yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready to go"

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Yuri Vaultin, Mark K, NO-KG-AI, magnumt, tsherkin

Post#91 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:08 am by bearadonisdna

NYK_89 wrote:DUDE OH MY GOD.
What are you not getting.

In both series the outcome was never in doubt (From an outside observer, also obviously after game 2 because game 1 changed some minds)

Both series were what you would consider a beat down. 4-1 the other team would have to have gone 3-0 to win it etc.

In the Heat series we look at the winner and go wow they really played well, they are probably going on to a championship, and if that series was played well again its probably going down in a similar fashion. Yes the bulls played close every game but the heat got it done and won 4-1

In the Pacers series we go wow they better get it together and not play like that in the next few series or this championship run is doomed. We ask why we needed buzzer beater esque shots in multiple games to win in 5, how a team locked in for a championship run let a 37 win team get a win on them. The talk is 100% about improving and getting better for the next series etc.

IT WAS WEIRDLY CLOSE BECAUSE PEOPLE THOUGHT THAT SERIES WAS GOING TO BE OVER IN 4 STRAIGHT BLOWOUTS, WHILE NOT ACTUALLY CLOSE IN THE SENSE THAT THE PACERS HAD A CHANCE TO WIN THE SERIES THE PACERS PLAYED IT MUCH MUCH MUCH CLOSER THEN ANYONE THOUGHT POSSIBLE.

THE MIAMI SERIES WAS A BLOWOUT JUST LIKE THE PACERS SERIES. HOWEVER THIS SERIES LOOKED TO GO AT LEAST 6 GAMES.

WHEN I REFER TO THE PACERS SERIES AS WEIRDLY CLOSE AND THE HEAT SERIES AS A BLOWOUT WHEN THEY WERE EQUALLY CLOSE IT IS BECAUSE THE PACERS PLAYED IT CLOSE WHEN NOT EXPECTED. HAD I ACTUALLY MEANT THE PACERS COULD HAVE WON THE SERIES I WOULD HAVE JUST SAID A CLOSE SERIES.

If vogel was 20-18 then the Pacers we're 17-27 without him. That is a huge difference. Using the arbitary 37 win number is misleading if not downright irrelevant.

What are you not getting man even a falsely extrapolated version of that record is pathetic next to Chicago and equivelnt to the Knicks who got swept in the first round.

Here are the playoff odds for that first round.
Chicago -3400, Indiana +2200
Miami -1800, Philadelphia +1000
Boston -380, New York +300
Orlando -550, Atlanta +425

Los Angeles -2000, New Orleans +1400
San Antonio -370, Memphis +280
Oklahoma City -215, Denver +180
Dallas -205, Portland +175

That should give you a pretty damn good idea of what the attitude towards this series was at the time even a series like Miami Phili was twice as good odds. They are without a doubt the worst playoff team of the last 2 years.

Also as i noted before I assume you viewed the Knicks by the league #2 defense and their 20-8(?) record which was 2nd in the league over the stretch last year right. By your logic they must have been the clear #2 team in the east because obviously the sub 500 record they had with Dantoni was irrelevant. How did that work out for them.


Anyways i hope Rose can get back and playing well soon here, im hoping they wait until march 8th(?), By then i imagine they will have a better view of what their aspirations are this season and the risk of re injury by then will be very low


Obviously the knicks overall record last year isnt indicative of the type of team they wre going into the playoffs. Does that mean I think they were a top 2 team, no, but you won't see me using their overall record as a quality of opponent indicator. It would flat out be inaccurate.
bearadonisdna
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,180
And1: 851
Joined: Jul 7, 2012
Top

Post#92 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:25 am by bearadonisdna

Honestly if you are still questioning a two year old series , it has no relevance today. At all basically.
bearadonisdna
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,180
And1: 851
Joined: Jul 7, 2012
Top

Post#93 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:27 am by Cowbulls

Referring to the actual thread, I prey he plays a little bit this season to get his timing back. Referring to the rest of the thread...you guys are letting a Knicks fan troll you....a Knicks fan.
Cowbulls



Senior
Posts: 591
And1: 308
Joined: Jun 6, 2010
Top

Post#94 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 am by bearadonisdna

Cowbulls wrote:Referring to the actual thread, I prey he plays a little bit this season to get his timing back. Referring to the rest of the thread...you guys are letting a Knicks fan troll you....a Knicks fan.


