yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Race to MVP IV

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Doctor MJ, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#181 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:19 pm by GreenHat

JordansBulls wrote:
GreenHat wrote:And if we just count allstars the '94 Bulls were better than the '93 Bulls with Jordan. The '94 Bulls had "the most allstars" that season in comparison to their champion seasons. So that was clearly their best team right?

With all the information available can we please stop using intellectually lazy and superficial ways of judging teams?

I don't even necessarily disagree with your conclusion but your reasoning is just so nonsensical and inconsistent.

There is a difference between 3 franchise players and guys who have made 7, 8, 9 allstar games and someone who gets in based on a team record and the only time they are in it.


Congrats you are finally willing to look a little deeper than your usual lazy analysis (e.g. losses with home court, winning a franchises first title, counting the number of allstars)

So now since you were able to look into a situation deeper when it involves your idol can you not do the same when it comes to someone you have admitted to being a hater to?

Just as there are differences there, there are other differences in supporting cast other than just number of allstar appearances. Sure the second and third best player are good on the Heat but their skill sets overlap with the best player and then the 4th-10th players are much worse than other elite teams. Additionally they are not elite defenders and rebounders which is the best way to complement a dominant perimeter player.

Lebron should have been the consensus MVP much sooner than it was finally conceded. One of the main arguments against him both this year and when he lost to Rose was supporting cast. Again if we look beyond the number of all star appearances its not that strong of a cast compared to elite teams today and definitely not of the past. Of course you think they would win 55 games without Lebron so its clear that you are just counting all star appearances.
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,962
And1: 322
Joined: Jan 1, 2011
Top

Post#182 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:28 pm by INKtastic

TARIQ wrote:Tony parker should be MVP! it's like when jason kidd could never win the mvp as good as he was there was tim duncan shaq etc same thing happening to Parker lebron durant paul. However, Parker just playing at an elite level.


Here's what you posted in the parker thread that was locked

Tony parker's last 15 games: 25.3ppg 55 FG%+ 9.3apg

So I looked this up

LeBron's last 15 games: 30.2 ppg, .620 FG%, .455 from 3, 8.3 rebounds, 7.1 assists

If parker is elite, what do you call what LeBron is doing?
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
INKtastic

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 19,473
And1: 417
Joined: May 25, 2003
Location: Ohio
Top

Post#183 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:38 pm by Alize

INKtastic wrote:
TARIQ wrote:Tony parker should be MVP! it's like when jason kidd could never win the mvp as good as he was there was tim duncan shaq etc same thing happening to Parker lebron durant paul. However, Parker just playing at an elite level.


Here's what you posted in the parker thread that was locked

Tony parker's last 15 games: 25.3ppg 55 FG%+ 9.3apg

So I looked this up

LeBron's last 15 games: 30.2 ppg, .620 FG%, .455 from 3, 8.3 rebounds, 7.1 assists

If parker is elite, what do you call what LeBron is doing?


FG% is so unreal... :o
Alize


Junior
User avatar
Posts: 279
And1: 62
Joined: Jul 26, 2012
Top

Post#184 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:42 pm by popologist

fallacy wrote:I don't know why this thread needs to exist, do people need to argue about third place?


Lebron is going to win the award by a landslide, and should receive every first place vote

Durant is going to finish second for the third time already in his career

3rd place is the only real thing in question


Except Durant fell to 3rd on nba dot com.

Also one argument one could make for Parker is the strength of competition, PG vs SF, east vs west. Anyway Parker won't win it and certainly won't campaign for it and won't even play the minutes he'd need to play to have even an outside shot really...
popologist
Ballboy
Posts: 31
And1: 0
Joined: Feb 10, 2012
Top

Post#185 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:58 pm by UDRIH14

parker does have an argument with t he way the spurs have played so far this season, remember they did play 3 weeks without the SF kl/jax rotation out injured knee and hand, and still manage to win games by slotting in the role players on the bench who are 1 dimensional but fulfill their roles...

parker this season has outplayed all the elite pgs this season h2h, so i dont see how he is a knock to be shove under the bus...

he needs to play out of his mind for the rest of the season to even have a sniff, but a upset for runners up or even winning it is not out of the question...
UDRIH14
Head Coach
Posts: 6,240
And1: 58
Joined: Jan 27, 2005
Location: Australia
Top

Post#186 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:03 pm by kamelion4291

UDRIH14 wrote:parker does have an argument with t he way the spurs have played so far this season, remember they did play 3 weeks without the SF kl/jax rotation out injured knee and hand, and still manage to win games by slotting in the role players on the bench who are 1 dimensional but fulfill their roles...

parker this season has outplayed all the elite pgs this season h2h, so i dont see how he is a knock to be shove under the bus...

he needs to play out of his mind for the rest of the season to even have a sniff, but a upset for runners up or even winning it is not out of the question...

