Bargani booed every time he enters game

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

barraps
Ballboy
And1: 13

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#91 » by barraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:55 am

How treadmill teams are the middle of the road teams in the nba who have a very low chance at winning the championship, but at the same time don't have a good chance at improving because of limited cap space, would either have to tank but decide not to, or make a trade that kills their chances of winning the ship that year.

Jeez, have to put it in layman's terms for you. Not suprised, since your probably a Bargnani fan.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#92 » by Hero » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 am

I could be wrong but the sense I've gotten from the games I've been to lately is that along with his past performance, the fans are sick with his current lack of effort and play.

Bargnani stats for the last 5 games.

18.2 mins ,3pts, 37% FG, 14% 3 pt %, 1.4 rebounds and 0.2 assists , 1 turnover.

He constantly looks disengaged and bored out there. His defense is really laughable as well. For one game vs Indiana he was pretty solid but I have no idea where that went. If he could play with intensity and passion and show that he cares then he wouldn't be booed.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#93 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:02 am

barraps wrote:How treadmill teams are the middle of the road teams in the nba who have a very low chance at winning the championship, but at the same time don't have a good chance at improving because of limited cap space, would either have to tank but decide not to, or make a trade that kills their chances of winning the ship that year.

Jeez, have to put it in layman's terms for you. Not suprised, since your probably a Bargnani fan.

Grizz are not a middle of the road team lmao. Do you know how many teams there are? middle of the road is 12-18. Top 5 team is not middle of the road. Youre full of contradictions bud. Grizz traded away Gay for one reason only, money. Did they also trade away their first round pick to rebuild? lmao they did it cus their owner is cheap and broke up a legit contender. Jsut because they arent the damn favourtie to win it all does not make them a treadmill team for the last time.

And Ive hated bargs since year 3 lol. I tried to boo him back when he was out of shape and chucking us out of games, Now to boo him as a bench player only makes sense to people who dont know what a treadmill is and cant do basic math lol.
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#94 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:04 am

Hero wrote:I could be wrong but the sense I've gotten from the games I've been to lately is that along with his past performance, the fans are sick with his current lack of effort and play.

He constantly looks disengaged and bored out there. His defense is really laughable as well. For one game vs Indiana he was pretty solid but I have no idea where that went. If he could play with intensity and passion and show that he cares then he wouldn't be booed.

Maybe because he gets booed at home so loses motivation, while in IND he was in a tough matchup with hibbert and feeding off that? The fans booed bards the second he checked into his first game back. ITs got nothign to do with his recent play and everything to do with expressing their hate of the BC soft euro years. THeyd rather still bitch about the past then be happy in the present and thats kind of sad.
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

Preach.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,592

Post#95 » by Nate505 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 am

Hero wrote:I could be wrong but the sense I've gotten from the games I've been to lately is that along with his past performance, the fans are sick with his current lack of effort and play.

I have no idea why they're booing such awesome production from a #1 pick.
barraps
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#96 » by barraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:16 am

To me the Grizzlies had only a slightly better chance at winning a ship then those hawks teams. You think the Grizz new owners would break up the team this year if they thought they had a realistic chance at winning it all?

I'm pretty sure most would say that only 5 teams have a good chance at winning a championship every year. I would have the Grizz from last year in my top 10. When people talk about "treadmill teams" their referring to the quasi contenders, which is what you are basically saying. So again contenders, treadmill teams, lower seeded teams, and bottom feeders. Wasn't even referring to record or seeded wise when talking about "middle of the road teams", I meant teams that can't get much better and don't want to break up their teams because it would displease their fans.

It's you who has the definition wrong. Not gonna talk about this anymore.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#97 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:28 am

barraps wrote:To me the Grizzlies had only a slightly better chance at winning a ship then those hawks teams. You think the Grizz new owners would break up the team this year if they thought they had a realistic chance at winning it all?

I'm pretty sure most would say that only 5 teams have a good chance at winning a championship every year. I would have the Grizz from last year in my top 10. When people talk about "treadmill teams" their referring to the quasi contenders, which is what you are basically saying. So again contenders, treadmill teams, lower seeded teams, and bottom feeders. Wasn't even referring to record or seeded wise when talking about "middle of the road teams", I meant teams that can't get much better and don't want to break up their teams because it would displease their fans.

It's you who has the definition wrong. Not gonna talk about this anymore.

