Race to MVP IV

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: Race to MVP IV 

Post#241 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:21 am

DatD-Wade3 wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Has there ever been an mvp that wasnt a top 2 scorer at his position and didn't lead the league in any major category?

Hahaha there are barely any straws left my friend. It's not like he has the third highest scoring average in nba history or first amongst active players. Go ahead ask Durant and Kobe to dish out 7-8 assts a game see how much they score

Well let me tell you something, the front runner is not even top 10 in assist, or any other category for that matter besides scoring and fg%( we all know fg% is something that can be protected.)

Dude... the guy is averaging 27.2 ppg 8.2 rpg 7.0 apg 1.7 spg 0.8 bpg on 56.7 FG% 41.6 3P%
Your agenda is obvious. Your "analysis/insight" is putrid. Just go away[/quote]

Oh yeah my agenda is obvious? Then what is it?
Kerosene
Starter
And1: 67

Post#242 » by Kerosene » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:24 am

^You're a hater grasping at straws, it's obvious and by continuing to do so, you're only embarrassing yourself.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#243 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:37 am

Kinetic Pyro wrote:^You're a hater grasping at straws, it's obvious and by continuing to do so, you're only embarrassing yourself.

Yeah its so obvious im a hater because I wont fellate lebron stats in this thread. That a player at his own position is outscoring him with less help.
Listen because I have a different viewpoint doesn't make me a hater. Like I said earlier I am not a sheep.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#244 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:43 am

Does it make me a hater to hold lebron to the same critiques as the MVPs before him?
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Post#245 » by mopper8 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:44 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Has there ever been an mvp that wasnt a top 2 scorer at his position and didn't lead the league in any major category?

David Robinson in 95 (Shaq/Hakeem scored more points, DRob didn't lead the league in any category)
Hakeem in 94 (Shaq/Robinson scored more points, Hakeem didn't lead the league in any category)
Larry Bird in 86 ('Nique/Dantley/English all scored more points, Bird didn't lead the league in any category)
Bird in 84 (Dantley/Aguire/Vandeweghe/English/King/Gervin all scored more points, Bird didn't lead the league in any category)
Dr. J in 81 (Dantley/Gervin/Thompson all scored more points, Erving didn't lead the league in any category)
Bill Walton in 78 (McAdoo/KAJ/Lanier/Gilmore all scored more points, Walton didn't lead the league in any category)
Dave Cowens in 73 (KAJ/Haywood/Lanier/Hayes all scored more points, Cowens didn't lead the league in any category)
Willis Reed in 70 (KAJ/Hayes scored more points, Reed didn't lead the league in any category)
Wes Unseld in 69 (at less than 14ppg, there are a lot of guys who scored more than he did, and he didn't lead the league in any category)
Russell in 63 (Wilt/Petit/Bellamy/Embry scored more points, Russell didn't the league in any category)
Russell in 62 (same as above)
Russell in 61 (Wilt/Petit/Naulls/Howell/Lovelette scored more points, Russell didn't lead the league in any category)
---

Additionally:

Barkley in 93 was 2nd at his position in scoring (behind Malone) but 5th overall at 25.6ppg, which makes him poorly situated compared to Lebron in the scoring department. He also didn't lead the league in any category.

Magic in 90 was 2nd at his position in scoring (behind KJ) but 18th overall at 22.3 ppg, which makes him poorly situated compared to Lebron in the scoring department. He also didn't lead the league in any category.

So, this was an incredibly stupid question to begin with, but the answer is, "yes, it's happened, rather routinely throughout NBA history."
DragicTime85 wrote:[Ric Bucher] has a tiny wiener and I can prove it.
arifgokcen
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#246 » by arifgokcen » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:44 am

bearadonisdna wrote:
Kinetic Pyro wrote:^You're a hater grasping at straws, it's obvious and by continuing to do so, you're only embarrassing yourself.

Yeah its so obvious im a hater because I wont fellate lebron stats in this thread. That a player at his own position is outscoring him with less help.
Listen because I have a different viewpoint doesn't make me a hater. Like I said earlier I am not a sheep.

Yeah it does and obnoxious one.

