GT Feb 22nd, 2013 (MIN/OKC & SAS/GSW on ESPN)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Re: GT Feb 22nd, 2013 (MIN/OKC & SAS/GSW on ESPN) 

Post#781 » by branny » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:34 am

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Jarrett Jack: 1st player with at least 30 points, 10 assists off bench in game since Magic Johnson in 1996!

Not bad
ThePersianFreak
Suspended
And1: 1,072

Post#782 » by ThePersianFreak » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:35 am

harold lewis wrote:The day Golden State goes into San Antonio and wins a game then wake me up.

Spurs will win 4-1 if they meet in May.

Thank you for stating the obvious !
branny
Assistant Coach

Post#783 » by branny » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:35 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:
DragicTime85 wrote:
Shv3d wrote:After this, every team will go to sleeved jerseys.

I prefer short shorts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve04-BcEP94
Can't get Youtube to embed it. You'll have to go there

Remove the s in https I think
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#784 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:37 am

Well Damn it works. Thanks Branny

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve04-BcEP94[/youtube]
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
justinandimcool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,097

Post#785 » by justinandimcool » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:37 am

harold lewis wrote:The day Golden State goes into San Antonio and wins a game then wake me up.

We'll see. The Spurs are known for forgetting that there are young, hungry teams out there. Not every team will just lay down. This was a good wakeup call that there is such a thing called toughness and energy, especially against teams that are quicker, faster, and more athletic. The earlier they get accustomed to this mindset, the better. Gotta stay hungry.
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#786 » by TaylorMonkey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 am

NaturalThunder wrote:
TwentyOne920 wrote:I'll take losing IN Golden State tbh, these guys beat OKC, MIA after all

Beat the Thunder under the same circumstances they beat the Spurs. Team in the middle of a road trip on the second night of a back-to-back. The Spurs got it even worse, having to go to OT. Not saying that was the sole reason the Warriors won, but it certainly helped. It just looked like San Antonio just ran out of gas in the end. Made some silly mental mistakes you rarely see them make.

I knew someone would bring this up. Spurs rested their starters yesterday because of a blowout. Duncan only played 16, and the starters 25.

And where was our sympathy when we dropped 5 after playing two back to back games in five nights on the road, against OKC and MEM no less, and one more at home for 5 games in 8 days?
huskerdu
Starter
And1: 361

Post#787 » by huskerdu » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 am

As long as Spurs can get HCA throughout the playoffs I'm happy. A 3 game lead and home heavy schedule the rest of the way should have it (hopefully) locked up for the Spurs.

HCA doesn't get you a title, but every little advantage helps.

And Curry had lost control of the ball before Ginobili grabbed his wrist. Awful review.
carayip
Rookie
And1: 17

Post#788 » by carayip » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 am

"We Believe" :D
branny
Assistant Coach

Post#789 » by branny » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:Well Damn it works. Thanks Branny

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve04-BcEP94[/youtube]

No worries
hellla
Senior
And1: 91

Post#790 » by hellla » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 am

The_Dream wrote:

No one is saying otherwise.

Seriously. Why is this guy mad? It was a great game. Spurs played great but we had a very slight edge and caught them slipping. Great game.
bandwagon warriors fan since 2005
"Steph Curry is like the police. You could put your hands up, but he's still shootin!" - Athletic Alchemy
justinandimcool
Lead Assistant

Post#791 » by justinandimcool » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:44 am

huskerdu wrote:As long as Spurs can get HCA throughout the playoffs I'm happy. A 3 game lead and home heavy schedule the rest of the way should have it (hopefully) locked up for the Spurs.

And Curry had lost control of the ball before Ginobili grabbed his wrist. Awful review.

HCA is great. GSW is also a team that can easily upset SA in the first or second round. Nice to get a good look at what they're doing on defense, as they completely shut down the Spurs in some stretches. I'd easily sacrifice the loss for the luxury of adjusting to their gameplan if and when we see them in April/May.

Would've been nice to have Bogut instead of Biedrins in there to see them at full strength, but their game plan was pretty apparent. Now it's a matter of overcoming it in a 7 game series.
OKCThunderUp35
Bench Warmer
And1: 10

Post#792 » by OKCThunderUp35 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:45 am

HCA doesn't matter. If your a top 4 team you'll be able to win on the road.
huskerdu
Starter

Post#793 » by huskerdu » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:47 am

justinandimcool wrote:
huskerdu wrote:As long as Spurs can get HCA throughout the playoffs I'm happy. A 3 game lead and home heavy schedule the rest of the way should have it (hopefully) locked up for the Spurs.

