McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Shaqtin-a-Fool on TNT

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

justinian
Bench Warmer
And1: 93

Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Shaqtin-a-Fool on 

Post#81 » by justinian » Sat Mar 9, 2013 3:27 am

"Keeping up with the Kardashian" has one of highest viewership, i hope you know it's not because the public has a glowing adoration for the family or thinks they are doing such a "job" on the show. People watch the Kardashian to see what train wrect they are.

I would venture to say that most people watch TNT Inside NBA for the follow reasons, in that order:
a) because they love NBA
b) they enjoy Chuck, Ernie, Kenny for years
c) to see how Shaq is embarassing himself

I am not going to stop watching Inside NBA because of the foolishness of Shaq, same reason I still watch "Les Miserables" despite horrific singing by Russell Crowe.

A better statistic would be how many people turn off TNT on shaqting-a-fool segment.
RayBan-Sematra
Assistant Coach
And1: 911

Post#82 » by RayBan-Sematra » Sat Mar 9, 2013 3:30 am

We get it.
You hate Shaq.

/Troll thread closed.
jjgp111292
Senior
And1: 404

Post#83 » by jjgp111292 » Sat Mar 9, 2013 3:33 am

The funny thing is that Shaq actually LIKES Javale, but he just makes too many dumbass mistakes.
And see basically them trick bitches get no dap
And see basically Redman album is no joke
And see basically I don't get caught up at my label
Cause I kill when they **** with food on my dinner table
Twitter
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#84 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Mar 9, 2013 3:36 am

RayBan-Sematra wrote:
Tasp wrote:The popular opinion is that Shaq is funny and we're all either haters or in the minority.

This is correct. :clap:
The fact that the show's rating have improved with Shaq pretty much prove that.

Liver_Pooty wrote:Shaq is such a wannabe Barkley its getting ridiculous, except Barkley is funny and doesn't even have to try hard.

Shaq has his own distinct personality.
He doesn't try to imitate Barkley.

He also has a great natural sense of humor.
While he was a "try hard" at first he no longer is most of the time.

Obviously he isn't a natural the way Barkley is though.

Scraptor wrote:And he's right, Shaq is a bully.

Yeah I am sure Shaq was trying to be mean and bully McGee with his segment rather then just provide entertainment and make people laugh. :roll:

Cant fault Mcgee for being pissed that Shaq always makes him a target. Mcgee could miss a layup and Shaq would make him a target merely based on his past miscues. I will give Shaq credit though. He is vastly improved on the TNT set. I guess hes more comfortable, but either way he always singles out Mcgee.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#85 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Mar 9, 2013 3:38 am

jjgp111292 wrote:The funny thing is that Shaq actually LIKES Javale, but he just makes too many dumbass mistakes.

You can't "like" someone and then blast and make fun of them on national television every other week.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
RayBan-Sematra
Assistant Coach
And1: 911

Post#86 » by RayBan-Sematra » Sat Mar 9, 2013 3:44 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Cant fault Mcgee for being pissed that Shaq always makes him a target. Mcgee could miss a layup and Shaq would make him a target merely based on his past miscues. I will give Shaq credit though. He is vastly improved on the TNT set. I guess hes more comfortable, but either way he always singles out Mcgee.

Yeah I guess you're right about that.

I haven't watched every Shaq'tin a fool so I can't say how many of them he put McGee in but he should probably do it less often unless McGee does something really worthy of it.

I actually thought that clip of McGee blocking the ball into his teammates face was funny... :lol:

Glad you can appreciate Shaq's improvement on the show though.
He is soooo much better then when he first started.
Manimal
Starter
And1: 1,520

Post#87 » by Manimal » Sat Mar 9, 2013 3:47 am

jjgp111292 wrote:The funny thing is that Shaq actually LIKES Javale, but he just makes too many dumbass mistakes.