Are you a Spurs fan or something? Check the numbers. That was the first game of the season in which Parker outplayed CP3.

As far as winning, that is indeed absolutely out of the question. Tony Parker in the first game against the Clippers had a game of 4 points 1 rebound 6 assists 4 turnovers and shot 28.6%. In contrast, this SEASON LeBron has ONE game shooting under 40% (barely) and ONE game under 20 points. Tony Parker literally has no chance.

Implying that Tony Parker should win MVP is the same as implying that if you took Parker off the Spurs and added LeBron, the team would get worse. Are you really making that statement?
kamelion4291
Banned User
Posts: 1,302
And1: 58
Joined: Dec 21, 2011
Top

Post#187 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:07 pm by arifgokcen

Lebron in Feb . 30.2ppg on .66%fg .46%3fg .81%ft 7.6rpg 6.7apg.
Record 9-1

wow
arifgokcen
Rookie
Posts: 1,104
And1: 102
Joined: Oct 19, 2010
Top

Post#188 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:41 pm by zogster

LeBron on zero days rest this year (2nd game of a back to back):

29.3ppg, 8.9rpg, 8.4apg, 1.1bpg, 1.8spg, 59.1% FG, 45.5% FG, 81.8% FT.

So basically, he's better with no rest... perhaps the Heat should ask the NBA for back-to-back-to-back-to-backs.
zogster
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,789
And1: 28
Joined: Oct 27, 2010
Top

Post#189 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:12 pm by Langdon Alger

Bill Simmons just summed up the opinions of most posters here perfectly in comparing TP v Lebro for MVP.
Langdon Alger
Senior
Posts: 577
And1: 100
Joined: Jan 27, 2013
Top

Post#190 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:58 pm by Langdon Alger

ecksodia wrote:
Langdon Alger wrote:Bill Simmons just summed up the opinions of most posters here perfectly in comparing TP v Lebro for MVP.


Huh? When?


--------------------------------------

On ESPN NBA Countdown, he did a little rant essentially said that putting TP over Lebron is ridiculous at this point, and also talked about how TP is only playing 32 minutes.
Langdon Alger
Senior
Posts: 577
And1: 100
Joined: Jan 27, 2013
Top

Post#191 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:04 pm by KingCuban

Can we stop with this TP ****?

You wont find a bigger fan of Parker and the Spurs out of SA fans in me, but this is just nonsense.

He is playing incredible basketball, but Lebron is just on another planet.

Just stop.
Image
KingCuban

Global Mod
Global Mod
User avatar
Posts: 66,217
And1: 10,213
Joined: Jan 24, 2004
Location: Australia
Top

Post#192 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:48 pm by Benedict_Boozer

arifgokcen wrote:Lebron in Feb . 30.2ppg on .66%fg .46%3fg .81%ft 7.6rpg 6.7apg.
Record 9-1

wow


That is truly absurd. Particularly by a wing player, just crazy stuff.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 12,558
And1: 219
Joined: Aug 7, 2004
Top

Post#193 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:50 pm by KingCuban

Benedict_Boozer wrote:
That is truly absurd. Particularly by a wing player, just crazy stuff.


Just smart, controlled basketball, and is realising his potential at the minute.

