yardbarker

Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed to be

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt, tsherkin, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban

Post#46 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:57 pm by Blame Rasho

amcoolio wrote:Mullens has been improving over the season. Hes shooting 46% for February I believe. But this overexposure on the gen board is only going to create hate. You know how Realgm'ers are with FG%


You do realize for a 7 foot big man, 46% is a pathetic percentage? You think that we shouldn't knock a bigmen for shooting so poorly? It is unjustified that we rag on DeMarcus Cousins for finishing softer than 5'9 Isiah Thomas? It is wrong that we bash Roy Hibbert for such a pathetic percentage after he got paid and after an allstar season?
It is illogical to use logic on an illogical person.
Solution...use even more illogical logic to trump their logic.
Things I have learned on the general board this week
Superstars are made in the SL...
Blame Rasho
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 35,294
And1: 2,086
Joined: Apr 24, 2002
Top

Post#47 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:01 am by amcoolio

Blame Rasho wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Mullens has been improving over the season. Hes shooting 46% for February I believe. But this overexposure on the gen board is only going to create hate. You know how Realgm'ers are with FG%


You do realize for a 7 foot big man, 46% is a pathetic percentage? You think that we shouldn't knock a bigmen for shooting so poorly? It is unjustified that we rag on DeMarcus Cousins for finishing softer than 5'9 Isiah Thomas? It is wrong that we bash Roy Hibbert for such a pathetic percentage after he got paid and after an allstar season?


What does height have to do with someone who plays more like a SF than a PF or C? Its not like hes Tyson Chandler, never moving 2 feet away from the rim. He spends the majority of his time away from the basket which allows Kemba/the guards to drive to the rim
Image
amcoolio


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,468
And1: 510
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: Servant to lord Bargnani
Top

Post#48 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:03 am by SalamiNCheez

amcoolio wrote:Mullens has been improving over the season. Hes shooting 46% for February I believe. But this overexposure on the gen board is only going to create hate. You know how Realgm'ers are with FG%


Right, because FG% means nothing in the NBA. Bobcats are last in the league in FG% and have the worst record in the league. See the correlation?
SalamiNCheez



RealGM
Posts: 15,915
And1: 1,676
Joined: Jun 30, 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Top

Post#49 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:06 am by amcoolio

SalamiNCheez wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Mullens has been improving over the season. Hes shooting 46% for February I believe. But this overexposure on the gen board is only going to create hate. You know how Realgm'ers are with FG%


Right, because FG% means nothing in the NBA. Bobcats are last in the league in FG% and have the worst record in the league. See the correlation?


They aren't that far off from the Pacers FG% wise, who are leagues better than the Raptors, so whats your point?
Image
amcoolio


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,468
And1: 510
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: Servant to lord Bargnani
Top

Post#50 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 am by SalamiNCheez

amcoolio wrote:
SalamiNCheez wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Mullens has been improving over the season. Hes shooting 46% for February I believe. But this overexposure on the gen board is only going to create hate. You know how Realgm'ers are with FG%


Right, because FG% means nothing in the NBA. Bobcats are last in the league in FG% and have the worst record in the league. See the correlation?


They aren't that far off from the Pacers FG% wise, who are leagues better than the Raptors, so whats your point?


Pacers play defense?
SalamiNCheez



RealGM
Posts: 15,915
And1: 1,676
Joined: Jun 30, 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Top

Post#51 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:08 am by blizz

Byron Mullens: What no team would ever want their center to look like.
blizz
Sophomore
Posts: 120
And1: 12
Joined: Nov 5, 2012
Top

Post#52 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 am by boogie-reke

What's his + - ?
“Its my 2nd year of losing and Im not trying to get used to this.I didnt want to get use to it last year.I had enough of it. Its time to turn it around”
-DeMarcus Cousins

“Rookie or not- Im not letting anybody relax"
-Thomas Robinson
boogie-reke


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,747
And1: 187
Joined: Nov 4, 2010
Top

Post#53 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:11 am by BrotherDave

Bobcats are coached by Mke "Tankmaster" Dunlap, all stats are irrelevant.
I thought Royce White was worth a late 1st round/early 2nd pick by the worst team in NBA history.
BrotherDave




General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 7,786
And1: 1,011
Joined: May 20, 2009
Top

Post#54 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 am by Roger Murdock

The Raptors drafted Bargnani first overall just praying he could be a 13 PER big who averaged 12 points a game and shot 40% from the floor.
Image
Roger Murdock
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,487
And1: 144
Joined: Aug 11, 2008
Top

Post#55 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:16 am by misterglover

SalamiNCheez wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Mullens has been improving over the season. Hes shooting 46% for February I believe. But this overexposure on the gen board is only going to create hate. You know how Realgm'ers are with FG%


Right, because FG% means nothing in the NBA. Bobcats are last in the league in FG% and have the worst record in the league. See the correlation?


