Bargani booed every time he enters game

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#41 » by Death Knight » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 am

sca wrote:
RTran85 wrote:
bigbadstevenson wrote:
If you have to explain to people who Jack Armstrong is, you can bet that they don't know what he said tonight. What did he say? I tend to tune him out. All I heard from him tonight was that he used to gang-beat fans who ran onto the field when he was a security guard some place. But it was in the 80s so it was fine.

Jack Armstrong is an idiot too. I can't stand his commentating. Basically he's telling the fans of Toronto to stop booing which is killing his confidence as you can see in his body language. The booing will continue as long as Bargnani is on this team.

There's no rational argument behind booing. What the hell do you gain by booing your own player? This is stupid.

What do you want us to do instead? Cheer and pamper him some more? What did that do for 6+ years?
Rallyks
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#42 » by Rallyks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:21 am

Swift924 wrote:That is a little absurd. You have the right as a fan to criticize a player on your team or boo. You pay good money to see these athletes you have every right to boo.

Of course they have the right to boo. It's just pretty damn pathetic.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#43 » by jwise44 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:22 am

Toronto fans are far and away my favorite and while it is sort of funny because its bargniani, I feel for bargs

ya the guy maybe could work harder to improve, but it isnt his fault he wasnt traded. booing him everytime he comes in the game? That would be so hard to play through for anyone. No way that will help him play better and it has to kill his confidence.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#44 » by Sn0wman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:23 am

Rallyks wrote:
Swift924 wrote:That is a little absurd. You have the right as a fan to criticize a player on your team or boo. You pay good money to see these athletes you have every right to boo.

Of course they have the right to boo. It's just pretty damn pathetic.

damn pathetic on Bargs part, stop playing like s*** and people won't boo, Godnani must be awaken
Kariya
Rookie
And1: 13

Post#45 » by Kariya » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:23 am

Death Knight wrote:
What do you want us to do instead?

How about not booing?
Before I walked through life, now I frolic.
Swift924
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#46 » by Swift924 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:23 am

I have to find the video tonight cause it seem liked a pack house and BOO was so loud lollll
Primal
Banned User
And1: 1,082

Post#47 » by Primal » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:39 am

The moment he shows any effort the Raps fans will cheer their hearts out for him
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#48 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:41 am

Primal wrote:The moment he shows any effort the Raps fans will cheer their hearts out for him

The majority will. But some will never stop booing until BC is gone, Casey is Gone, Kleiza is gone, Fields is gone, Bargsy is gone, Gay is traded, DD waived and we tank our way back into the bottom basement of the east because everyone knows thats how you build a good team in this league.. :roll:
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#49 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:45 am

Death Knight wrote:
sca wrote:
RTran85 wrote:
Jack Armstrong is an idiot too. I can't stand his commentating. Basically he's telling the fans of Toronto to stop booing which is killing his confidence as you can see in his body language. The booing will continue as long as Bargnani is on this team.

There's no rational argument behind booing. What the hell do you gain by booing your own player? This is stupid.

What do you want us to do instead? Cheer and pamper him some more? What did that do for 6+ years?

What did that do for 6+ years?

You've got to stop living in the past. We don't need him to carry us anymore. He's servicable as a first big man off the bench. Yeah, he didn't improve for a variety of reasons. But he still was one of the best players -if not the best- on that perennial lottery team we had after Bosh left. Booing him at this stage of his career is absolutely pointless.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#50 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:47 am

Primal wrote:The moment he shows any effort the Raps fans will cheer their hearts out for him

Facial expressions equal to effort in our fans' eyes. Here I am, showing some effort: :roll:
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,396

Post#51 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:22 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:
CoachPop wrote:
22haytham22 wrote:Since his return from injury...after the fans realizing we are so much better with out him

Define "so much better." :-?

ahh raps :lol:

4-19 pre-injury, 19-14 afterwards.

Look at the scheduling.

Our decent run post Bargs/Lowry injury, majority of the teams were lottery teams, tired teams or poor road teams. Once they started playing the better teams, they were back to losing even without Bargs. We also had much more rest and more practice time.

Look at he our scheduling at the beginning of the year, 2 west coast trip, mostly on the road and against rested teams. The team had very little rest and practice time.

