Kevin Garnett refused to waive his no trade clause

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Re: Kevin Garnett refused to waive his no trade clause 

Post#121 » by inquisitive » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 pm

after watching how KG and Pierce interact with their teammates during games, i think they should retire with the Celtics...i can see how KG and Pierce are so loyal....very genuine.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
TONY_YAYO
Pro Prospect
And1: 324

Post#122 » by TONY_YAYO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:52 pm

KG didnt want to get embarrassed by Duncan in the playoffs I understand.....Clippers will still underchieved in the playoffs..........And how is it loyalty when the team KG's on trying to get rid of his ass. Certainly if they didnt that no trade clause KG would've already been gone.
“I didn’t come for the massage, Funk; I came for the facial.”-Stacey King
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#123 » by Dupp » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:11 pm

^ Because hes loyal to his team mates and the fans.... Pretty easy to understand really. Bait post is bait.
TONY_YAYO
Pro Prospect
And1: 324

Post#124 » by TONY_YAYO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:16 pm

really??? Do the fans really want to keep KG and not get DeAndre and Bledsoe.....I dont think so.....Loyalty getting mistaken for selfishness
“I didn’t come for the massage, Funk; I came for the facial.”-Stacey King
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#125 » by WhateverBro » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:35 pm

TONY_YAYO wrote:KG didnt want to get embarrassed by Duncan in the playoffs I understand.....Clippers will still underchieved in the playoffs..........And how is it loyalty when the team KG's on trying to get rid of his ass. Certainly if they didnt that no trade clause KG would've already been gone.

:roll:

Yeah, so selfish of him to stay loyal to the fans and his teammates all while not trying to move his family and kids out of school to the other side of the country just to get a legit chance at another championship. Can't get anymore selfish than that, huh?
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#126 » by GAME TIME » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:48 pm

If KG wanted a championship, he would had bolted like Ray Ray
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#127 » by WD » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:19 pm

Jakay wrote:I'm not a fan of the Celtics, and I'm indifferent to KG and his persona (although he's a legend, make no mistake), but good for him. He got one, not selling out his career to get another, legit stance, should retire a Celtic.

He's going to be remembered more as a Celtic, with his best stat years coming on Minny.

LIKE JERMAIN ONEAL SAID

"“I’m no longer looking to go and try to win a championship. When you don’t fit, it looks like you can’t play,” said O’Neal, who admits to savoring his surroundings a little more. “Basketball justifies a lot for people, but I don’t need that. I have a great family, and that’s my concentration."

I GOT TO RESPECT THESE GUYS.. I'M getting tired of this sacrifice for a ring sh2t anyway, whatever happend to "for the love of the game"

P.S. I don't post that often anymore, so let me get this in. I am not a fan of CP3
#HEATLifer
AlexDelta
Senior
And1: 254

Post#128 » by AlexDelta » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Maybe KG just didn't want to move all the way to the other end of the country at this stage of his career. I know I wouldn't want to.
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,849

Post#129 » by 24istheLAW » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Prime James wrote:Do Celtics fans want a rebuild or do they want KG and Pierce till they bow out ?

Let PP and KG go out fighting. The key to rebuilding is losing, and we can always lose later. You only get to watch these guys one more time.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,246

Post#130 » by Infinite Llamas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:55 pm

TONY_YAYO wrote:really??? Do the fans really want to keep KG and not get DeAndre and Bledsoe.....I dont think so.....Loyalty getting mistaken for selfishness

Well, I'm a longtime C's fan, and I'd rather keep KG than trade for those two.

Please try not to over-generalize a fan base
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#131 » by ermocrate » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:59 pm

TONY_YAYO wrote:really??? Do the fans really want to keep KG and not get DeAndre and Bledsoe.....I dont think so.....Loyalty getting mistaken for selfishness

Yeah, you know we are really weird fans, most of us wanted to keep KG...
"Negativity in this town sucks"
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,806

Post#132 » by og15 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:39 am

TONY_YAYO wrote:KG didnt want to get embarrassed by Duncan in the playoffs I understand.....Clippers will still underchieved in the playoffs..........And how is it loyalty when the team KG's on trying to get rid of his ass. Certainly if they didnt that no trade clause KG would've already been gone.

What are your expectations of the Clippers in the playoffs? Underachieving means to play below expectations. If you think their roster, talent and coaching is that of a second round team, then getting to the second round is not underachieving. If you think it is that of a WCF, etc, etc.

So you can't just say underachieve without defining what you expect they should accomplish based on their talent etc. The Clippers overachieved last season in the playoffs. The majority had them losing, and they won, so there has to be some standard for what under achieving is.

AlexDelta wrote:Maybe KG just didn't want to move all the way to the other end of the country at this stage of his career. I know I wouldn't want to.

I think he actually stays closer to LA during the off-season, which is like half of the year anyways, so it would seemingly be more convenient actually, not less.
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#133 » by COY0607 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:51 am

WD wrote:
Jakay wrote:I'm not a fan of the Celtics, and I'm indifferent to KG and his persona (although he's a legend, make no mistake), but good for him. He got one, not selling out his career to get another, legit stance, should retire a Celtic.

He's going to be remembered more as a Celtic, with his best stat years coming on Minny.

LIKE JERMAIN ONEAL SAID

"“I’m no longer looking to go and try to win a championship. When you don’t fit, it looks like you can’t play,” said O’Neal, who admits to savoring his surroundings a little more. “Basketball justifies a lot for people, but I don’t need that. I have a great family, and that’s my concentration."

I GOT TO RESPECT THESE GUYS.. I'M getting tired of this sacrifice for a ring sh2t anyway, whatever happend to "for the love of the game"

P.S. I don't post that often anymore, so let me get this in. I am not a fan of CP3

thats a great JO quote, can apply to a lot of vet players, just look at grant hill, went from a solid starter to barely a rotation player.. KG is a starting all star, in trying to chase a championship he can go from that to a 7th guy very easily
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#134 » by GreenBloodedC » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:24 am

We're the worst fans in the world. Some of us want to see PP and KG retire as a Celtic before we completely rebuild. Have mercy on our souls.

Return to The General Board