Bargani booed every time he enters game

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Mark K, NO-KG-AI, magnumt, Doctor MJ, tsherkin, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Yuri Vaultin

User avatar
Swift924
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,954
And1: 10
Joined: Jun 20, 2011

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#101 » by Swift924 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 am

-Jack noting that he used to deal out "Street Justice" when he worked as a security guard at Shea Stadium.

-Jack and Leo begging the fans to ease up on the Andrea Bargnani booing.

Jack: "He's (Bargnani's) a sensitive guy...you gotta help this kid a bit...sometimes you gotta give a guy a hug!"
User avatar
Major Tom
Analyst
Posts: 3,055
And1: 123
Joined: Dec 27, 2002

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#102 » by Major Tom » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Swift924 wrote:-Jack noting that he used to deal out "Street Justice" when he worked as a security guard at Shea Stadium.

-Jack and Leo begging the fans to ease up on the Andrea Bargnani booing.

Jack: "He's (Bargnani's) a sensitive guy...you gotta help this kid a bit...sometimes you gotta give a guy a hug!"


Lol seriously? A hug? It's worse than i thought. Little fairy boys as nba players should gtfo.
User avatar
Lockdown
General Manager
Posts: 7,932
And1: 182
Joined: Dec 17, 2004
Location: Where it's already tomorrow
   

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#103 » by Lockdown » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:32 pm

sca wrote:Our fans are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). This is the textbook example of how the media is controlling the public. Bargnani has been exactly the same player since he broke up in January 2009. Now that they no longer need him, they've somehow decided it's OK to alienate him. Now it's cool to boo him, hate him or whatever amongst casual fans.

The thing is, he'll never become a good help defender or rebounder. Those are some fundamental aspects of basketball, you don't suddenly get better at them when you're 28. Blaming Bargnani for them is like blaming John Lucas for being undersized. Meanwhile, his man defense has been excellent this year and he's still a legitimate threat to score from up to 25 feet anytime. He's actually in a great situation in this new team structure. He can come off the bench when Gay, DeRozan and Lowry are resting & have some plays run for him without having the burden of being the number one option. Here's the thing: even our second unit is running no plays for him right now. He just stands behind the three point line while Lucas and Anderson chuck shot after shot. He needs to get the ball in the post, but that's another story. That's on the coach right now.

I by no means am a Bargnani apologist but suddenly turning on him just because we don't depend on him anymore is just plain stupid.


Are you for real? In a world with huge unemployment, economies collapsing and people being forced to work longer and longer hours, this man is getting paid $10 million - TEN MILLION DOLLARS to try at his job for 20 minutes three times a week, and he's not doing that. He scored 0 last night. 0 boards. He scored 0 against Memphis in 22 minutes. ZERO. But he was slow enough to pick up 4 fouls. Any guy on a 10 day does better than that. He has not earned anybody's sympathy.

He has never played hard, he was handed the keys to an NBA team and never put in any effort to improve his game, even though he was a net negative in the court. If he's the same deeply flawed player he always was then damn right people should boo him. Except he's not even that, he's literally playing like the worst player in the NBA right now.

If he's any kind of a man, he'll put in the effort to shut the haters up by sinking shots, not sulk and give up. That's all anybody still wants from him at this point. Because Raptor tickets aren't cheap, it's going to cost you $100+ just to sit mid level at the end of the night after parking etc. It's like going to a play and then one of the actors just stands there and doesn't deliver his lines. You're being cheated out of what you paid for.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,519
And1: 160
Joined: Feb 09, 2013

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#104 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Lockdown wrote:
sca wrote:Our fans are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). This is the textbook example of how the media is controlling the public. Bargnani has been exactly the same player since he broke up in January 2009. Now that they no longer need him, they've somehow decided it's OK to alienate him. Now it's cool to boo him, hate him or whatever amongst casual fans.

The thing is, he'll never become a good help defender or rebounder. Those are some fundamental aspects of basketball, you don't suddenly get better at them when you're 28. Blaming Bargnani for them is like blaming John Lucas for being undersized. Meanwhile, his man defense has been excellent this year and he's still a legitimate threat to score from up to 25 feet anytime. He's actually in a great situation in this new team structure. He can come off the bench when Gay, DeRozan and Lowry are resting & have some plays run for him without having the burden of being the number one option. Here's the thing: even our second unit is running no plays for him right now. He just stands behind the three point line while Lucas and Anderson chuck shot after shot. He needs to get the ball in the post, but that's another story. That's on the coach right now.

