Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready to go"

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready to go" 

Post#101 » by branny » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:20 am

199%?!
juice_
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#102 » by juice_ » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 am

Laazard wrote:
juice_ wrote:This is getting annoying.

Are you sure he's at 110% and not 105%? ARE YOU SURE!?

Media cretes that hype + he's one of the best players in the league. His return may shape the outcome of playoffs...

yeah, I was just poking fun at the media.
Like when Melo wanted to get traded to the knicks, or Dwight with Orlando the WT gets flooded with repeated news and updates. :roll:
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Post#103 » by panthermark » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:04 pm

mj234eva wrote:What topic is this? Could have sworn this was about Rose and how he looks in practice.

Not about some series 2 seasons ago.

^This....
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
LoveDaBoo
RealGM
And1: 1,961

Post#104 » by LoveDaBoo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm

NYK_89 wrote:DUDE OH MY GOD.
What are you not getting.

In both series the outcome was never in doubt (From an outside observer, also obviously after game 2 because game 1 changed some minds)

LOL, you're so full of **** it's unbelievable.
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
Woj: The NBA's Dickie Dunn.
MVP Rose
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#105 » by MVP Rose » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Ikcelaks
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#106 » by Ikcelaks » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:07 pm

People like to make fun of the 110% thing, but I don't think it's a joke. Rehabbing until the affected joint is stronger than it was pre-injury is a common thing. Playing in games will require a complete revamp of the rehab process, so that's risky even if he's close to where he wants to be.

Chicago's getting a middle seed in the play-offs regardless of what Rose does, so why rush it?
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,577

Post#107 » by HotRocks34 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:46 am

dockingsched wrote:
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard

Eyewitness at D Rose's first 5-on-5 practice Monday said Rose looks "ready to go." Said Rose looks like he's able to play in games.

:clap:

hope to see him on the court soon, bulls will be the serious threat to the heat out east.

Or not.

If you're getting beat by 19 points in your own building, I'm not sure even a great player like Derrick Rose is going to help you get over the hump against the defending champions.

Looks like Reggie Rose may have been onto something with his comments earlier today.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid, including a 2nd-round game on the road
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs without Klay
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#108 » by cool007 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:54 am

HotRocks34 wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard

Eyewitness at D Rose's first 5-on-5 practice Monday said Rose looks "ready to go." Said Rose looks like he's able to play in games.

:clap:

hope to see him on the court soon, bulls will be the serious threat to the heat out east.

Or not.

If you're getting beat by 19 points in your own building, I'm not sure even a great player like Derrick Rose is going to help you get over the hump against the defending champions.

Looks like Reggie Rose may have been onto something with his comments earlier today.

So that's based on 1 game? Where Bulls played their worst game of the .... long long time?

What about the game where Bulls beat the Heat without D-Rose in Miami this year?

WIth Rose, Bulls have as good a chance as anyone to beat the Heat (even if it's just like 10-20%).
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#109 » by HotRocks34 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:02 am

cool007 wrote:
So that's based on 1 game? Where Bulls played their worst game of the .... long long time?

What about the game where Bulls beat the Heat without D-Rose in Miami this year?

WIth Rose, Bulls have as good a chance as anyone to beat the Heat (even if it's just like 10-20%).

Bulls probably do have the best shot of anyone in the East (or maybe the Pacers). But OP characterized them as a "serious threat," potentially, with DRose back in the lineup. I can't see that based on what we witnessed tonight. Of course, Miami could get injured between now and then, so things could change.

Chicago played poorly tonight, but I think Miami had something to do with that.

Bulls beat Miami by 7 in South Florida earlier this year. That was when the Heat seemed to be coasting (tired LeBron from long year; DWade coming back from knee surgery). I don't think the Bulls are coasting at this point in the season.