HCA is great. GSW is also a team that can easily upset SA in the first or second round. Nice to get a good look at what they're doing on defense, as they completely shut down the Spurs in some stretches. I'd easily sacrifice the loss for the luxury of adjusting to their gameplan if and when we see them in April/May.

Would've been nice to have Bogut instead of Biedrins in there to see them at full strength, but their game plan was pretty apparent. Now it's a matter of overcoming it in a 7 game series.[/quote]

Playoffs are a different beast, and I think the Spurs would take them out in 5.

The one thing I like about this year's Spurs vs the previous two years is that the much improved D really keeps them in games even when they're shooting sub 40%. Normally, if the Spurs offense sucks you know you'll be in for a long night.

The offense blew open for both teams in the second half tonight, but this year even the Spurs get less than 90 points they still find themselves winning or in great position to win games.
huskerdu
Starter

Post#794 » by huskerdu » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:48 am

OKCThunderUp35 wrote:HCA doesn't matter. If your a top 4 team you'll be able to win on the road.

For sure, but having Game 7 at home isn't the worst thing ever.
justinandimcool
Lead Assistant

Post#795 » by justinandimcool » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:49 am

huskerdu wrote:
justinandimcool wrote:

Would've been nice to have Bogut instead of Biedrins in there to see them at full strength, but their game plan was pretty apparent. Now it's a matter of overcoming it in a 7 game series.[/quote

Playoffs are a different beast, and I think the Spurs would take them out in 5.

The one thing I like about this year's Spurs vs the previous two years is that the much improved D really keeps them in games even when they're shooting sub 40%. Normally, if the Spurs offense sucks you know you'll be in for a long night.

The offense blew open for both teams in the second half tonight, but this year even the Spurs get less than 90 points they still find themselves winning or in great position to win games.

3 point shooting teams always make me paranoid. If they meet in the playoffs it won't be Jack beating us but Curry/Thompson hitting their usual looks. If we can run them off the line like the first half then it's fine, but the second half was an abortion. Very concerning, would hate to see them in the playoffs. Our 90-ish point effort in regulation may very well be 110 if they get hot.
King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#796 » by King d » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:49 am

Batum's controversial "two pointer"

http://i.imgur.com/B2GDwLu.jpg
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#797 » by Flash Falcon X » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:50 am

I would actually rather have the Warriors play the Spurs in the Playoffs than the Thunder and Clippers.

Only reason the Warriors lost that game in San Antonio earlier this season is because Stephen Curry wasn't playing.
#DubNation
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#798 » by NaturalThunder » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:52 am

TaylorMonkey wrote:
NaturalThunder wrote:
TwentyOne920 wrote:I'll take losing IN Golden State tbh, these guys beat OKC, MIA after all

Beat the Thunder under the same circumstances they beat the Spurs. Team in the middle of a road trip on the second night of a back-to-back. The Spurs got it even worse, having to go to OT. Not saying that was the sole reason the Warriors won, but it certainly helped. It just looked like San Antonio just ran out of gas in the end. Made some silly mental mistakes you rarely see them make.

I knew someone would bring this up. Spurs rested their starters yesterday because of a blowout. Duncan only played 16, and the starters 25.

And where was our sympathy when we dropped 5 after playing two back to back games in five nights on the road, against OKC and MEM no less, and one more at home for 5 games in 8 days?

I apologize. Here's some retroactive sympathy.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
whatchaknow
Analyst
And1: 716

Post#799 » by whatchaknow » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:53 am

King d wrote:Batum's controversial "two pointer"

http://i.imgur.com/B2GDwLu.jpg

Looks like a 3 but i highly doubt the refs had that clear of an image of it on the replay... As a Blazer fan they called it a two (apparently 2 of the 3 actually called it a 3) and it was too dang close to call so they couldnt overturn it. No complaint here
justinandimcool
Lead Assistant

Post#800 » by justinandimcool » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:57 am

Bay Based wrote:

I would actually rather have the Warriors play the Spurs in the Playoffs than the Thunder and Clippers.

Only reason the Warriors lost that game in San Antonio earlier this season is because Stephen Curry wasn't playing.

Yeah, GSW/SAS goes at least 6, almost guaranteed 7.

I've watched a lot of Spurs games in my life, especially the past few seasons with this system, and you just know when a certain coach has the Spurs figured out. Thibs, Hollins, Brooks, and now Jackson has the same kind of fire in his team. It's one thing to have a great defensive anchor in Lee, but they seem to run off every shooter and turn every play into a broken one. Definitely do not want to see the Warriors (or Grizz/OKC) for that matter.

In other words: getting to the finals will be really, really, really hard.

Return to The General Board