He is playing with a 'less is more' approach to his game, and its working beautifully.
Image
KingCuban

Global Mod
Global Mod
User avatar
Posts: 66,217
And1: 10,213
Joined: Jan 24, 2004
Location: Australia
Top

Post#194 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 pm by SideshowBob

Posted this on the PC Board

SideshowBob wrote:Since recovering from Ankle injury (18 G)

Code: Select all
MP    PTS    TRB    AST    STL    BLK    TOV   TS%    eFG%   GmSc   ORTG
38.1  29.3   7.8    7.2    2.1    0.7    3.0  .700   .666    27.4   136


Last 9

Code: Select all
MP    PTS    TRB    AST    STL    BLK    TOV   TS%    eFG%   GmSc   ORTG
37.2  30.4   7.8    7.1    2.0    0.7    3.6  .765   .733    28.6   140


February

Code: Select all
MP    PTS    TRB    AST    STL    BLK    TOV   TS%    eFG%   GmSc   ORTG
37.6  30.2   7.6    6.7    1.9    0.7    3.5  .752   .715    27.8   138


Here's a response by Elgee

ElGee wrote:What's startling to me is the Heat's play in the last 18 games that directly coincides with LeBron's genius. (I'm going to use the word genius here, since I truly feel like he's on a different plane when he plays now, ala Bird and Magic at their peak.) 70% TS. I'm literally laughing out loud.

Miami first 34G: 4.2 SRS, +6.0 ORtg, +1.1 DRtg
Miami last 18G: 11.6 SRS, +10.3 ORtg, -1.8 DRtg
Marty Hart wrote:Every time I think you hit a ceiling, you just keep raising the bar. You are like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a bitch.
SideshowBob

Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,483
And1: 1,681
Joined: Jul 16, 2010
Location: DC Metropolitan
Top

Post#195 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:56 pm by Langdon Alger

KingCuban wrote:Can we stop with this TP ****?

You wont find a bigger fan of Parker and the Spurs out of SA fans in me, but this is just nonsense.

He is playing incredible basketball, but Lebron is just on another planet.

Just stop.


As the high from yesterday's Spurs/Clips game has come down I believe most NBA people are thinking just like you are. Atleast that's what I got from watching Around the Horn and the ESPN countdown. Heck Bill Simmons pretty much said as much verbatim.
Langdon Alger
Senior
Posts: 577
And1: 100
Joined: Jan 27, 2013
Top

Post#196 Re: Race to MVP IV
Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:56 pm by Sony17

PurpleRooster wrote:
fallacy wrote:I don't know why this thread needs to exist, do people need to argue about third place?


Lebron is going to win the award by a landslide, and should receive every first place vote

Durant is going to finish second for the third time already in his career

3rd place is the only real thing in question


I heard they are making a patch for this on the all-star warm-ups next season.

Durant will win an MVP most likely next year or the next. Only reason this guy won't have about 4-5 mvp's in his career is cause of that jerk off Lebron
Sony17
Freshman
Posts: 87
And1: 1
Joined: Dec 26, 2012
Top

Post#197 Re: Race to MVP IV
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:15 am by Pimpwerx

Where is all this TP talk coming from anyway? Was it inspired by Barkley barking? PEACE.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
Posts: 8,836
And1: 75
Joined: Jul 19, 2010
Top

Post#198 Re: Race to MVP IV
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:29 am by dreamchaser

Pimpwerx wrote:Where is all this TP talk coming from anyway? Was it inspired by Barkley barking? PEACE.

It got sparked by him just outplaying Chris Paul.
dreamchaser
Banned User
Posts: 9,886
And1: 165
Joined: Jan 9, 2013
Top

Post#199 Re: Race to MVP IV
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:35 am by NinjaSheppard

I guess we should put JJack in the MVP talks now also based on that.

Anyways its basically people being bored by the fact that LeBron is having a GOAT level regular season and trying to initiate new narrative arguments.
NinjaSheppard



Senior
Posts: 551
And1: 148
Joined: May 17, 2012
Top

Post#200 Re: Race to MVP IV
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:37 am by LeBron-FTW

JJack MVP3 !!!
LeBron-FTW
Suspended
Posts: 780
And1: 319
Joined: Nov 1, 2012
Top

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 165bows, BadWolf, Bandwagon1, Batu7, BBall_IQ, bona fide rube, Brt19, CnG, crossjon, Crowax, DASMACKDOWN, dautjazz, Dimitraa, djchosam, durden_tyler, EnigmaticProblem, frankm39, GREENE1148, HTown_TMac, Infinity2332, j-ragg, jasonic, JesusHCoxMd, Kdab, LBJVirus218, LofJ, MikeTheKid, MilTownBucks, no dice, pr0wler, pumuki, T2, Talent Chaser, Tave, THE GOAT ROSE, UcanUwill, Vinsanity_GOAT, WIN, WVSArtist, Xepa777