Race to MVP IV

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Re: Race to MVP IV 

Post#141 » by JordansBulls » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 pm

thatzidimitriou wrote:LeBron deserves it more than any other year this year...
I think the Spurs have more of a chance to win the title this year though...

No he doesn't. He deserved it more in 2009 and 2010 simply because he not only had the best stats, but also the best record.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
This IsMy House
General Manager
And1: 190

Post#142 » by This IsMy House » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:03 pm

JordansBulls wrote:

No he doesn't. He deserved it more in 2009 and 2010 simply because he not only had the best stats, but also the best record.

Although I dont think they'll get it, Miami can still get the best record this year.
I Stand With The []_[]!
JordansBulls
RealGM

Post#143 » by JordansBulls » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:09 pm

This IsMy House wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:

Although I dont think they'll get it, Miami can still get the best record this year.

Maybe true, but certainly he deserved it more those years then this year especially when you consider the Heat had the most allstars this season in comparison to the Cavs teams in 2009 and 2010.
- Michael Jordan
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#144 » by GreenHat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:04 pm

And if we just count allstars the '94 Bulls were better than the '93 Bulls with Jordan. The '94 Bulls had "the most allstars" that season in comparison to their champion seasons. So that was clearly their best team right?

With all the information available can we please stop using intellectually lazy and superficial ways of judging teams?

I don't even necessarily disagree with your conclusion but your reasoning is just so nonsensical and inconsistent.
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
barborous
Sixth Man
And1: 269

Post#145 » by barborous » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:25 pm

GreenHat wrote:
jc23 wrote:^^^i dont consider granger their best player. And i think san antonio just has a great system and a great coach (similar to the situation in Chicago). Not to say they are a bunch of scrubs minus Parker because they are not. They are a talented bunch. I just think miami has more talent then any team in the NBA.

lebron is the mvp regardless though, he would be putting up big numbers even if he was on the kings. I just think his supporting cast is very very good, but gets overlooked.

Except if you take more than a superficial look at the names on the top of the roster it isn't that good.

Lebron has to lead his team in rebounding because the rebounding on the teams sucks. Lebron is the best defender for stopping almost every single opposing player from fast pgs to bruising big men. He also has to run the offense because the Heat have one of the worst pg rotations (Chalmers and Norris Cole)

The supporting cast does very little to support him in the way that most great supporting casts have supported their star perimeter player (defense and rebounding). It's also extremely shallow. Only two of those players would get playing time on good teams.

This is something that gets overlooked. It's not just about the names. I'd actually argue that LeBron in many ways had a better supporting cast in Cleveland in 2009 and 2010 than he has had in Miami.
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#146 » by FlashFlare » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:32 pm

LeBron's got this in the bag. MVP # 4
100% WADEaboo
troza
Junior
And1: 128

Post#147 » by troza » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Well... Lebron is the MVP so far. He is playing in a level that few ever played.

The only player that had a chance was Durant. But Lebron is playing better everyday as Durant is falling a bit appart.

Tony Parker is playing great but the Spurs are doing the same thing they have done in the last years... be on top of the western conference.

Lebron isn't making the Heat going like crazy but he is playing to a level that I don't see being repeated by anyone.

If he doesn't win the MVP, it would be like those years when Jordan deserved it and didn't get... it went to Malone (how a team wins 69 and does not have the MVP is still strange to me) or Magic Johnson (Jordan was the better player since 88... and in 90 he already deserved MVP)
PurpleRooster
Rookie
And1: 55

Post#148 » by PurpleRooster » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:51 pm

James has eaten Durant, and left behind nothing but bones...and now the media and fans want to throw Tony Parker into his cage.

Have fun with that.
Enjoy every sandwich.
JordansBulls
RealGM

Post#149 » by JordansBulls » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:10 pm

GreenHat wrote:And if we just count allstars the '94 Bulls were better than the '93 Bulls with Jordan. The '94 Bulls had "the most allstars" that season in comparison to their champion seasons. So that was clearly their best team right?