I wouldnt talk about it anymore if I were you either, clearly you no nothing about what youre saying and are just followign the sheep instead of thinking for yourself. The Grizz are not a middle of the road team lmao they are top 5 and if theyre not theyre top 6 to win it all. Theyre build for playoff basketball and Rumour has it Hollinger ran the numbers and they gave themselves a ten percent chance to win it all. The new team they build will be lucky to have a chance as good as that. They couldve just as easily ridden it out the next couple years and get some playoff victories for their young franchise but their new owner is a cheapass who openly said he didnt wanna pay the tax. Make no mistake that is the only reason they made those trades. But youre right, other then OKC and MIA everyone else in the league is a treadmill team. The mavs in 11 were treadmill team, Pistons in 04, the Suns were just a treadmill team. All treadmill teams. Keep thinking that, youre just to ig'nant to realize your mind has been corrupted by bloggers advocating capspace and draft picks that you cant even think for yourself anymore. I bet you were one of those that thought the Raps would be worse off with Gay because he hurts our "capspace" lol

Preach.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#98 » by BruceO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 am

i think it drives down the trade value of a player but i think the fans have a right to boo a bad product. express discontent to a point management has to do something about it. They can't have him even checking if the crowd is messing with his confidence. If his performance goes down..great they may not play him..if it goes up..great he's getting tougher,

The wizards, we booed andray blatche until management had to eventually get rid of him. They are not playing anymore when it comes to those type of players
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#99 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:05 am

BruceO wrote:i think it drives down the trade value of a player but i think the fans have a right to boo a bad product. express discontent to a point management has to do something about it. They can't have him even checking if the crowd is messing with his confidence. If his performance goes down..great they may not play him..if it goes up..great he's getting tougher,

The wizards, we booed andray blatche until management had to eventually get rid of him. They are not playing anymore when it comes to those type of players

The Raptors are on a play-off hunt. It's one thing to boo a player when the team's tanking, but constant boos are apparently disturbing his teammates, too.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,678

Post#100 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:50 am

The franchise has treated him with kid gloves for years, giving him all the support he has needed. What have they got for their effort? He is the same player they drafted more or less, next to zero development, or effort.

Part of the problem is BC doesn't take the floor, so they can't boo him. However, Bargs is emblematic of all that has been wrong with this franchise the last seven years, so he has become the focus of their anger.

The fans are great, it's the franchise that is the problem.
Swift924
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#101 » by Swift924 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 am

-Jack noting that he used to deal out "Street Justice" when he worked as a security guard at Shea Stadium.

-Jack and Leo begging the fans to ease up on the Andrea Bargnani booing.

Jack: "He's (Bargnani's) a sensitive guy...you gotta help this kid a bit...sometimes you gotta give a guy a hug!"
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#102 » by Durant Durant » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Swift924 wrote:-Jack noting that he used to deal out "Street Justice" when he worked as a security guard at Shea Stadium.

-Jack and Leo begging the fans to ease up on the Andrea Bargnani booing.

Jack: "He's (Bargnani's) a sensitive guy...you gotta help this kid a bit...sometimes you gotta give a guy a hug!"

Lol seriously? A hug? It's worse than i thought. Little fairy boys as nba players should gtfo.
No no yes yes
Lockdown
RealGM
And1: 1,499

Post#103 » by Lockdown » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:32 pm

sca wrote:Our fans are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). This is the textbook example of how the media is controlling the public. Bargnani has been exactly the same player since he broke up in January 2009. Now that they no longer need him, they've somehow decided it's OK to alienate him. Now it's cool to boo him, hate him or whatever amongst casual fans.

The thing is, he'll never become a good help defender or rebounder. Those are some fundamental aspects of basketball, you don't suddenly get better at them when you're 28. Blaming Bargnani for them is like blaming John Lucas for being undersized. Meanwhile, his man defense has been excellent this year and he's still a legitimate threat to score from up to 25 feet anytime. He's actually in a great situation in this new team structure. He can come off the bench when Gay, DeRozan and Lowry are resting & have some plays run for him without having the burden of being the number one option. Here's the thing: even our second unit is running no plays for him right now. He just stands behind the three point line while Lucas and Anderson chuck shot after shot. He needs to get the ball in the post, but that's another story. That's on the coach right now.

I by no means am a Bargnani apologist but suddenly turning on him just because we don't depend on him anymore is just plain stupid.

Are you for real? In a world with huge unemployment, economies collapsing and people being forced to work longer and longer hours, this man is getting paid $10 million - TEN MILLION DOLLARS to try at his job for 20 minutes three times a week, and he's not doing that. He scored 0 last night. 0 boards. He scored 0 against Memphis in 22 minutes. ZERO. But he was slow enough to pick up 4 fouls. Any guy on a 10 day does better than that. He has not earned anybody's sympathy.

He has never played hard, he was handed the keys to an NBA team and never put in any effort to improve his game, even though he was a net negative in the court. If he's the same deeply flawed player he always was then damn right people should boo him. Except he's not even that, he's literally playing like the worst player in the NBA right now.

