Bargani booed every time he enters game

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#61 » by King d » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:40 am

Pathetic , childish and classless behavior by raptors fans
EzeDoesIt
Junior
And1: 10

Post#62 » by EzeDoesIt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:41 am

King d wrote:Pathetic , childish and classless behavior by raptors fans

Exactly; booing the savior of your franchise just because he's in a shooting slump? Disgraceful.
twinthunder3
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#63 » by twinthunder3 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:43 am

I thought Gay is their savior...they're booing Bargani cause he's not Gay.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,650

Post#64 » by witnessraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:44 am

i think its embarassing and the fans need to stop.
EzeDoesIt
Junior

Post#65 » by EzeDoesIt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:46 am

twinthunder3 wrote:I thought Gay is their savior...they're booing Bargani cause he's not Gay.

Canada has taken being progressive-minded to unwelcome extremes.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#66 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:47 am

twinthunder3 wrote:I thought Gay is their savior...they're booing Bargani cause he's not Gay.

Most of the raptor fans that Boo Bargs didnt even want Gay. They want BC to be fired and for us to tank and build "OKC style" more then they want the current team to win. Its disgraceful to see as a fan, really takes the fun out of it for me. Even though the Raptors have gone 7-3 against a tough schedule since acquiring gay, they still actually want to see the Raptors lose.
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#67 » by MaxRider » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:47 am

wow and you wonder why stars don't want to play for them
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#68 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:47 am

EzeDoesIt wrote:

Isnt pot legal in wisconsin now? lol
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

Preach.
EzeDoesIt
Junior

Post#69 » by EzeDoesIt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:50 am

DatBoiCapspace wrote:
EzeDoesIt wrote:

Isnt pot legal in wisconsin now? lol

I wish...that would be a welcome moderate though. :d
rottenzombie
Lead Assistant
And1: 505

Post#70 » by rottenzombie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:53 am

DatBoiCapspace wrote:

Most of the raptor fans that Boo Bargs didnt even want Gay. They want BC to be fired and for us to tank and build "OKC style" more then they want the current team to win. Its disgraceful to see as a fan, really takes the fun out of it for me. Even though the Raptors have gone 7-3 against a tough schedule since acquiring gay, they still actually want to see the Raptors lose.

Can't blame people for getting tired of an obvious attempt to return to treadmill.

Treadmill teams eventually loses fan support, see Atlanta for example.
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
barraps
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#71 » by barraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:53 am

I'm saying that as of today we are in position to be a treadmill team. That's not even a bad thing ( those hawks teams were actually really good) I am optimistic for the future ( Val reaching potential, making the most of our limited cap space) but you got to look at it from a realistic approach as well. We are currently constructed to be nothing more than second round fodder. So hopefully being a treadmill team for the next year or so will bring respect to our team.

I wouldn't even mind if we just amnestied Bargnani. Addition by subtraction bro.

Also me booing Bargnani has nothing to do with me fully supporting the team, like I said its years of pent up anger coming out. I friggin hate looking at his smug emotionless face on the court.
barraps
Ballboy

Post#72 » by barraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:55 am

EzeDoesIt wrote:

Exactly; booing the savior of your franchise just because he's in a shooting slump? Disgraceful.

Green font?
sir G Wallace
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#73 » by sir G Wallace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:56 am

Because he plays with no heart. Big softy cant rebound for **** and is a volume shooter. If taking a lot of shots is the only thing you are good at then you better make sure you score a lot of points too. Otherwise everybody will hate your guts to begin with.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:59 am

rottenzombie wrote:
DatBoiCapspace wrote:

Can't blame people for getting tired of an obvious attempt to return to treadmill.

Treadmill teams eventually loses fan support, see Atlanta for example.

