The Pacers Core (a clinic in how to build without tanking)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Re: The Pacers Core (a clinic in how to build without tankin 

Post#101 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Knicks2DaHouse wrote:
RaptorNews wrote:
PetroNet wrote:complete frauds. i hope we drop to the 6 or 7 seed so we can play you and actually get out of the first round

Oh dear Lord

:rofl: :rofl:

They are arguably the best match up for us and we're 2-0 against them. We don't match up well with Miami, Atlanta or Milwaukee as they have speed and athleticism.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
dabestmane
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#102 » by dabestmane » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:22 pm

PetroNet wrote:
matt6715 wrote:
PetroNet wrote:shouldnt this say:

"a clinic on how to be a treadmill team"?

That treadmill team scares me a lot more than the "star" team Brooklyn put together. The Pistons proved that you can ride balanced scoring, elite D, and some luck to a championship.

brooklyn isnt a star team... it was a team assmebled to be a playoff lock going into a new city/arena and ensure they arent moving to brooklyn with a loser. the nets arent a good team, and certainly not one built for the playoffs... in fact, the only bigger fraud team then us, is... well the pacers.

pacers offense is absolutely pathetic... you couldnt outscore us starting tyshon taylor and reggie evans. our defense is pathetic and we held you to what, 75 points in 4 quarters and overtime?

complete frauds. i hope we drop to the 6 or 7 seed so we can play you and actually get out of the first round

The Pacers were not missing their leading scorer from last year like they have all year. The Pacers also didn't recently come off the leagues only back to back to back game where they ended up playing 4 games in 5 nights before they played brooklyn.

:roll: .. maan. The Paces are only elite defensively and are second in the conference so far despite a major injury only because they're frauds.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#103 » by Jake0890 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 pm

If we're a treadmill team at the 2nd spot in the EC, and you're in 4th in the EC... What does that make you? Ignorant hate.

I'm not claiming the Pacers' offense to be top-tier, but they've been missing their perennial leading scorer. Let's see how the Nets do w/out Lopez (I think that's the leading scorer).
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#104 » by PetroNet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 pm

dabestmane wrote:
The Pacers were not missing their leading scorer from last year like they have all year. The Pacers also didn't recently come off the leagues only back to back to back game where they ended up playing 4 games in 5 nights before they played brooklyn.

:roll: .. maan. The Paces are only elite defensively and are second in the conference so far despite a major injury only because they're frauds.

we had tyshon taylor and reggie evans starting! dwill was out and we were on a back to back as well and we play ZERO defense and you still lose and didnt break 80 points... and even if you want to make excuses for that game we beat you by 15-20 the previous meeting.

2nd in the east is a joke, the conference is terrible and there are what like 4 teams within a game or two of the pacers?

fraud team.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#105 » by Jake0890 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:43 pm

PetroNet wrote:
dabestmane wrote:

we had tyshon taylor and reggie evans starting! dwill was out and we were on a back to back as well and we play ZERO defense and you still lose and didnt break 80 points... and even if you want to make excuses for that game we beat you by 15-20 the previous meeting.

2nd in the east is a joke, the conference is terrible and there are what like 4 teams within a game or two of the pacers?

fraud team.

And you're one of those teams within a game or two. Congrats.
PetroNet
Banned User

Post#106 » by PetroNet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Jake0890 wrote:

If we're a treadmill team at the 2nd spot in the EC, and you're in 4th in the EC... What does that make you? Ignorant hate.

what does the nets being an awful overpaid team that plays no defense have to do with the pacers?

if your comparing yourself to the nets, you certainly arent a good team.
Sting3r
Head Coach
And1: 209

Post#107 » by Sting3r » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:53 pm

To be fair they were a treadmill team before this season...kinda like the Atlanta hawks a few years go. They are playing better this year but until they actually do something relevant in post season things won't change much.
dabestmane
Ballboy

Post#108 » by dabestmane » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:55 pm

PetroNet wrote:
dabestmane wrote:

fraud team.

Which was on a back to back game... The Pacer's 3rd game in 4 nights.....again without their leading scorer from last year.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,546

Post#109 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:57 pm

I think people are losing sight of the face that the game actually has to be played. These aren't simulations. The Pacers are absolutely a contender because they match up well with every team in the league. Some of you guys should just stop watching basketball since the winners are already so clear cut :roll:
PetroNet
Banned User

Post#110 » by PetroNet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:59 pm

dabestmane wrote:
PetroNet wrote:
dabestmane wrote:

fraud team.