If he's any kind of a man, he'll put in the effort to shut the haters up by sinking shots, not sulk and give up. That's all anybody still wants from him at this point. Because Raptor tickets aren't cheap, it's going to cost you $100+ just to sit mid level at the end of the night after parking etc. It's like going to a play and then one of the actors just stands there and doesn't deliver his lines. You're being cheated out of what you paid for.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#104 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Lockdown wrote:
sca wrote:Our fans are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). This is the textbook example of how the media is controlling the public. Bargnani has been exactly the same player since he broke up in January 2009. Now that they no longer need him, they've somehow decided it's OK to alienate him. Now it's cool to boo him, hate him or whatever amongst casual fans.

The thing is, he'll never become a good help defender or rebounder. Those are some fundamental aspects of basketball, you don't suddenly get better at them when you're 28. Blaming Bargnani for them is like blaming John Lucas for being undersized. Meanwhile, his man defense has been excellent this year and he's still a legitimate threat to score from up to 25 feet anytime. He's actually in a great situation in this new team structure. He can come off the bench when Gay, DeRozan and Lowry are resting & have some plays run for him without having the burden of being the number one option. Here's the thing: even our second unit is running no plays for him right now. He just stands behind the three point line while Lucas and Anderson chuck shot after shot. He needs to get the ball in the post, but that's another story. That's on the coach right now.

I by no means am a Bargnani apologist but suddenly turning on him just because we don't depend on him anymore is just plain stupid.

Are you for real? In a world with huge unemployment, economies collapsing and people being forced to work longer and longer hours, this man is getting paid $10 million - TEN MILLION DOLLARS to try at his job for 20 minutes three times a week, and he's not doing that. He scored 0 last night. 0 boards. He scored 0 against Memphis in 22 minutes. ZERO. But he was slow enough to pick up 4 fouls. Any guy on a 10 day does better than that. He has not earned anybody's sympathy.

He has never played hard, he was handed the keys to an NBA team and never put in any effort to improve his game, even though he was a net negative in the court. If he's the same deeply flawed player he always was then damn right people should boo him. Except he's not even that, he's literally playing like the worst player in the NBA right now.

If he's any kind of a man, he'll put in the effort to shut the haters up by sinking shots, not sulk and give up. That's all anybody still wants from him at this point. Because Raptor tickets aren't cheap, it's going to cost you $100+ just to sit mid level at the end of the night after parking etc. It's like going to a play and then one of the actors just stands there and doesn't deliver his lines. You're being cheated out of what you paid for.

he was boo'd the second he returned back in game shape from injury. He wasnt boo'd at the start of the year when he was out of shape and laying up bricks all night shooting us out of games. Can you explain that logic?

Preach.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#105 » by Jakay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:39 pm

Yeah, Toronto fans are pretty terrible.

Totally don't get the whole "don't hate the player hate the game" thing yet either.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,593

Post#106 » by Roger Murdock » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 pm

DatBoiCapspace wrote:
Lockdown wrote:

he was boo'd the second he returned back in game shape from injury. He wasnt boo'd at the start of the year when he was out of shape and laying up bricks all night shooting us out of games. Can you explain that logic?

He should have been getting boo'd all year long and last year too.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,593

Post#107 » by Roger Murdock » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Props to Bargs for laying a 12 trillion stat line last night
Baester
Rookie
And1: 58

Post#108 » by Baester » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 pm

sca wrote:
RTran85 wrote:
bigbadstevenson wrote:
If you have to explain to people who Jack Armstrong is, you can bet that they don't know what he said tonight. What did he say? I tend to tune him out. All I heard from him tonight was that he used to gang-beat fans who ran onto the field when he was a security guard some place. But it was in the 80s so it was fine.

Jack Armstrong is an idiot too. I can't stand his commentating. Basically he's telling the fans of Toronto to stop booing which is killing his confidence as you can see in his body language. The booing will continue as long as Bargnani is on this team.

There's no rational argument behind booing. What the hell do you gain by booing your own player? This is stupid.

Not booing didnt work for him. Why not try booing?
Baester
Rookie
And1: 58

Post#109 » by Baester » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:40 pm

EzeDoesIt wrote:
King d wrote:Pathetic , childish and classless behavior by raptors fans

Exactly; booing the savior of your franchise just because he's in a shooting slump? Disgraceful.

You two need to watch the games before yapping. It has nothing to do with his shooting slump - he's been in them before and it did not result in boos. he plays with NO effort. He doesnt try to defend, doesnt try to rebound, doesnt block his man out, doesnt rotate - he simply plays with no heart. All he has to do is try, that's all. He's been supported for 6 years now. He has shown he couldnt handle the lead role so his role was lessened and he just plays worse. Now he's asked to come off the bench and plays worse and gives no effort. Like the vast majority of other players, if you're shot is not falling at least contribute by hustling - there are times bending down for a loose ball is too much for him. What else is Toronto to do but show that they won't accept his crap anymore?
TONY_YAYO
Pro Prospect
And1: 324

Post#110 » by TONY_YAYO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Bargani should be booed high contract is not getting positive results
“I didn’t come for the massage, Funk; I came for the facial.”-Stacey King

Return to The General Board