Lakers and Mavs are just 3 games away from Playoff spot.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

BattleTested
Veteran
And1: 529

Re: Lakers and Mavs are just 3 games away from Playoff spot. 

Post#121 » by BattleTested » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Lakers really only need to finish the season one game back of Houston, because they play them on the last day of the regular season. It's in LA, the Rockets 3rd game in 4 days while the Lakers would have had 2 days off since their last game. If the Lakers are one game back before that game and win it, then they tie Houston in record and the season series. At that point, it comes down to in conference win % which the Lakers hold a 2 1/2 game edge in.

So the Lakers have a very realistic shot at catching Houston. They need to get lucky though, starting tomorrow in Denver on a back to back.

Dallas' playoff hopes died today. As a Lakers fan that's very satisfying considering what happened in 2011 and how we didn't get to play them last year in the postseason.
Lakers fan since 99.

PCProductions wrote:NBA has probably the most parity of any pro sport.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,043

Post#122 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:55 pm

mg wrote:Utah is looking awful tonight against the Clippers...No offense to Utah fans but their team is boring to watch esp with the likes of Jefferson, Foye, and Tinsley getting major minutes.

I just have a feeling the Lakers will make it and the Jazz will be the team to fall out.

There are only a few handful of marque players and several of them reside on the Lakers. I just don't see the league allowing LA to finish out of the playoffs. LA vs OKC is sexier than Utah vs OKC in the first round which will lead to more eyeballs watching and more revenues for the league.

Jazz really needed to get some more guard help. Didn't happen. Hopefully Mo Williams will be back soon and give the Jazz a much needed backcourt boost.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,014

Post#123 » by rockmanslim » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:08 am

Lakers 2.5 games back
Blazers 3 games back if they win tonight, 4 games back if they lose
Mavs 5 games back
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

BattleTested
Veteran
And1: 529

Post#124 » by BattleTested » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:11 am

LA needs to win these next two home games vs Minnesota and Atlanta. If they drop one of these games, they're pretty much dead in the water with a date in OKC looming on Tuesday.
Lakers fan since 99.

PCProductions wrote:NBA has probably the most parity of any pro sport.
zronv7
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#125 » by zronv7 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:17 am

You can count on poorly officiated games for the jazz the next couple weeks while the lakers get favorable calls so they can steal that 8th seed. The NBA would loose mad money if Lakers were not to make the playoffs which is unfortunate because I would love to see the Jazz in it.
swag2011
Senior
And1: 17

Post#126 » by swag2011 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:01 am

zronv7 wrote:You can count on poorly officiated games for the jazz the next couple weeks while the lakers get favorable calls so they can steal that 8th seed. The NBA would loose mad money if Lakers were not to make the playoffs which is unfortunate because I would love to see the Jazz in it.

lol blah blah blah refs help Lakers! cry me a river lol. if the refs helped the lakers so much, they are doing a poor job b/c they lakers shouldn't even be out of the playoff picture.

and see the jazz in it for what? so they can get swept again two years straight?

Return to The General Board