We are playing the best ball of the season right now, and Bargs hasnt been the detriment most fans think he's been.
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#52 » by branny » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:31 am

Will he ever be traded..
rikku63
Junior
And1: 7

Post#53 » by rikku63 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:31 am

Bargnani is a barnacle on the raptors team, the idiot gm tried to make it sound like hes the second coming of vince carter a while back before they finally realized after numerous mess ups by Bargnani, he is a scrub. Before the injury the coaching team made Bargnani took pretty much every late game clutch shot and he virtually missed ALL of them.
barraps
Ballboy

Post#54 » by barraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:52 am

I was at the Raps/Grizz game on Wednesday, And goddamn right I booed him. I've wanted him gone ever since the first season Bosh left and I actually believed that he could improve/work on his game enough to do a competent job as a stand in first option. I've watched probably at least 40% of raps games since then and the frustration of his crappy defense, barely any player growth since probably year 3, and overall lack of effort/heart finally came out.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#55 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:54 am

barraps wrote:I was at the Raps/Grizz game on Wednesday, And goddamn right I booed him. I've wanted him gone ever since the first season Bosh left and I actually believed that he could improve/work on his game enough to do a competent job as a stand in first option. I've watched probably at least 40% of raps games since then and the frustration of his crappy defense, barely any player growth since probably year 3, and overall lack of effort/heart finally came out.

Finally came out when hes a bench player with little impact on the game either way? LOL great timing. You just look like a dummy hater when you boo him now..smh..smdh.
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

Preach.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,683

Post#56 » by Nate505 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:56 am

Good for the Raptor fans.
barraps
Ballboy

Post#57 » by barraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:10 am

DatBoiCapspace wrote:
barraps wrote:I was at the Raps/Grizz game on Wednesday, And goddamn right I booed him. I've wanted him gone ever since the first season Bosh left and I actually believed that he could improve/work on his game enough to do a competent job as a stand in first option. I've watched probably at least 40% of raps games since then and the frustration of his crappy defense, barely any player growth since probably year 3, and overall lack of effort/heart finally came out.

Finally came out when hes a bench player with little impact on the game either way? LOL great timing. You just look like a dummy hater when you boo him now..smh..smdh.

You're right, I am a hater. Actually been one for years, not going to argue with you on whether you believe me or not. Real Raps fans know whats up.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:14 am

barraps wrote:
DatBoiCapspace wrote:

You're right, I am a hater. Actually been one for years, not going to argue with you on whether you believe me or not. Real Raps fans know whats up.

Real raps fans are happy the team is finally winning. Instead of grasping for straws at bench players to hate because they are butthurt that BC didnt build "OKC style" like they wanted him to. Makes no sense to boo him now, hes in shape and trying to contribute off the bench. When he was starting and losing us games was the time to boo his lack of effort, but that ship has sailed. Only reason youre seeing the booing now is because its all BC haters got left to hate on, and theyd rather see our GM fired then to actually see the Raptors win for a change.

Preach.
barraps
Ballboy

Post#59 » by barraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 am

I was all for the Rudy Gay and Lowry acquisitions. I was fed up with the losing and was all for a treadmill team. I just want to get rid of the final pieces from the euro era (B.C. and Bargnani). By booing him, its sending a message to MLSE that the fans are fed up with him, you think they pay close attention to the raps? only way to get our message across. How can you say he's not having an impact on the game? He's been averaging like 20 mpg since he's come back, and of course the defense isn't there, and now the offense isn't there either (second consecutive game he's scored 0 points).
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#60 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:32 am

barraps wrote:I was all for the Rudy Gay and Lowry acquisitions. I was fed up with the losing and was all for a treadmill team. I just want to get rid of the final pieces from the euro era (B.C. and Bargnani). By booing him, its sending a message to MLSE that the fans are fed up with him, you think they pay close attention to the raps? only way to get our message across. How can you say he's not having an impact on the game? He's been averaging like 20 mpg since he's come back, and of course the defense isn't there, and now the offense isn't there either (second consecutive game he's scored 0 points).

By booing him youre doing nothing but decreasing his trade value and make it harder for management who has been shopping him all year to finally trade him this offseason. Logic bro.

And the Raptors arent a treadmill team, a treadmill team is one that has hit their ceiling and can no longer move forward yet are not good enough to compete for a title. Hence the treadmill analogy of not moving forward while running. The Raptors are currently a 10th place team in the east, our ceilling is a lot higher then that. Just because you dont think we are a contender does not make us a treadmill team. It doesnt go 25 treadmill teams and 5 contenders, its a lot more specific then that. ATl with Joe Johnson, CHA with Jackson and Wallace, those were treadmill teams. We have a young core that hasnt even started running yet, but some fans have already started bitching.

Preach.

Return to The General Board