That's just stupid...bobcats are the worst in the league cuz we have the least amount of talent. And we aren't talking about a team we are talking about an individual player. Like my boy Greg Anthony just said on NBA tv you can't just look at stats and not watch the game because there is so much more the kid does that impacts a game. There are tons of times when a star player shots like 7 for 21 and his team still wins the game because he's making the right plays at the right time or he has capable teammates that pick up his slack, or he gets to the free throw line. Mullens has to work on shot selection and getting easy pts at the line and the cats have to put more talent on the floor but because his FG% doesn't meet your standards to call him garbage is asinine.
misterglover
Banned User
Posts: 572
And1: 3
Joined: Apr 26, 2007
Location: Bob Johnson's Uptown Penthouse....
Top

Post#56 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:28 am by D-BE-LAW

mullens is a scrub
D-BE-LAW
Pro Prospect
Posts: 832
And1: 23
Joined: Oct 24, 2012
Top

Post#57 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:41 am by Ziggy Stardust

Mullens comes from a long line of OSU centers who have dick picks on the internet. He has carried on the legacy in this way at least.
Ziggy Stardust
Banned User
Posts: 1,220
And1: 93
Joined: Jan 17, 2012
Top

Post#58 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:02 am by Liver_Pooty

Lol. Raptors fans get so irritable and defensive.
Image
Liver_Pooty


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 16,258
And1: 3,032
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
Top

Post#59 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:28 am by BizGilwalker

OP: Mullens has been solid for us as of late, but he is so damn inconsistent in every facet of his game. He can be scorching hot one half and then be a negative factor the second. Until he gets his **** together and strings together a ton of good, efficient basketball, we can't call him anything more than "good". If you watched the 1st half of today's game, you apparently saw the good Mullens, but if you watched the second half, you saw what every Raptor fan says about Bargnani as of late. He was pure garbage in the second half.

I am huge on Mullens and I really think he can be really good if he gets his game under control, stops jacking up so many bad shots, and tightens up his defense on a consistent basis. He makes the good shots he takes and is rebounding tremendously as of late, but will remain mediocre until his defense is consistent and he shoots efficiently.

Please stop making Mullens threads here every other time he has a good game.
Takingbaconback wrote:Would anyone really be that surprised if Dieng was a better player than Wiggins in the next 5 years?
BizGilwalker


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,636
And1: 1,794
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
Location: #biznation
Top

Post#60 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:41 am by sca

The OP should really change his name to "Mullenslovinliberal"
Image
sca


Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,265
And1: 1,124
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Turkey
Top

Post#61 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:57 am by DJ43

sca wrote:The OP should really change his name to "Mullenslovinliberal"


lilbjmullens
DJ43
Sophomore
Posts: 187
And1: 25
Joined: Jan 30, 2011
Top

Post#62 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:43 am by amcoolio

He's a raptors fan which is the ironic twist to your gibs
Image
amcoolio


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,468
And1: 510
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: Servant to lord Bargnani
Top

Post#63 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:54 am by Sik Infant

^

BINGO.

Known Bobcats troll is onto us again.
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season


Image
Sik Infant

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 12,236
And1: 1,259
Joined: Apr 23, 2009
Top

Post#64 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:14 am by irie

I don't like the way he plays. His shot selection in the few times I've seen him play seems pretty awful. The last game against Boston he put up some good numbers but it seemed like he was chucking and they were going in. I mean I guess you have to say he's scoring and rebounding, so that's good. I can see why Bobcats fans would like his potential because there actually seems to be some production. That shot selection though.. is this his normal game?
irie


General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,383
And1: 2,189
Joined: Oct 18, 2009
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Top

Post#65 Re: Byron Mullens: What Bargnani was supposed
Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:32 am by TheToothFairy

Presti gets credit for such a late rd pick
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 0081, Baddy Chuck, BarnabyJones, BKing10, boobie miles, BullsFTW, cb4_89, cmoney24x, ColdBlooded, ComeAtMeBro, Crowax, D12VCMagic, Doddage, Doormatt, DynastySS, ennui, EntropyPR, Gang of Four, Geaux_Hawks, High0ctane21, HINrichPolice, House12, HTown_TMac, immortalone23, James Takote, jayjaypimpson, JBreezeNY, jdubb, Jipluralx, JoeyCrawford, Johnny Firpo, Juggynaut, kookie_819, Kurosawa0, lastmanstanding, lon3lytoaster, mademan, MagicStarwipe, maoriboy, Massamba, MeanGene29, miltk, MiltownHawkeye, mksp, Mumbles, mw2889, need4detroit, otwok, picc, playoffs, pmfg10, qm22, questionmark, RaptorNews, Scrapachenko, Slartibartfast, Solo11, SSSFreak, StatLine, Stolos26, SuperCoolMayo, The Laker Kid, therealbig3, Timeless, TooManyClocks, tru6playa, trufan24, Umbooki, vanderpalu, wickedwrister, wildvikeswolves, Wizardspride, WVU, xBulletproof