You are saying....we are being trolled ?
bearadonisdna
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,180
And1: 851
Joined: Jul 7, 2012
Top

Post#95 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 am by Keller61

NYK_89 wrote:DUDE OH MY GOD.
What are you not getting.

In both series the outcome was never in doubt (From an outside observer, also obviously after game 2 because game 1 changed some minds)

Both series were what you would consider a beat down. 4-1 the other team would have to have gone 3-0 to win it etc.

In the Heat series we look at the winner and go wow they really played well, they are probably going on to a championship, and if that series was played well again its probably going down in a similar fashion. Yes the bulls played close every game but the heat got it done and won 4-1

In the Pacers series we go wow they better get it together and not play like that in the next few series or this championship run is doomed. We ask why we needed buzzer beater esque shots in multiple games to win in 5, how a team locked in for a championship run let a 37 win team get a win on them. The talk is 100% about improving and getting better for the next series etc.

IT WAS WEIRDLY CLOSE BECAUSE PEOPLE THOUGHT THAT SERIES WAS GOING TO BE OVER IN 4 STRAIGHT BLOWOUTS, WHILE NOT ACTUALLY CLOSE IN THE SENSE THAT THE PACERS HAD A CHANCE TO WIN THE SERIES THE PACERS PLAYED IT MUCH MUCH MUCH CLOSER THEN ANYONE THOUGHT POSSIBLE.

THE MIAMI SERIES WAS A BLOWOUT JUST LIKE THE PACERS SERIES. HOWEVER THIS SERIES LOOKED TO GO AT LEAST 6 GAMES.

WHEN I REFER TO THE PACERS SERIES AS WEIRDLY CLOSE AND THE HEAT SERIES AS A BLOWOUT WHEN THEY WERE EQUALLY CLOSE IT IS BECAUSE THE PACERS PLAYED IT CLOSE WHEN NOT EXPECTED. HAD I ACTUALLY MEANT THE PACERS COULD HAVE WON THE SERIES I WOULD HAVE JUST SAID A CLOSE SERIES.

If vogel was 20-18 then the Pacers we're 17-27 without him. That is a huge difference. Using the arbitary 37 win number is misleading if not downright irrelevant.

What are you not getting man even a falsely extrapolated version of that record is pathetic next to Chicago and equivelnt to the Knicks who got swept in the first round.

Here are the playoff odds for that first round.
Chicago -3400, Indiana +2200
Miami -1800, Philadelphia +1000
Boston -380, New York +300
Orlando -550, Atlanta +425

Los Angeles -2000, New Orleans +1400
San Antonio -370, Memphis +280
Oklahoma City -215, Denver +180
Dallas -205, Portland +175

That should give you a pretty damn good idea of what the attitude towards this series was at the time even a series like Miami Phili was twice as good odds. They are without a doubt the worst playoff team of the last 2 years.

Also as i noted before I assume you viewed the Knicks by the league #2 defense and their 20-8(?) record which was 2nd in the league over the stretch last year right. By your logic they must have been the clear #2 team in the east because obviously the sub 500 record they had with Dantoni was irrelevant. How did that work out for them.


Anyways i hope Rose can get back and playing well soon here, im hoping they wait until march 8th(?), By then i imagine they will have a better view of what their aspirations are this season and the risk of re injury by then will be very low


Despite your long, emphatic post, you are still making very little sense, especially when you say that the Heat/Bulls series would have gone down in similar fashion if they played again. The fact that the games were so close suggests that the Heat were lucky to win it in 5 games, and if they played again it would likely be a closer series. Game 4 was tied at the end of regulation and the Bulls had the last shot. They had a 12 point lead with 3 minutes left in Game 5. That series could very easily have been 3-2 Bulls after 5 games. If they played a series again, the Heat would be very lucky to win in 5 again. Many people looked at how close those games were and thought the Bulls had a great shot at beating the Heat last year with more experience and more developed players. Whether or not they can this year is a different story because of the health of Rose, but what happened two years ago is not relevant to that question.
Keller61
Head Coach
Posts: 7,418
And1: 2,727
Joined: Feb 11, 2013
Top

Post#96 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:24 am by mattbulls

Didn't Boston go 7 seven games with an "Ass-tastic" 37 win Atlanta Hawks team and go on and win the title in 08?

Anyways watching that series I felt it was closer that 4-1 total because the Heat a couple of the games in crunch time. The series may not have been close but the games were same with the Pacers series.

