: 27,227
And1: 3,435
Joined: Dec 11, 2006
Location: *******
Contact:
     

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#375 » by SOUL » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 am

Harkless is coming along well.

15/6
20/8
19/9

last three games.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 12,011
And1: 1,642
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#376 » by Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 am

Hero wrote:That's really impressive by Lillard! Also crazy that LeBron did that coming into the league as an 18 year old.

What's even crazier is that it's the first time in 9 years that someone has done this no matter what age they've been coming into the NBA. ;)
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 12,011
And1: 1,642
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#377 » by Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 am

While, I'm thinking about it, I recall this:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1215784&start=630

fart wrote:FFS Shem, we get it, Lillard is great so you can stop posting mixtapes every single day :lol:


viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1229666&start=240

fart wrote:Shem, no more posts for you bro. I find it hilarious that you are upset about posters praising other rookies in this thread. Unreal :lol:


;)
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Rock Johnson
Banned User
Posts: 31
And1: 4
Joined: Feb 14, 2013

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#378 » by Rock Johnson » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Second-round pick Orlando Johnson with 14/3/3 in just 23 minutes, on a perfect 5-5 from the field, including 3-3 from downtown.

SantaMenon
Sophomore
Posts: 135
And1: 26
Joined: Oct 12, 2012
   

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#379 » by SantaMenon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 pm

If Beal keeps playing like this, he might be an All-star by next year. He is already a great off the ball player and he does the little things. Waiters is also having a real good season. The one advantage is Beal is 19 and Waiters is 22. But i'm sure both fan bases are happy, we can keep Beal and you can keep Waiters :D


So impressed with Beal. What still gets me is the buzzer beater he hit against us (OKC). The pumpfake and the final shot, such a composed player for his age. Hes certainly got a very bright future, as do the Wizards as a whole with Wall / Beal.
kurtkbain
Sophomore
Posts: 138
And1: 23
Joined: May 05, 2009

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#380 » by kurtkbain » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Bernard James had 7 blocks last night



From Elias: Bernard James blocked seven shots in just 15 minutes of action in the Mavericks' win over New Orleans on Friday night. Since the NBA began tracking blocked shots in 1973, only three other players had at least seven rejections while playing less than 16 minutes in a game: Caldwell Jones (1977), Manute Bol (twice: 1988 and 1992) and Sam Bowie (1992).

Return to The General Board