I by no means am a Bargnani apologist but suddenly turning on him just because we don't depend on him anymore is just plain stupid.


Are you for real? In a world with huge unemployment, economies collapsing and people being forced to work longer and longer hours, this man is getting paid $10 million - TEN MILLION DOLLARS to try at his job for 20 minutes three times a week, and he's not doing that. He scored 0 last night. 0 boards. He scored 0 against Memphis in 22 minutes. ZERO. But he was slow enough to pick up 4 fouls. Any guy on a 10 day does better than that. He has not earned anybody's sympathy.

He has never played hard, he was handed the keys to an NBA team and never put in any effort to improve his game, even though he was a net negative in the court. If he's the same deeply flawed player he always was then damn right people should boo him. Except he's not even that, he's literally playing like the worst player in the NBA right now.

If he's any kind of a man, he'll put in the effort to shut the haters up by sinking shots, not sulk and give up. That's all anybody still wants from him at this point. Because Raptor tickets aren't cheap, it's going to cost you $100+ just to sit mid level at the end of the night after parking etc. It's like going to a play and then one of the actors just stands there and doesn't deliver his lines. You're being cheated out of what you paid for.


he was boo'd the second he returned back in game shape from injury. He wasnt boo'd at the start of the year when he was out of shape and laying up bricks all night shooting us out of games. Can you explain that logic?
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.
User avatar
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 24,932
And1: 1,370
Joined: Jan 27, 2003
Location: Studio B
Contact:

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#105 » by Jakay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:39 pm

Yeah, Toronto fans are pretty terrible.

Totally don't get the whole "don't hate the player hate the game" thing yet either.
User avatar
Roger Murdock
General Manager
Posts: 9,500
And1: 148
Joined: Aug 12, 2008

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#106 » by Roger Murdock » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 pm

DatBoiCapspace wrote:
Lockdown wrote:
sca wrote:Our fans are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). This is the textbook example of how the media is controlling the public. Bargnani has been exactly the same player since he broke up in January 2009. Now that they no longer need him, they've somehow decided it's OK to alienate him. Now it's cool to boo him, hate him or whatever amongst casual fans.

The thing is, he'll never become a good help defender or rebounder. Those are some fundamental aspects of basketball, you don't suddenly get better at them when you're 28. Blaming Bargnani for them is like blaming John Lucas for being undersized. Meanwhile, his man defense has been excellent this year and he's still a legitimate threat to score from up to 25 feet anytime. He's actually in a great situation in this new team structure. He can come off the bench when Gay, DeRozan and Lowry are resting & have some plays run for him without having the burden of being the number one option. Here's the thing: even our second unit is running no plays for him right now. He just stands behind the three point line while Lucas and Anderson chuck shot after shot. He needs to get the ball in the post, but that's another story. That's on the coach right now.

I by no means am a Bargnani apologist but suddenly turning on him just because we don't depend on him anymore is just plain stupid.


Are you for real? In a world with huge unemployment, economies collapsing and people being forced to work longer and longer hours, this man is getting paid $10 million - TEN MILLION DOLLARS to try at his job for 20 minutes three times a week, and he's not doing that. He scored 0 last night. 0 boards. He scored 0 against Memphis in 22 minutes. ZERO. But he was slow enough to pick up 4 fouls. Any guy on a 10 day does better than that. He has not earned anybody's sympathy.

He has never played hard, he was handed the keys to an NBA team and never put in any effort to improve his game, even though he was a net negative in the court. If he's the same deeply flawed player he always was then damn right people should boo him. Except he's not even that, he's literally playing like the worst player in the NBA right now.

If he's any kind of a man, he'll put in the effort to shut the haters up by sinking shots, not sulk and give up. That's all anybody still wants from him at this point. Because Raptor tickets aren't cheap, it's going to cost you $100+ just to sit mid level at the end of the night after parking etc. It's like going to a play and then one of the actors just stands there and doesn't deliver his lines. You're being cheated out of what you paid for.


he was boo'd the second he returned back in game shape from injury. He wasnt boo'd at the start of the year when he was out of shape and laying up bricks all night shooting us out of games. Can you explain that logic?