Pacers played the Heat decently in the Regular season(different animal, I know)
W-@Miami 93-77
L-@Miami 117-112
L-@Indy 110-103

Vs Bulls
L-@Chi 92-73
L-@Chi 99-86
L-@Indy 110-89
W-@Indy 115-108(OT)

Vs Knicks
L-@NY 98-92
W-@NY 106-93
W-@Indy 119-117
L-@Indy 110-109

Knicks were pretty "Ass-tastic" that year too.
Image
mattbulls




Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,993
And1: 81
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Top

Post#97 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:53 am by jaze89

Did you even watch the Chi-Ind series? Many people remarked on how the Pacers looked like a veteran team that had seen the playoffs before. It wasn't that Chicago was playing down to their level it was that the Pacers were playing much better than their record entailed. Indiana was playing physical defense from the get-go that really disrupted the Bulls, I remember getting really psyched when Deng finally shoved that twat Hansbrough and got the UC pumped up. The whole series was like that though, seemed like the whole goal of the Pacers was to just annihilate Rose anytime he drove to the basket with Jeff Foster and Hansbrough being the main culprits of the 'playoff fouls' (just another term for cheap shots). To their credit it helped them stick with the Bulls but it didn't matter. There was a bit of anxiety for me watching the series but again it had nothing to do with Chicago being a poor playoff team and moreso to do with the Pacers elevating their play and effort.

The fact is though, you can't claim one series was close and the other a blowout or a crushing when they were pretty similar. You're also discounting the fact that Rose was injured in the previous rounds with an ankle sprain and Asik with a calf injury in Game 3 of the Miami series.

That being said, looking at the roster then compared to now I think the Bulls are much improved, the only thing missing is a quality big to back up Noah. However both Marco Belinelli and Rip Hamilton are much better than Keith Bogans. Kirk Hinrich runs a team better than CJ Watson and Nate Robinson is a huge spark off the bench. There's also Jimmy Butler who's been phenomenal this season. I shouldn't even say I think the Bulls are an improved team from 201, they ARE an improved team. It also wouldn't be their first time with a deep run in the playoffs along with a 1st-year head coach.

It'd be like me saying the Knicks aren't contenders because they haven't done anything in years and have been knocked out of the first round 2 times in a row even though they added Jason Kidd, Raymond Felton, and Marcus Camby, along with healthy Iman Shumpert. Then again, at least the Bulls made it to the ECF.
jaze89
Banned User
Posts: 787
And1: 59
Joined: Jan 23, 2009
Top

Post#98 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 am by Heat fan06

doubt he is superstar rose until next year.
Image
Credit to MK
Heat fan06
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,997
And1: 415
Joined: Apr 16, 2011
Top

Post#99 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:42 am by juice_

This is getting annoying.

Are you sure he's at 110% and not 105%? ARE YOU SURE!?
juice_
Freshman
Posts: 90
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 19, 2010
Top

Post#100 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:45 am by Laazard

juice_ wrote:This is getting annoying.

Are you sure he's at 110% and not 105%? ARE YOU SURE!?


Media cretes that hype + he's one of the best players in the league. His return may shape the outcome of playoffs...
Laazard
Junior
Posts: 409
And1: 139
Joined: Nov 16, 2012
Top

Post#101 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:20 am by branny

199%?!
NaturalThunder wrote:OKC killing Serge's MVP candidacy...2-0 without Ibaka on the season.
branny
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,810
And1: 27
Joined: Jun 1, 2012
Top

Post#102 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:32 am by juice_

Laazard wrote:
juice_ wrote:This is getting annoying.

Are you sure he's at 110% and not 105%? ARE YOU SURE!?


Media cretes that hype + he's one of the best players in the league. His return may shape the outcome of playoffs...


yeah, I was just poking fun at the media.
Like when Melo wanted to get traded to the knicks, or Dwight with Orlando the WT gets flooded with repeated news and updates. :roll:
juice_
Freshman
Posts: 90
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 19, 2010
Top

Post#103 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:04 am by panthermark

mj234eva wrote:What topic is this? Could have sworn this was about Rose and how he looks in practice.

Not about some series 2 seasons ago.

^This....
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
panthermark





RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 17,128
And1: 925
Joined: Mar 15, 2010
Location: Undisclosed: MJ's shadow could be lurking....
Top

Post#104 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:42 am by LoveDaBoo

NYK_89 wrote:DUDE OH MY GOD.
What are you not getting.

