Race to MVP IV

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Re: Race to MVP IV 

Post#41 » by PCProductions » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:08 am

I won't say that it's a huge gap, but the Heat are now essentially tied with the Thunder's season record, which was Durant's leg to stand on up until today. There really is no valid point to be made in his favor currently. Still a close race, but Lebron has a decent lead at the moment.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#42 » by JordansBulls » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:09 am

PCProductions wrote:I won't say that it's a huge gap, but the Heat are now essentially tied with the Thunder's season record, which was Durant's leg to stand on up until today. There really is no valid point to be made in his favor currently. Still a close race, but Lebron has a decent lead at the moment.

Pretty much agree with this. Not to mention the fact the Heat are 5 games up on the Knicks now in the East. So they will finish 1st no matter what. Durant's best chance is if the Spurs slip and the Thunder can get 1st as well.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
dreamchaser
Banned User
And1: 166

Post#43 » by dreamchaser » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:05 am

kaitanuva wrote:James Harden should be a top 5 candidate.

why? his team is still 8th on the western conference and on top of that they're not exactly locked in to that spot either...
PurpleRooster
Rookie
And1: 55

Post#44 » by PurpleRooster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:16 am

It is James and not even close.

It is clear that his run of getting to 5,6,7 MVPs is coming to fruition.
Enjoy every sandwich.
[GR]
RealGM
And1: 1,947

Post#45 » by [GR] » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:06 am

Woodsanity wrote:
Magz50 wrote:to be honest, the REAL MVP leader SHOULD be Tony Parker right now. Playing most of the season without Manu and large chunks without Duncan. Best record in the league and putting up 30p and 10 assists on a regular basis of late. That to me is a true MVP candidate.

No not even close. The Spurs can win games without their big 3.... They are great due to their system. TP is not nearly as valuable as say guys like LBj, Durant, and CP3. No LBJ and the Heat would suffer greatly. When CP3 was out the Clippers were terrible. The Spurs without TP and just TD and Manu would still be borderline elite due to their system, role players, and coaching.

lol Single games do not mean they're elite. Parker's play has been incredible, and without him they're not a top 5 team in the West.

No LBJ and the Heat are still top 4 in the East.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#46 » by kingkirk » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 am

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:miami now has a better record than okc. if the reg season finished that way i say no chance durant gets it.

Yep.

I had always maintained that Durant's best chance was having a 4-5 game lead on the Heat.

They have lost that now.

Couple that with Lebron's absurd play, and its Lebron in the clear lead now.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,292

Post#47 » by D.Brasco » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:59 am

The "protege" up-staging the "master" after durant being up-staged by lebron is sending durants stock down. Regardless i think the spurs were always going to have the better record than the thunder out west.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,849

Post#48 » by Woodsanity » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:52 pm

[GR] wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:
Magz50 wrote:to be honest, the REAL MVP leader SHOULD be Tony Parker right now. Playing most of the season without Manu and large chunks without Duncan. Best record in the league and putting up 30p and 10 assists on a regular basis of late. That to me is a true MVP candidate.

No not even close. The Spurs can win games without their big 3.... They are great due to their system. TP is not nearly as valuable as say guys like LBj, Durant, and CP3. No LBJ and the Heat would suffer greatly. When CP3 was out the Clippers were terrible. The Spurs without TP and just TD and Manu would still be borderline elite due to their system, role players, and coaching.

lol Single games do not mean they're elite. Parker's play has been incredible, and without him they're not a top 5 team in the West.

No LBJ and the Heat are still top 4 in the East.