He should have been getting boo'd all year long and last year too.
Image
User avatar
Roger Murdock
General Manager
Posts: 9,500
And1: 148
Joined: Aug 12, 2008

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#107 » by Roger Murdock » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Props to Bargs for laying a 12 trillion stat line last night
Image
Baester
Rookie
Posts: 1,212
And1: 57
Joined: Dec 20, 2011

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#108 » by Baester » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 pm

sca wrote:
RTran85 wrote:
bigbadstevenson wrote:
If you have to explain to people who Jack Armstrong is, you can bet that they don't know what he said tonight. What did he say? I tend to tune him out. All I heard from him tonight was that he used to gang-beat fans who ran onto the field when he was a security guard some place. But it was in the 80s so it was fine.


Jack Armstrong is an idiot too. I can't stand his commentating. Basically he's telling the fans of Toronto to stop booing which is killing his confidence as you can see in his body language. The booing will continue as long as Bargnani is on this team.

There's no rational argument behind booing. What the hell do you gain by booing your own player? This is stupid.

Not booing didnt work for him. Why not try booing?
Baester
Rookie
Posts: 1,212
And1: 57
Joined: Dec 20, 2011

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#109 » by Baester » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:40 pm

EzeDoesIt wrote:
King d wrote:Pathetic , childish and classless behavior by raptors fans


Exactly; booing the savior of your franchise just because he's in a shooting slump? Disgraceful.

You two need to watch the games before yapping. It has nothing to do with his shooting slump - he's been in them before and it did not result in boos. he plays with NO effort. He doesnt try to defend, doesnt try to rebound, doesnt block his man out, doesnt rotate - he simply plays with no heart. All he has to do is try, that's all. He's been supported for 6 years now. He has shown he couldnt handle the lead role so his role was lessened and he just plays worse. Now he's asked to come off the bench and plays worse and gives no effort. Like the vast majority of other players, if you're shot is not falling at least contribute by hustling - there are times bending down for a loose ball is too much for him. What else is Toronto to do but show that they won't accept his crap anymore?
User avatar
TONY_YAYO
Senior
Posts: 648
And1: 189
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
   

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#110 » by TONY_YAYO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Bargani should be booed high contract is not getting positive results
“I didn’t come for the massage, Funk; I came for the facial.”-Stacey King
User avatar
Neutral 123
General Manager
Posts: 8,531
And1: 722
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
Location: Pandora

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#111 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:46 pm

To them, it's like everyone wants the money they are never going to make. amluvinit2 on the tea party..
User avatar
EzeDoesIt
Junior
Posts: 462
And1: 7
Joined: Jun 01, 2012

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#112 » by EzeDoesIt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Baester wrote:
EzeDoesIt wrote:
King d wrote:Pathetic , childish and classless behavior by raptors fans


Exactly; booing the savior of your franchise just because he's in a shooting slump? Disgraceful.

You two need to watch the games before yapping. It has nothing to do with his shooting slump - he's been in them before and it did not result in boos. he plays with NO effort. He doesnt try to defend, doesnt try to rebound, doesnt block his man out, doesnt rotate - he simply plays with no heart. All he has to do is try, that's all. He's been supported for 6 years now. He has shown he couldnt handle the lead role so his role was lessened and he just plays worse. Now he's asked to come off the bench and plays worse and gives no effort. Like the vast majority of other players, if you're shot is not falling at least contribute by hustling - there are times bending down for a loose ball is too much for him. What else is Toronto to do but show that they won't accept his crap anymore?


;)
User avatar
DWiz
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,472
And1: 695
Joined: Feb 15, 2013

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#113 » by DWiz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Makes Eddy Curry and Blatche look like Duncan. Guy can't do anything like a big man.
User avatar
Duffman100
RealGM
Posts: 11,271
And1: 3,205
Joined: Jun 27, 2002
   

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#114 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 pm

The key is that isn't going to stop. Whether it's right or wrong, the train has started.

It's up to Bargnani to play better or the organization to bench him.
RoLo
Suspended
Posts: 132
And1: 88
Joined: Jan 30, 2011

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#115 » by RoLo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:09 pm

CoachPop wrote: :lol: In the real world being ignorant of the Rap is a sign of intelligence.

Just stop. You got owned. Talk about salty
User avatar
sca
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,178
And1: 2,771
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Turkey
   

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#116 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Baester wrote:
sca wrote:
RTran85 wrote:
Jack Armstrong is an idiot too. I can't stand his commentating. Basically he's telling the fans of Toronto to stop booing which is killing his confidence as you can see in his body language. The booing will continue as long as Bargnani is on this team.

