The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III

Moderators: Morten Jensen, NO-KG-AI, Knickstape1214, Flash3, magnumt, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Yuri Vaultin

User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 11,918
And1: 1,608
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#376 » by Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 am

Hero wrote:That's really impressive by Lillard! Also crazy that LeBron did that coming into the league as an 18 year old.

What's even crazier is that it's the first time in 9 years that someone has done this no matter what age they've been coming into the NBA. ;)
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 11,918
And1: 1,608
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#377 » by Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 am

While, I'm thinking about it, I recall this:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1215784&start=630

fart wrote:FFS Shem, we get it, Lillard is great so you can stop posting mixtapes every single day :lol:


viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1229666&start=240

fart wrote:Shem, no more posts for you bro. I find it hilarious that you are upset about posters praising other rookies in this thread. Unreal :lol:


;)
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Rock Johnson
Banned User
Posts: 31
And1: 4
Joined: Feb 14, 2013

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#378 » by Rock Johnson » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Second-round pick Orlando Johnson with 14/3/3 in just 23 minutes, on a perfect 5-5 from the field, including 3-3 from downtown.

SantaMenon
Sophomore
Posts: 135
And1: 26
Joined: Oct 12, 2012
   

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#379 » by SantaMenon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 pm

If Beal keeps playing like this, he might be an All-star by next year. He is already a great off the ball player and he does the little things. Waiters is also having a real good season. The one advantage is Beal is 19 and Waiters is 22. But i'm sure both fan bases are happy, we can keep Beal and you can keep Waiters :D


So impressed with Beal. What still gets me is the buzzer beater he hit against us (OKC). The pumpfake and the final shot, such a composed player for his age. Hes certainly got a very bright future, as do the Wizards as a whole with Wall / Beal.
kurtkbain
Sophomore
Posts: 138
And1: 23
Joined: May 05, 2009

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#380 » by kurtkbain » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Bernard James had 7 blocks last night



From Elias: Bernard James blocked seven shots in just 15 minutes of action in the Mavericks' win over New Orleans on Friday night. Since the NBA began tracking blocked shots in 1973, only three other players had at least seven rejections while playing less than 16 minutes in a game: Caldwell Jones (1977), Manute Bol (twice: 1988 and 1992) and Sam Bowie (1992).
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
Posts: 9,015
And1: 1,045
Joined: Mar 11, 2010

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#381 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:24 pm

menten wrote:
Shem wrote:Damian Lillard becomes the first rookie since LeBron James to record at least 1000 (1012) points and 300 (356) assists in his 1st 55 career games.

Image


Classless.
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 11,918
And1: 1,608
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#382 » by Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:26 pm

April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Browns16
Senior
Posts: 665
And1: 190
Joined: Nov 12, 2012

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#383 » by Browns16 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 am

Zeller has 16 and 7 in 3rd quarter against magic
dlts20
General Manager
Posts: 7,716
And1: 777
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#384 » by dlts20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:52 am

Beal tonight in 37min had 21pts, 5reb, 4ast, 2stls, and 1blk on 7-15 from the field, 2-4 from three, and 5-6 from the ft line. Played some good D again and sealed the game with an offensive board off an Okafor missed FT while leading the Wiz to the win over Hou
nuposse04
General Manager
Posts: 8,676
And1: 1,591
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: on a rock
   

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#385 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 am

Beal with another solid game, 21-5-4-2-1, 7/15 from the floor, and the game sealing rebound. He may never be the scorer Harden is, but his other facets of his game are very nice. He looks way better out there on D then most any of the rookies.

*^seems DLTS beat me, lol
dlts20
General Manager
Posts: 7,716
And1: 777
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#386 » by dlts20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:56 am

nuposse04 wrote:Beal with another solid game, 21-5-4-2-1, 7/15 from the floor, and the game sealing rebound. He may never be the scorer Harden is, but his other facets of his game are very nice. He looks way better out there on D then most any of the rookies.

beat ya to it........lol

On the real though, Beal looks great. Just a natural. He actually shot better than the numbers show. Had a couple of fluke blocks and or ball slipping/stripped that they counted as shot attempts
nuposse04
General Manager
Posts: 8,676
And1: 1,591
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: on a rock
   

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#387 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:02 am