Single games? The Spurs can win games against pretty good teams without TP. Doesn't mean TP isn't elite it just means that he is less valuable than other MVP candidates. If LBJ goes down the Heat are screwed. Same for Durant and CP3. The Spurs have a much better system and coach than any of the other teams I mentioned which allows to have success in the regular season even when playing their big 3 limited minutes. So saying that TP is the true MVP candidate is silly. I have him at the 4th best candidate atm.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
bballfanatic81
Freshman
And1: 52

Post#49 » by bballfanatic81 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:00 pm

lebron is still out of this world. followed by durant and harden. paul is great, but he gets a little too much credit with bledsoe's ineffectiveness running the show.
East_Coast wrote:Now that he's a #1 option, we'll see how Harden does. I've said for over a year that he was overrated because of his situation, and that if traded he would be exposed.

^ LoL. man...
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#50 » by FlashFlare » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:05 pm

LeBron has a pretty big lead on the MVP right now with the Heat having the better record than OKC and the 2 game sweep of OKC.
100% WADEaboo
PCProductions
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by PCProductions » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:44 pm

I'm sorry, I love Tony Parker as he's one of my favorite guards in the league, but he ain't anywhere CLOSE to Durant, let alone Lebron, for MVP. It's almost laughable to me that people are legitimately entertaining giving him the award when you juxtapose his production with what Lebron and Durant are accomplishing this year. The dude is barely even the best league's most valuable point guard, let alone PLAYER. To anyone saying that the Spurs wouldn't be a top team in the West without him is in my mind trying to find any excuse not to give Lebron his fourth MVP.

Tony Parker On/Off:
+11.1 ORtg On Court
+5.0 ORtg Off Court
+6.1 Net On-Off ORtg

Lebron James On/Off:
+11.2 ORtg On Court
-6.8 ORtg Off Court
+18.0 Net On-Off ORtg

Lebron is an order of magnitude more important to his team than Parker, despite Parker's stellar play this season.
High0ctane21
Lead Assistant
And1: 538

Post#52 » by High0ctane21 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 pm

I think it's far and away going to be Lebron James. Seems to me that no one really has much of a chance. The way the Heat/Lebron are playing, this race is over.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#53 » by JordansBulls » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:33 pm

High0ctane21 wrote:I think it's far and away going to be Lebron James. Seems to me that no one really has much of a chance. The way the Heat/Lebron are playing, this race is over.

Stranger things have happened. Like winning 69 games and still not getting MVP.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
kamelion4291
Banned User
And1: 58

Post#54 » by kamelion4291 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Durant is closer to Paul in PER than LeBron now. James has been extending his lead for awhile now.
z_from_kc
Rookie
And1: 72

Post#55 » by z_from_kc » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Someday the NBA will be forced to rename this the LeBron James Award. He owns it and will end up with more MVPs than anyone ever.
He's Heating Up
Senior
And1: 129

Post#56 » by He's Heating Up » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:26 am

[GR] wrote:
PCProductions wrote:I still have a feeling Lebron's gonna get snubbed this year. Don't know why, but it doesn't feel certain to me.

I really want Parker or Cp3 to win.

Wait a second.... If you are a Knicks fan why do you have a sig of Kobe Bryant blocking Lebron James? And you seem to spend all your time talking Lebron down.... Did he fcuk your mother or something? Get over it he is the best player in the league and is on his way to another MVP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LruH69VwPAc

harold lewis wrote:See Baynes/Splittler both on the court. First time two european-americans 7 footers on same backcourt since longley/wennington in 90s.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by PCProductions » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 am

Oh, and btw, Durant finally has been passed up by Lebron in WS/48.

James: .309
Durant: .300
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,310

Post#58 » by MaliBrah » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:37 am

^ LOL
WinisKing
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,988

Post#59 » by WinisKing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 am

PCProductions wrote:Oh, and btw, Durant finally has been passed up by Lebron in WS/48.

James: .309
Durant: .300

Something tells me Durant won't be training with Lebron in this summer
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,849

Post#60 » by Woodsanity » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:08 am

bballfanatic81 wrote:lebron is still out of this world. followed by durant and harden. paul is great, but he gets a little too much credit with bledsoe's ineffectiveness running the show.

Harden over CP3. :lol:

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.

Return to The General Board