Which was on a back to back game... The Pacer's 3rd game in 4 nights.....again without their leading scorer from last year.

so basically, the pacers are the only team who plays on back to back nights and its unheard ofr for a team to win on a back to back?

got it thanks. nets dont play defense, only beat horrible sub .500 teams, we didint have OUR leading scorer from last year(dwill) and still won. that should tell you all you need to know about your fraud fugazy team.
dabestmane
Ballboy

Post#111 » by dabestmane » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm

PetroNet wrote:so basically, the pacers are the only team who plays on back to back nights and its unheard ofr for a team to win on a back to back?

got it thanks. nets dont play defense, only beat horrible sub .500 teams, we didint have OUR leading scorer from last year(dwill) and still won. that should tell you all you need to know about your fraud fugazy team.

Oh alright then. Using your logic, the Heat are fraud champions because they lost all of their games against the team that I mostly watch...... :roll:
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,241

Post#112 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:07 pm

I love how much hate this Nets fan is giving the Pacers.

The Pacers have a better record than the Nets without their leading scorer all season. You keep saying your 2-0 against us so that means we are pretenders, yet we are 2-0 against Miami, what does that make them? I'm not sure why the Nets feel like they've earned the right to talk trash all of a sudden, but its cute.

Come playoff time, the Pacers would beat the Nets in 5-6. The Pacers and Bulls(with healthy Rose) are the only two teams in the East to even have a shot against Miami.
JoeSchmo24
Senior
And1: 580

Post#113 » by JoeSchmo24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:13 pm

PetroNet wrote:
Jake0890 wrote:

what does the nets being an awful overpaid team that plays no defense have to do with the pacers?

if your comparing yourself to the nets, you certainly arent a good team.

It is super ironic that a Nets fan would claim that another team is a treadmill team.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#114 » by princeofpalace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Pacers are a treadmill team. Not sure, why any body would aspire to be the Pacers.
Guzman_9
Pro Prospect
And1: 183

Post#115 » by Guzman_9 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:15 pm

all i got to say about PacerNation.
No one scares me in the East But the Knicks. Heat and Pacer series will be good but Pacers in 6 or 7
Pacer Fan. 8-)
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#116 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Guzman_9 wrote:Image

all i got to say about PacerNation.
No one scares me in the East But the Knicks. Heat and Pacer series will be good but Pacers in 6 or 7

Knicks don't scare me at all.

The Heat and Bulls do...if Deron really steps his game up, then the Nets too, but honestly I'm not too worried about them.
PetroNet
Banned User

Post#117 » by PetroNet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:22 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:I love how much hate this Nets fan is giving the Pacers.

The Pacers have a better record than the Nets without their leading scorer all season. You keep saying your 2-0 against us so that means we are pretenders, yet we are 2-0 against Miami, what does that make them? I'm not sure why the Nets feel like they've earned the right to talk trash all of a sudden, but its cute.

Come playoff time, the Pacers would beat the Nets in 5-6. The Pacers and Bulls(with healthy Rose) are the only two teams in the East to even have a shot against Miami.

the pacers are frauds who arent beating anyone in the playoffs.... your best shot would be against us, but that doesnt say much cause we are a joke of a team ourselves
TheKiteDesigner
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#118 » by TheKiteDesigner » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Indiana
Home 23-5
Road 11-16
3pts or less 3-7
vs teams over .500 11-13

Not rain on your parade, but I've been saying it over and over. Indiana is a bad road team and they feast on teams under .500. The playoffs are a whole different ball game. They're not ready to take the next step yet.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#119 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:34 pm

PetroNet wrote:the pacers are frauds who arent beating anyone in the playoffs.... your best shot would be against us, but that doesnt say much cause we are a joke of a team ourselves

:lol:

You are a joke sir.

We should just cancel the Eastern Conference playoffs and give Miami the spot in the finals now.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#120 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:34 pm

TheKiteDesigner wrote:Indiana
Home 23-5
Road 11-16
3pts or less 3-7
vs teams over .500 11-13

Not rain on your parade, but I've been saying it over and over. Indiana is a bad road team and they feast on teams under .500. The playoffs are a whole different ball game. They're not ready to take the next step yet.

They played well in the playoffs last season and look to have home court this year so I would not worried about their road record.

Question though to Indy fans...what is up with the terrible attendance? You guys are a basketball state with a good team.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.

Return to The General Board