With all the information available can we please stop using intellectually lazy and superficial ways of judging teams?

I don't even necessarily disagree with your conclusion but your reasoning is just so nonsensical and inconsistent.

There is a difference between 3 franchise players and guys who have made 7, 8, 9 allstar games and someone who gets in based on a team record and the only time they are in it.
- Michael Jordan
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,700

Post#150 » by HotRocks34 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:16 pm

NBA.com has put Parker ahead of Durant

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2012-13/index.html

Kenny Smith: Durant still going to be better than LeBron in April 2013?
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Post#151 » by SideshowBob » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:29 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZAeo-Tgkxs[/youtube]
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#152 » by HotRocks34 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:36 pm

SideshowBob wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZAeo-Tgkxs[/youtube]

Thanks, Sideshow. That's the clip I'm talking about, from April 2010.

C-Webb knew. He knew! :lol:
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#153 » by SweetTouch » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:37 pm

If you know inside the nba, you know come April they will play this clip
Stop being so disrespectful.
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,442

Post#154 » by toodles23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:42 pm

I'm getting a bad feeling here that TP might actually win the MVP. If he did, it would be the biggest joke in the history of the NBA MVP award. The fact that NBA.com has him ranked over Durant right now is laughable.
PurpleRooster
Rookie
And1: 55

Post#155 » by PurpleRooster » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:50 pm

toodles23 wrote:I'm getting a bad feeling here that TP might actually win the MVP. If he did, it would be the biggest joke in the history of the NBA MVP award. The fact that NBA.com has him ranked over Durant right now is laughable.

He won't.

It is just boring for the media to admit the race is over at this point. They have to try and stir up some conversation even though James has rendered it near meaningless.
Enjoy every sandwich.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#156 » by PCProductions » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:52 pm

I understand why the media does these things, but it really annoys me how fans buy into it. Parker is a great player, no doubt, but come on now... Lebron does what Tony's doing in his sleep, with 5 more rebounds and better defense.
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#157 » by HotRocks34 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:53 pm

PurpleRooster wrote:
toodles23 wrote:I'm getting a bad feeling here that TP might actually win the MVP. If he did, it would be the biggest joke in the history of the NBA MVP award. The fact that NBA.com has him ranked over Durant right now is laughable.

He won't.

It is just boring for the media to admit the race is over at this point. They have to try and stir up some conversation even though James has rendered it near meaningless.

Exactly. Media knows Durant has basically fallen off. But there are still 2 months left in the regular season and there are columns, radio shows and podcasts to fill. So, enter Tony Parker.

SweetTouch wrote:
If you know inside the nba, you know come April they will play this clip

I can't wait! :D
Mutnt
Veteran
And1: 726

Post#158 » by Mutnt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Wow, really? And I thought RealGM was prone to knee-jerks, this is ridiculous. I know OKC is on a three game losing streak but it's not like Durant played badly during that stretch... He's roughly putting a little less than 30/9/7 on 50% with a couple of steals and blocks. He does have 5 TO per game though. Parker has been impressive no doubt, but people far to often over blow good stretches instead of looking at the whole season. It was sort of similar when the Clippers were putting that monster winning streak in December everybody was ready to crown CP3, now Paul is #4 on most people's list.
BeasleyTheBeast
Analyst
And1: 49

Post#159 » by BeasleyTheBeast » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:09 pm

SideshowBob wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZAeo-Tgkxs[/youtube]

he isn't better than LBJ doe
Inreponse to Derrick Rose's Brother criticising the Bulls FO

RunSunRun wrote:"Wait...Derrick Rose has a brother, can he play?"

- Suns front office
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#160 » by Hero » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:51 pm

osamu wrote:
PurpleRooster wrote:95-99.9% of why Rose won the MVP was off narrative, and team record.

no just narrative

It was story and record and Rose's improvement from the previous year. Parker isn't going to win this year. He could make a run at 2nd place but I'm not even sure of that.

Whoa...Nba.com has him at 2nd...wasn't he 9th last week.

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2012-13/index.html

Return to The General Board