7/15 is not bad efficiency for a SG, especially considering his three ball as of late. Funny thing is, he'd get even BETTER looks if Wall ever gets an average jumpshot. That's a frighting notion. Defensively they'd a damn good backcourt.
User avatar
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
Posts: 8,498
And1: 893
Joined: Jul 06, 2006

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#388 » by GhostsOfGil » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:02 am

I hate to sound like a homer but I think Beal is quietly closing the gap between Lilard for rookie of the year. Another huge game in a win over Houston. Harden put up 27 but Beal had a better overall game.
User avatar
thug-lyfe
Senior
Posts: 662
And1: 155
Joined: Nov 13, 2012

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#389 » by thug-lyfe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 am

Both Beal and Wall looking good while starting again

Wiz fans have a right to be excited about their backcourt :D
Image

Credit to TZ for the sig
Credit to sh00n for the avy
User avatar
fishnc
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,083
And1: 448
Joined: Dec 18, 2007

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#390 » by fishnc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 am

GhostsOfGil wrote:I hate to sound like a homer but I think Beal is quietly closing the gap between Lilard for rookie of the year. Another huge game in a win over Houston. Harden put up 27 but Beal had a better overall game.


Beal has zero chance of catching Lillard at this point.
nuposse04
General Manager
Posts: 8,676
And1: 1,591
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: on a rock
   

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#391 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:11 am

fishnc wrote:
GhostsOfGil wrote:I hate to sound like a homer but I think Beal is quietly closing the gap between Lilard for rookie of the year. Another huge game in a win over Houston. Harden put up 27 but Beal had a better overall game.


Beal has zero chance of catching Lillard at this point.


I honestly think it depends on team record. Beal's level of play right now is analogous to Lillard, he is not the playmaker by any means, but he's definitely a better defender. I don't see the blazers finishing with a worse record then the wiz though, even if we do play +.500 ball from here out. I'd give Beal like a 8% chance, just cause the media anointed Lillard (and rightfully so) very early. Unless Beal has some absurd games it'll be hard to bridge the gap...but it is possible.
User avatar
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
Posts: 21,090
And1: 2,234
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#392 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:15 am

Can't find the highlights but an amazing game by Kyle Singler.

2 pts 16% from the field 3 rebounds. 1 stl. 1 TO. Dude is a monster and should be in the running for ROY
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
dlts20
General Manager
Posts: 7,716
And1: 777
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#393 » by dlts20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:36 am

nuposse04 wrote:7/15 is not bad efficiency for a SG, especially considering his three ball as of late. Funny thing is, he'd get even BETTER looks if Wall ever gets an average jumpshot. That's a frighting notion. Defensively they'd a damn good backcourt.

Oh, no. I never said it was bad. Its very good. Im just saying that he wouldve/shouldve been over 50
User avatar
fart
Analyst
Posts: 3,571
And1: 857
Joined: May 21, 2011

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#394 » by fart » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:22 am

Shem wrote:
Hero wrote:That's really impressive by Lillard! Also crazy that LeBron did that coming into the league as an 18 year old.

What's even crazier is that it's the first time in 9 years that someone has done this no matter what age they've been coming into the NBA. ;)



Image


I have come to two possible conclusions. You are either Damian Lillard posting on RealGM or you are one of those maniac celebrity stalkers.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
sir G Wallace
Banned User
Posts: 2,197
And1: 69
Joined: Jan 02, 2012

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#395 » by sir G Wallace » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:49 am

nuposse04 wrote:
fishnc wrote:
GhostsOfGil wrote:I hate to sound like a homer but I think Beal is quietly closing the gap between Lilard for rookie of the year. Another huge game in a win over Houston. Harden put up 27 but Beal had a better overall game.


Beal has zero chance of catching Lillard at this point.


I honestly think it depends on team record. Beal's level of play right now is analogous to Lillard, he is not the playmaker by any means, but he's definitely a better defender. I don't see the blazers finishing with a worse record then the wiz though, even if we do play +.500 ball from here out. I'd give Beal like a 8% chance, just cause the media anointed Lillard (and rightfully so) very early. Unless Beal has some absurd games it'll be hard to bridge the gap...but it is possible.

You are severely underestimating the the weight of the responsibility Lillard has been carrying all season for Portland. Beal can afford to have off games, Lillard cant. He is playing 39 MPG off the bat and has been the best rookie in the league while doing so. That speaks volumes about his accomplishment in his rookie year.

Return to The General Board