Actually those Atlanta teams would have torn the roof off the ACC fans would have loved them so much. And thats not the point, were not anywhere near a treadmill team yet. We have a young core, lots of young players with potential and flexibility in 2015 to add another piece if we need, no one knows what our ceiling is yet for them to be so sure that we have reached it. We just beat the knicks twice since getting Gay, are the Knicks also a treadmill team? Can we all please stop calling every team in the league other then OKC and MIA a "treadmill team". I swear realGM has ruined the mentality of whole generation of young fans, theyd actually rather have capspace and draft picks then a winning team.

Preach.
BIG match
Banned User
And1: 144

Post#75 » by BIG match » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:02 am

If this is unwaranted then how come no player thats played with him for more than this season has said anything in his defense.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#76 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:02 am

barraps wrote:I'm saying that as of today we are in position to be a treadmill team. That's not even a bad thing ( those hawks teams were actually really good) I am optimistic for the future ( Val reaching potential, making the most of our limited cap space) but you got to look at it from a realistic approach as well. We are currently constructed to be nothing more than second round fodder. So hopefully being a treadmill team for the next year or so will bring respect to our team.

I wouldn't even mind if we just amnestied Bargnani. Addition by subtraction bro.

Also me booing Bargnani has nothing to do with me fully supporting the team, like I said its years of pent up anger coming out. I friggin hate looking at his smug emotionless face on the court.

What you just described is not a treadmill team lol. Thats a young team with a lot of potential, not a team that has already reached their ceiling. You can speculate that we will become one, but we also have just as easy a chance of losing both Gay and Lowry next offseason and going back to the lottery with Val, Ross and DD to build around.

I want Bargnani gone as much as you, just Booing him now does nothing to accomplish that and is clearly bugging our team and hurting our homecourt advantage, so why do it? The days of Bargs screwing up our win collumn are over, save the pent up frustration for when were back to losing lol its like this fanbase would rather be losign so they can bitch, instead of enjoy watching a young exciting good team.

Preach.
EzeDoesIt
Junior

Post#77 » by EzeDoesIt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:03 am

barraps wrote:
EzeDoesIt wrote:

Green font?

No

:d
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#78 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:03 am

BIG match wrote:If this is unwaranted then how come no player thats played with him for more than this season has said anything in his defense.

The booing just started and both Casey and Lowry have spoken out about it.

Preach.
barraps
Ballboy

Post#79 » by barraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 am

Im pretty sure most hardcore fans were already sick of Bargnani and your only hearing all the boos more loudly now because the casuals have started to take notice of how much of a detriment he is

I also think you need to go find the correct definition of what a treadmill team is. For example the memphis grizzlies from last year had a relatively young core (conley, gay, mayo, gasol) with potential but not much cap space. But most saw them as a treadmill team because while they might have a shot of possibly making the conference finals, they were not serious contenders for the title and they did not have much room to grow because of how the team was constructed.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:21 am

barraps wrote:Im pretty sure most hardcore fans were already sick of Bargnani and your only hearing all the boos more loudly now because the casuals have started to take notice of how much of a detriment he is

I also think you need to go find the correct definition of what a treadmill team is. For example the memphis grizzlies from last year had a relatively young core (conley, gay, mayo, gasol) with potential but not much cap space. But most saw them as a treadmill team because while they might have a shot of possibly making the conference finals, they were not serious contenders for the title and they did not have much room to grow because of how the team was constructed.

The Grizz were absolutely not a treadmill team! They took out the Spurs a couple years back when they werent healthy and lost a close series to the Clips when they werent healthy last year. They are the perfect team to face OKC and MIA because they play inside and have tough D. They blew up a legit contender because their owner is a cheapass, they are still contenders just with a worse shot now, and even now this team will get blown up in the offseason because theyre owner is a cheapass. Like saying the Grizz are a treadmill team when they are a top 5 team and you havent even seen them healthy in the playoffs once is basically saying that every team other then SA, OKC and MIA are nothign but treadmill teams. Why even follow the league if thats the case? doing anything other then tanking for ping pong balls is not the defniniton of a treadmill team!

Preach.

Return to The General Board