To be honest, Andre Iguodala and Corey Brewer make more 'dumbass mistakes' on a regular basis than McGee does, for instance. People just go out of their way to ridicule Javale for anything and everything. That's the annoying thing. If McGee were to post up, spin baseline, and dunk on someone...but step out of bounds in process, he'd be clowned on. But something like that happens constantly in games all the time. Or if he gets called for a questionable goaltend..."Javale being Javale." But no, not really. The stuff he ends up on Shaqtin a fool for is stuff that players do all the time. But he's Javale McGee, so apparently it's something special.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,700

Re: JaVale McGee: Shaq a bully & don't care for "Shaqtin a F 

Post#88 » by HotRocks34 » Sat Mar 9, 2013 3:55 am

OKCThunderUp35 wrote:
I love shaq

I love him as well. He's my favorite guy on the show, even more so than Charles now. Just wait until Shaq gets more comfortable, he'll be even better.

I only wish that C-Webb was a guard when he played so they could get rid of Kenny and Kenny's daughter's music videos. If it was Shaq, Charles, and C-Webb, I would never miss the show. Right now, I can only take so much because Kenny annoys the heck out of me.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Inc
Senior
And1: 58

Post#89 » by Inc » Sat Mar 9, 2013 4:03 am

If you think making faces at the camera is funny, then yes, Shaq is your guy. He'll be good on Nickelodeon, where 5 year olds laugh at those kind of stuff
r3demption
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#90 » by r3demption » Sat Mar 9, 2013 5:30 pm

RayBan-Sematra wrote:Eh, McGee needs to grow a pair and not be so sensitive.
Shaqtin a fool is hilarious and if he doesn't want to be defined by it he'll simply play good.

Shaq is awesome and the show has been great the whole year.
He is relaxed now and has great chemistry with the other guys and his natural sense of humor has come back out instead of awkward forced jokes.

Webber is too insecure to be on the show.
You can tell he is so self aware that he is on camera and he feels like he has to "perform" it just isn't natural or pleasant to watch.
Not saying he is awful but when the spotlight is on him for extended time he just doesn't act naturally.

Shaq has a great personality and he is getting better episode by episode.
He is rarely forcing jokes now or making things awkward.

Most of the people who don't like Shaq on TnT just don't like Shaq.
Y'all know its true.

Clearly you meant Shaq is too insecure

abark wrote:I love a good Javale McGee joke as much as the next guy. But he shouldn't take it from someone that can't take a joke them self. I've never seen anyone make a joke about Shaq on that show without him challenging them to a fight. Its not the same as Barkley dishing it out, cause he can actually take it.

The free throw thing charles always throws in his face. He always says he never air balled one clearly false.

I think there was a week where mcgee was on the show and kenny clearly said even good plays he is on here?
justinian
Bench Warmer
And1: 93

Post#91 » by justinian » Sat Mar 9, 2013 10:44 pm

McGee will keep growing and can shut Shaq's mouth by becoming an allstar
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#92 » by Jase » Sat Mar 9, 2013 10:59 pm

justinian wrote:McGee will keep growing and can shut Shaq's mouth by becoming an allstar

Kobe was a superstar and Shaq still ran his mouth about him. Shaq doesn't care, he relies more on his gut and overblown vendettas than common sense.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Scraptor
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Post#93 » by Scraptor » Sat Mar 9, 2013 11:12 pm

RayBan-Sematra wrote:
Scraptor wrote:And he's right, Shaq is a bully.

Yeah I am sure Shaq was trying to be mean and bully McGee with his segment rather then just provide entertainment and make people laugh. :roll:

There's a difference between good-natured teasing--which is what most of the TNT crew does and has been doing for the longest time--and Shaq's brand of I'm-better-than-you BS.

It amazes me that giants like Shaq and Dwight turn out so insecure that they have to belittle others in order to prop themselves up. Someday Dwight's going to spend all his press time badmouthing Andre Drummond.

Return to The General Board