The Knicks wrecked the Heat twice earlier in the season, but I wouldn't characterize them as a "serious threat" to the Heat.
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid, including a 2nd-round game on the road
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#110 » by bullsnewdynasty » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:04 am

"Regular season doesn't matter."

Is what Heat fans told me back in the day, so I think the Bulls are still a threat to contend if Rose comes back.
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#111 » by HotRocks34 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:09 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:

Is what Heat fans told me back in the day, so I think the Bulls are still a threat to contend if Rose comes back.

Anything can happen. I mean, we have seen the can't-miss Lakers fall flat this year even though many picked them to go to The Finals to face Miami (which is still possible, even though it now looks improbable).

So, the Bulls can't be totally counted out of a potential Bulls-Heat series.

One issue for Chicago is I'm not sure they believe they can beat Miami when it counts. I think OKC may be starting to have the same issue.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#112 » by cool007 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:35 am

HotRocks34 wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:

Anything can happen. I mean, we have seen the can't-miss Lakers fall flat this year even though many picked them to go to The Finals to face Miami (which is still possible, even though it now looks improbable).

One issue for Chicago is I'm not sure they believe they can beat Miami when it counts. I think OKC may be starting to have the same issue.

Yes, no denying that Miami is the best team in the NBA and they are the team to beat. But in the East if Rose is back and is close to what he was before (by playoff time) then I think Bulls can actually make it a series but I just don't see them beating the Heat (assuming both teams are healthy).

Let's just leave it at that.
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#113 » by HotRocks34 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:40 am

cool007 wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:

Yes, no denying that Miami is the best team in the NBA and they are the team to beat. But in the East if Rose is back and is close to what he was before (by playoff time) then I think Bulls can actually make it a series but I just don't see them beating the Heat (assuming both teams are healthy).

Sounds good. :)
Chicago-n
Rookie
And1: 35

Post#114 » by Chicago-n » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:34 am

Heat lose-"Regular season doesn't matter"
Heat win-"Team beaten can not win in playoffs"
jayjamesson
Junior
And1: 4

Post#115 » by jayjamesson » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 am

Chicago-n wrote:Heat lose-"Regular season doesn't matter"
Heat win-"Team beaten can not win in playoffs"

Regular season doesn't matter TO THE HEAT. Teams always play like It's the Finals game 7 against the Heat...but when the Heat go all out you know you gon get that work.
beantownski
Bench Warmer
And1: 598

Post#116 » by beantownski » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 am

He won't come back till mid march the earliest. Hope he stays on schedule.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their
shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and
you'll have their shoes.
imchillin
Banned User
And1: 28

Post#117 » by imchillin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:31 am

cool007 wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:

Seriously, no. I don't see the bulls as a threat. With or without Rose

Pacers, maybe
taii1234
Sixth Man
And1: 77

Post#118 » by taii1234 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 pm

The Bulls will not beat the Heat in a 7 game series, with or without Rose.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,703

Post#119 » by jc23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 pm

taii1234 wrote:The Bulls will not beat the Heat in a 7 game series, with or without Rose.

way to go out on a limb and pick the team thats been the title favorite going on 3 straight years.
Be curious, Not judgmental
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,005

Post#120 » by MrSparkle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:14 pm

I don't know guys..... If Boozer gets hot...

Bulls chances of beating Miami without all the injury variables: 40%

Chances that Rose comes back and plays well: 50%

Chances that Noah, Deng, Hinrich, Rip are fully healthy in playoffs: 60% (yes, our entire starting lineup is injury prone)

Chances that Boozer plays well in playoffs: 50%

I think Bulls beating Miami would be a serious miracle run -- and yes, the possibility is there, but odds that all the stars align are like 20%, if you ask me. Very injury prone core compared to Miami, where it seems Wade can dislocate his knee and come back the next day to score 40 points.

Still, I'm pretty excited and quite happy supporting the team, unless we get swept and put up performances reminiscent of the TNT Denver/Miami games. :ouch:

Return to The General Board