There's no rational argument behind booing. What the hell do you gain by booing your own player? This is stupid.

Not booing didnt work for him. Why not try booing?

Didn't work for what exactly? He's no longer expected to be the first or even the second option like in the past. Bargnani is OK for a third option and is a luxury to have as a fourth option if you count Lowry as the third one. A team that has Bargnani as a first option is doomed to lottery, but as a fourth option (first option off the bench), he can certainly be valuable.
User avatar
Woodsanity
General Manager
Posts: 7,568
And1: 1,120
Joined: Mar 30, 2012
 

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#117 » by Woodsanity » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:31 pm

He should just get amnestied he is a waste of space.
twix2500 wrote:If Lebron went to NY and Melo to Miami, Melo would have a trophy and Lebron would not.

Tiesto_Lakers wrote:The more I watch basketball, the more I realize that Kobe, in his absolute prime (2006-2008), was a top 2 player of all-time, only second to Jordan.
User avatar
Tacoma
Veteran
Posts: 2,987
And1: 928
Joined: Dec 08, 2004

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#118 » by Tacoma » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 pm

DatBoiCapspace wrote:
Lockdown wrote:Are you for real? In a world with huge unemployment, economies collapsing and people being forced to work longer and longer hours, this man is getting paid $10 million - TEN MILLION DOLLARS to try at his job for 20 minutes three times a week, and he's not doing that. He scored 0 last night. 0 boards. He scored 0 against Memphis in 22 minutes. ZERO. But he was slow enough to pick up 4 fouls. Any guy on a 10 day does better than that. He has not earned anybody's sympathy.

He has never played hard, he was handed the keys to an NBA team and never put in any effort to improve his game, even though he was a net negative in the court. If he's the same deeply flawed player he always was then damn right people should boo him. Except he's not even that, he's literally playing like the worst player in the NBA right now.

If he's any kind of a man, he'll put in the effort to shut the haters up by sinking shots, not sulk and give up. That's all anybody still wants from him at this point. Because Raptor tickets aren't cheap, it's going to cost you $100+ just to sit mid level at the end of the night after parking etc. It's like going to a play and then one of the actors just stands there and doesn't deliver his lines. You're being cheated out of what you paid for.


he was boo'd the second he returned back in game shape from injury. He wasnt boo'd at the start of the year when he was out of shape and laying up bricks all night shooting us out of games. Can you explain that logic?

Bravo to Lockdown!!! Agree with Lockdown 100%. I don't necessrily agree with the booing but I fully understand the frustration of those who put their money where their mouths are by paying big $$$ to attend he games. I think the logic is found when you see Gay lead this team and everyone giving effort and then you see Bargnani out there loafing around like before and then it's like the fans are collectively saying, enough is enough, sit his arse down until he plays like he cares. Gay has shown what talented players giving 100% is about and Bargnani playing at 60% is no longer going to be tolerated, hence the booing. It's fully understandable.

I said this on the Raptors board: Bargnani has it within himself to stop the booing. All he has to do is to give 100% on the court like fight to grab rebounds he has no business getting, taking it to the basket for a slam dunk instead of the outside jump shot, or take a charge or dive for the ball, etc.

In the 7 years I've seen him play, I've recalled only one time of him diving to the ground for a loose ball. If a ball is more than a few feet from his hands, he'll just let it go while others jump to fight for it. It would appear after seeing Gay lead this team to so many wins, that <100% effort is no longer being tolerated. Good for the fans. Good for the Raptors.
User avatar
bearadonisdna
General Manager
Posts: 8,312
And1: 894
Joined: Jul 07, 2012

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#119 » by bearadonisdna » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:52 pm

The raps could have gotten Boozer and nate robinson for Bargnani and JL3.
I have nothing against the raps, but they didn't want to move Bargs or improve the team.
CoachKobe
Rookie
Posts: 1,160
And1: 312
Joined: Jul 04, 2012

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#120 » by CoachKobe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:24 pm

his contract is horrible. nobody wants him and there's no way he's gonna live up to his contract.
what they're gonna do with him? just waive him?
the booing itself is just a side note,
the team/cap/franchise situation sucks.
Image

Return to The General Board