Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready to go"

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

cgg
Sophomore
And1: 2

Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready to go" 

Post#41 » by cgg » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Observers just see running and jumping and shooting. The coach and the player see hesitation, bad rotations, making mistakes executing a play, not remembering exactly where to be, etc.

There's also a big difference between practice and real games with teams that might have no easy layup mindsets.
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#42 » by Durant Durant » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 pm

But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We aint talking about the game.We're talking about practice, man.
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#43 » by Durant Durant » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 pm

But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We aint talking about the game.We're talking about practice, man.
TheDon008
Banned User
And1: 63

Post#44 » by TheDon008 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 pm

KDfan35 wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:Thursday vs Miami would be ideal.

8-)

More like...
dreamchaser
Banned User
And1: 166

Post#45 » by dreamchaser » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:08 pm

TheDon008 wrote:
KDfan35 wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:Thursday vs Miami would be ideal.

8-)

More like...

damn i wish they had a gif for this :(...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ido_0vyiYtc[/youtube]
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,873

Post#46 » by bledredwine » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Man, I really like Chris Broussard,

but that guy's an overly optimistic Bulls homer.

You just can't believe what he says. The glass is always 3/4 full to him.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,999

Post#47 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Maybe its Rose way of saying dont gut the team and he will be back for the playoffs
The Boot Room
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#48 » by The Boot Room » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 pm

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:He could probably play now, but that doesnt mean he is 100%. I dont think he is going to return till he is back at the level of playing he is used to and that might not be this year.

every player I know needs games to play at the best he can do. nobody plays 100% after a long time just with practice time. you got to get use to games again.
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#49 » by blumeany » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 pm

dreamchaser wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ido_0vyiYtc[/youtube]

:roll: He got a block on Rose who was also being covered by Lebron and Bosh on the play. :lol: How about we even the odds a little bit:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwcX4gRkuKk[/youtube]

:wink:
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#50 » by blumeany » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:Maybe its Rose way of saying dont gut the team and he will be back for the playoffs

Or he's saying 'this is what I can really do if you get me someone besides Boozer'. :lol:
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#51 » by Han Solo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 pm

If I'm a Bulls fan, I hope to see him play again opening day next year.

If they rush this and he shreds it again, he's career is finished.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,355

Post#52 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Shumpert and Rubio are sort of great examples on how to gauge this.

Rubio came back in December and was pretty bad thru January. He is only now getting back in the swing of things looking close to the Rubio before the injury.

Shumpert has been back a month now. But Shumpert doesnt quite look like the guy last year. He is coming along but he only shows flashes of what he did previously. He is still struggling but its hard to say its from the injury or just because he is a streaky player.

What the Bulls and Rose are doing, is basically phasing out the initial crappy months.
By all accounts, Rose is probably ready to play basketball right now.

However Derrick isnt ready to be Derrick Rose former MVP .

That is pretty much the sticking point right there.

The Bulls arent going to clear Rose early (like Rubio or Shumpert) to possibly risk hurting himself or having a set back.
At the same time, Rose isnt going to come back this year unless he feels he can perform like he did before he got hurt.

This is why you have the posturing if he will come back this year or not.
The Cult of Personality
NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 72

Post#53 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:55 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Shumpert and Rubio are sort of great examples on how to gauge this.

Rubio came back in December and was pretty bad thru January. He is only now getting back in the swing of things looking close to the Rubio before the injury.

Shumpert has been back a month now. But Shumpert doesnt quite look like the guy last year. He is coming along but he only shows flashes of what he did previously. He is still struggling but its hard to say its from the injury or just because he is a streaky player.

What the Bulls and Rose are doing, is basically phasing out the initial crappy months.

The Bulls arent going to clear Rose early (like Rubio or Shumpert) to possibly risk hurting himself or having a set back.
At the same time, Rose isnt going to come back this year unless he feels he can perform like he did before he got hurt.

Yeah you pretty much have it but also understand that a lot of what you are seeing with Rubio/Shumpert is shaking off rust as well. Rose is going to have some crappy months as you put it as well. At this point id bring him back on a min limit of like 25 min for the rest of the season around march, lets face it the bulls aren't winning anything this year but if they get deep in the playoffs he would be ready by then anyways.
Sebastian
Head Coach
And1: 853

Post#54 » by Sebastian » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

NYK_89 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:Shumpert and Rubio are sort of great examples on how to gauge this.