No worries though haters are just another evidence on his 4th MVP.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#247 » by PCProductions » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:45 am

kakaman wrote:Lebron "Magic" James playing the facilitator tonight, so far 16 pts/11 ast/10 rbs

"LebRondo"
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#248 » by 420 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:46 am

You know it's bad when you got mopper8 to come out of retirement.

mopper8 wrote:

David Robinson in 95 (Shaq/Hakeem scored more points, DRob didn't lead the league in any category)
Hakeem in 94 (Shaq/Robinson scored more points, Hakeem didn't lead the league in any category)
Larry Bird in 86 ('Nique/Dantley/English all scored more points, Bird didn't lead the league in any category)
Bird in 84 (Dantley/Aguire/Vandeweghe/English/King/Gervin all scored more points, Bird didn't lead the league in any category)
Dr. J in 81 (Dantley/Gervin/Thompson all scored more points, Erving didn't lead the league in any category)
Bill Walton in 78 (McAdoo/KAJ/Lanier/Gilmore all scored more points, Walton didn't lead the league in any category)
Dave Cowens in 73 (KAJ/Haywood/Lanier/Hayes all scored more points, Cowens didn't lead the league in any category)
Willis Reed in 70 (KAJ/Hayes scored more points, Reed didn't lead the league in any category)
Wes Unseld in 69 (at less than 14ppg, there are a lot of guys who scored more than he did, and he didn't lead the league in any category)
Russell in 63 (Wilt/Petit/Bellamy/Embry scored more points, Russell didn't the league in any category)
Russell in 61 (Wilt/Petit/Naulls/Howell/Lovelette scored more points, Russell didn't lead the league in any category)
---

Additionally:

Barkley in 93 was 2nd at his position in scoring (behind Malone) but 5th overall at 25.6ppg, which makes him poorly situated compared to Lebron in the scoring department. He also didn't lead the league in any category.

Magic in 90 was 2nd at his position in scoring (behind KJ) but 18th overall at 22.3 ppg, which makes him poorly situated compared to Lebron in the scoring department. He also didn't lead the league in any category.

So, this was an incredibly stupid question to begin with, but the answer is, "yes, it's happened, rather routinely throughout NBA history."
Sony17
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#249 » by Sony17 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:49 am

Guys don't respond to this obvious troll. Not only is he disrespecting Lebron he is disrespecting Durant. As if out scoring that guy is a easy task
bobly
Rookie
And1: 432

Post#250 » by bobly » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:51 am

bearadonisdna wrote:

You're a hater because you're being completely disingenuous in your analysis.
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Post#251 » by SideshowBob » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:54 am

bearadonisdna wrote:

But shouldn't he be? You can't knock one guy for having more help, then knock him for scoring less at the same time. I mean, you'd expect the guy with more help to score less and vice-versa wouldn't you? Justified or not, I can see one criticism being valid or the other, not both at once. Just doesn't make sense.

And FTR I don't think you're a "hater"
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#252 » by CJ_18 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 am

bearadonisdna wrote:

It would be a shame if you were a fan of basketball.. because under-stating what he is doing is unfortunate since witnessing someone as great is extremely rare, and as a basketball fan, I am extremely thankful that i get to see this. Because he's on a whole different level than Durant and anyone else in the world, and Durant is also an amazingly talented scorer.

For these reasons I think LeBron is hands down the MVP.. i think people are starting to appreciate how great he really is and that it would be a crime to under-appreciate it, and not give him another (deserving) MVP.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#253 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 am

mopper8 wrote:

---

Additionally:

How could it be stupid if I didn't know the answer. Its likely u didn't know yourself evidenced by your extensive research. Now you know thanks to my question.

Your welcome and also thank you for enlightening us.
PurpleRooster
Rookie
And1: 55

Post#254 » by PurpleRooster » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:57 am

bearadonisdna wrote:

You are contending the world is flat, and we the sheep are telling you it is round bro.

TEAM SHEEP!
Enjoy every sandwich.
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#255 » by CJ_18 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:59 am

Sony17 wrote:Guys don't respond to this obvious troll. Not only is he disrespecting Lebron he is disrespecting Durant. As if out scoring that guy is a easy task

:lol: Exactly! Like shame on LeBron for not outscoring one of the most talented scorers we've seen in years and another guy on NY who is not quite as talented but chucks up 30 shots a game.

Despite the ppg totals, virtually everybody knows LeBron is a better scorer than Melo and some argue he is better than Durant (especially right now, I'd have to say he is)
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#256 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:45 am

Baiting
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#257 » by Dupp » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:15 am

Looking more and more like Durants gonna have to wait another year for his inevitable mvp.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#258 » by kingkirk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:40 am

Oh, you guys are still arguing who is winning?

That sucks.

Its Lebron's, guys.
Sony17
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#259 » by Sony17 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:43 am

Honestly at this point it is lebron unless durant goes on a scoring rampage. Come on durant needs to make this exciting
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,310

Post#260 » by MaliBrah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:03 am

I will laugh if tony durant goes on a twitter rant again for his brother deserving MVP and it being rigged for lebron

Return to The General Board