In both series the outcome was never in doubt (From an outside observer, also obviously after game 2 because game 1 changed some minds)

LOL, you're so full of **** it's unbelievable.
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
Woj: The NBA's Dickie Dunn.
LoveDaBoo



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 15,055
And1: 1,502
Joined: Jun 12, 2009
Top

Post#105 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:45 am by MVP Rose

.
MVP Rose
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,801
And1: 34
Joined: Jan 3, 2012
Top

Post#106 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:07 am by Ikcelaks

People like to make fun of the 110% thing, but I don't think it's a joke. Rehabbing until the affected joint is stronger than it was pre-injury is a common thing. Playing in games will require a complete revamp of the rehab process, so that's risky even if he's close to where he wants to be.

Chicago's getting a middle seed in the play-offs regardless of what Rose does, so why rush it?
Ikcelaks
Sophomore
Posts: 117
And1: 11
Joined: Jun 20, 2012
Top

Post#107 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:46 pm by HotRocks34

dockingsched wrote:
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard

Eyewitness at D Rose's first 5-on-5 practice Monday said Rose looks "ready to go." Said Rose looks like he's able to play in games.



:clap:

hope to see him on the court soon, bulls will be the serious threat to the heat out east.



Or not.

If you're getting beat by 19 points in your own building, I'm not sure even a great player like Derrick Rose is going to help you get over the hump against the defending champions.

Looks like Reggie Rose may have been onto something with his comments earlier today.
HotRocks34

Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,184
And1: 4,429
Joined: Jun 23, 2007
Top

Post#108 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:54 pm by cool007

HotRocks34 wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard

Eyewitness at D Rose's first 5-on-5 practice Monday said Rose looks "ready to go." Said Rose looks like he's able to play in games.



:clap:

hope to see him on the court soon, bulls will be the serious threat to the heat out east.



Or not.

If you're getting beat by 19 points in your own building, I'm not sure even a great player like Derrick Rose is going to help you get over the hump against the defending champions.

Looks like Reggie Rose may have been onto something with his comments earlier today.


So that's based on 1 game? Where Bulls played their worst game of the .... long long time?

What about the game where Bulls beat the Heat without D-Rose in Miami this year?

WIth Rose, Bulls have as good a chance as anyone to beat the Heat (even if it's just like 10-20%).
cool007
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,294
And1: 245
Joined: Feb 3, 2005
Top

Post#109 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:02 am by HotRocks34

cool007 wrote:
So that's based on 1 game? Where Bulls played their worst game of the .... long long time?

What about the game where Bulls beat the Heat without D-Rose in Miami this year?

WIth Rose, Bulls have as good a chance as anyone to beat the Heat (even if it's just like 10-20%).


Bulls probably do have the best shot of anyone in the East (or maybe the Pacers). But OP characterized them as a "serious threat," potentially, with DRose back in the lineup. I can't see that based on what we witnessed tonight. Of course, Miami could get injured between now and then, so things could change.

Chicago played poorly tonight, but I think Miami had something to do with that.

Bulls beat Miami by 7 in South Florida earlier this year. That was when the Heat seemed to be coasting (tired LeBron from long year; DWade coming back from knee surgery). I don't think the Bulls are coasting at this point in the season.

The Knicks wrecked the Heat twice earlier in the season, but I wouldn't characterize them as a "serious threat" to the Heat.
HotRocks34

Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,184
And1: 4,429
Joined: Jun 23, 2007
Top

Post#110 Re: Derrick Rose practices, looks "ready
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:04 am by bullsnewdynasty

"Regular season doesn't matter."

Is what Heat fans told me back in the day, so I think the Bulls are still a threat to contend if Rose comes back.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
Posts: 22,069
And1: 1,318
Joined: Sep 11, 2009
Top

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aderito, aIvin adams, AussieBuck, BombsquadSammy, boren, BruceO, DeadHorse, deneem4, DoubleLintendre, Exabot [Bot], garycarnivals, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], HeatWillRise, history, I Am Awesome-O, I_Socrates, JB1089, JesusHCoxMd, MagicalMe, markjay, Prospect Dong, RoyalMajesty, sca, So_cal_piston, Stavrogin, TeabagUK, TeeheeDumDum, UcanUwill