Yeah you pretty much have it but also understand that a lot of what you are seeing with Rubio/Shumpert is shaking off rust as well. Rose is going to have some crappy months as you put it as well. At this point id bring him back on a min limit of like 25 min for the rest of the season around march, lets face it the bulls aren't winning anything this year but if they get deep in the playoffs he would be ready by then anyways.

The East is so weak that the Bulls -- even with a less than 100% Rose -- are one Miami injury away from the Finals.

But that's not even what's most important; the focus should be on getting him on the court so he can shake off the rust and clear the mental hurdles this year, not in November.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#55 » by Chosen01 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Sebastian wrote:
NYK_89 wrote:

The East is so weak that the Bulls -- even with a less than 100% Rose -- are one Miami injury away from the Finals.

But that's not even what's most important; the focus should be on getting him on the court so he can shake off the rust and clear the mental hurdles this year, not in November.
Every elite team can be one injury from the finals.

Not sure why people want to see him against Miami, dude's FIRST game back. Chalmers, Cole, Wade and LeBron will all be super hyped to shut him down, it'd be better to see him get his feel off of scrub teams.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Sebastian wrote:The East is so weak that the Bulls -- even with a less than 100% Rose -- are one Miami injury away from the Finals.

Hmm... MAYBE a Lebron injury but i still see the Heat beating them regardless of injury. Also the Knicks and Pacers IMO are just as good as them, not to mention the the winner of the west would need a serious injury as well for them to actually win it, and this all assumes a full strength Rose.

I think this Bulls team is very deceiving, as in people think they are far better then they are.
They are good without rose, but hardly a playoff threat. They lost to Philadelphia ffs the 8th seed and are a worse team now, I'm sorry i get rose got Hurt etc but come on they are terrible no excuse for losing to Philadelphia.

Flash back 2 years when they were at their best (IMO)...They played weirdly close to a ass-tastic Pacers team then went to 6 again against a incredibly weak Atlanta team (for the second round team) and then got crushed by the Heat, people see eastern conference finals and say wow nice team but why the hell are we giving out kudos for beating a bad bad 8th seed and then the Hawks who were by far the worst 2nd round team that year. Rose, hardly facing top defenders shot under 400 for the playoffs and took 23.5 shots for his 27 points with almost 4 turnovers a game, he also had 6 games that post season where he took more shots then points he got without including things like 12-32 for 34 points 4-18 for 23 points 8-19 for 20 points... Bulls are a great regular season team but they play hard every game, defend well, and are a great rebounding team. Those might be the 3 biggest keys to success in the regular season.
Fran Vasquez
Rookie
And1: 95

Post#57 » by Fran Vasquez » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:51 pm

he should not rush it, no matter what anyone says
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#58 » by JordansBulls » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:53 pm

He can come back for a game or so and see how he does and then sit out so then he knows what he needs to work on. I expect him to be winded fairly quickly early on anyway.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#59 » by pylb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:01 pm

NYK_89 wrote:I think this Bulls team is very deceiving, as in people think they are far better then they are.
They are good without rose, but hardly a playoff threat. They lost to Philadelphia ffs the 8th seed and are a worse team now, I'm sorry i get rose got Hurt etc but come on they are terrible no excuse for losing to Philadelphia.

They were also without Noah and Deng was playing with a bad wrist.
That's not to say the Bulls without Rose are championship contenders, I feel they are 1st or 2nd round exits, but they weren't missing only one player.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach

Post#60 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:07 pm

pylb wrote:
NYK_89 wrote:I think this Bulls team is very deceiving, as in people think they are far better then they are.

They were also without Noah and Deng was playing with a bad wrist.
That's not to say the Bulls without Rose are championship contenders, I feel they are 1st or 2nd round exits, but they weren't missing only one player.

Truth i forgot about that.. Not that judging the team without him is fair because any discussion of them leaving the east obviously centers around him being back and playing well... But anyways i think the point still stands Bulls with Rose are a clear tier down from the championship contenders and they have shown nothing in the playoffs to make me think they are some team of warriors that will gut a championship out, they have yet to even challenge a superior team in the playoffs and have played down to a certain degree to their competition.

Hate to rag on Chicago in particular but its like the Bears fans when they "Made the NFC CG" when in reality they beat the 7-9 seahawks who were on the road (2-6 road record)... Yeah you made it but if you had not it would have been an extremely embarrassing ordeal.

Return to The General Board