Knicks may oust Heat this year...think back to 2011 Dallas.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Re: Buying Low,: Knicks will win the NBA this year 

Post#41 » by Rockice_24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:34 pm

I agree with op in one regard that the Knicks matchup well with the heat. Won't mater much since all the other teams like indy, chi, bk, bos and now even Toronto all much up well with them. If they make the ecf it'll be a good series but I have my doubts they even make it that far therefore making the fact that they match up well with the heat irrelevant.
shokase
Banned User
And1: 521

Post#42 » by shokase » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:47 pm

facepalm worthy thread.

the knicks will be lucky to get a top4 seed. I think the bulls and nets will passs them in the standings and the knicks will lose to miami in the 2nd round in a 5 or 6 game series. I don't even feeel comfortable saying they will advance to the second round.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#43 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,184

Post#44 » by tsherkin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:28 pm

This is an interesting one because I. Any given series, Ndw York could heoretically heat up from downtown... But relying on the three is so very inconsistent and unreliable. JR Smith has been terrible for a while now and they have no real punch besides Melo, who has cooled off considerably the last two months as his unsustainable 3ptnshooting came down with the rest of the Knicks... Just like I and many others predicted.

They are a good team but they don't have the starter star power to get it done... Unless Melo goes HAM like Dirk did in 2011, and Melo has never been a great playoff performer.

We'll see, but I strongly doubt they win it this year.
WeLikeOurGuys
General Manager
And1: 7,188

Post#45 » by WeLikeOurGuys » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:49 pm

You have to make it a tough game and grind it out for all 7 games. You are not going to beat the heat if you get in a scoring contest with them. Slow down the game and grind it out.

Boston grinding it out took them to 7, the mavs played them very tough yea they shot some 3s but they played tough every game, Same with Indy started out great playing tough but then got to cute with it.
jjscap
Bench Warmer
And1: 323

Post#46 » by jjscap » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Before Amare returned Knicks were playing very well. Then people thought "Could they??' But now, no. They will get swept.
Nutella
Sixth Man
And1: 139

Post#47 » by Nutella » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Shawn Marion beasted on that playoff run, don't forget him. Some key defensive plays and on offense.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#48 » by PetroNet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Nutella wrote:Shawn Marion beasted on that playoff run, don't forget him. Some key defensive plays and on offense.

Shumpert = GOAT defender and >>>>>>>>>>> Marion.
prs
Sixth Man
And1: 75

Post#49 » by prs » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Would have to go back to how they were playing at the start of the season. Since then they've put a lot less effort in on defense and have reverted to Woodson ATL iso offense.

Won't get any where in the playoffs playing iso ball and 1 qtr of defense.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,321

Post#50 » by Scalabrine » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm

coldfish wrote:On Sunday December 16th, NY was 18-5. They were shooting some ungodly number from 3p range. Like 41% and had the number 1 offense in the NBA.

Since that time they are 14-15 and are shooting more like 35%. Either they cooled off or teams figured them out. They haven't even played the tough part of their schedule. March and April look brutal with 18 of their remaining 30 games against current playoff teams.

NY is staring the 5 seed right in the face. They are going to have to beat something like Brooklyn / Chicago, Miami, Indiana and OKC to win the NBA.

I don't think they will.

They were without Felton for 18 of those games who is a huge part of how the offense runs. Without him they have noone that gets into the lane.

The offense has regressed from the start of the season, theirs no denying that. The ball is getting sticky too often and its been a lot of iso ball recently.

Its all about health. If they go in there healthy they can beat any team.
Go Knicks!
RolloTommasi
Bench Warmer
And1: 194

Post#51 » by RolloTommasi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:05 pm

RogerJ wrote:Knicks are the perfect fit for Miami and are just build as the 2011 champions Dallas mavericks, just exactly the same

MElo a 4 that can strecth the floor, with great scoring ability in the post too and slighty defensive problems , but covered for Chandler

Kidd= Kidd
Shumpert=Deshawn Stevenson, great defender , can hit the open 3.
JR Smith = Terry Obviosuly JR Smith is better , but you know , same role, 6th man that can create, hit three, get hot really fast
Novak=Peja Stojakovic The sharpshooter, if its open its going in.
Chandler =Chandler

And the Mavericks even had a worst supporting cast (didn't have guys like Sheed, Martin, Thomas) and their other guard of the rotation is Felton and Barea, which is obiously and advantage for the Knicks

Knicks will win the East with ease.

JoeSchmo24
Senior
And1: 580

Post#52 » by JoeSchmo24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Personally I think the Knicks are too buddy-buddy with the Heat because Carmelo is such good friends with Lebron. That Mavericks team was talking a lot of crap to the the Heat that whole series.
GoodSir
Bench Warmer
And1: 70

Post#53 » by GoodSir » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:35 pm

RogerJ wrote:Knicks are the perfect fit for Miami and are just build as the 2011 champions Dallas mavericks, just exactly the same

MElo a 4 that can strecth the floor, with great scoring ability in the post too and slighty defensive problems , but covered for Chandler

Kidd= Kidd
Shumpert=Deshawn Stevenson, great defender , can hit the open 3.
JR Smith = Terry Obviosuly JR Smith is better , but you know , same role, 6th man that can create, hit three, get hot really fast
Novak=Peja Stojakovic The sharpshooter, if its open its going in.
Chandler =Chandler

And the Mavericks even had a worst supporting cast (didn't have guys like Sheed, Martin, Thomas) and their other guard of the rotation is Felton and Barea, which is obiously and advantage for the Knicks

Knicks will win the East with ease.

*checks date*

I'm sorry, are we talking about the 18-5, 3pt crazy, incredibly hot, stiffling defense, hitting on all cylinders, out of this word Knicks? Or are we just talking bout the good ole Knicks? :lol: Please...
GoodSir
Bench Warmer

Post#54 » by GoodSir » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:36 pm

JoeSchmo24 wrote:Personally I think the Knicks are too buddy-buddy with the Heat because Carmelo is such good friends with Lebron. That Mavericks team was talking a lot of crap to the the Heat that whole series.

Clearly you've been listening to too much Skip Bayless.
GoodSir
Bench Warmer

Post#55 » by GoodSir » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm

PetroNet wrote:
Nutella wrote:Shawn Marion beasted on that playoff run, don't forget him. Some key defensive plays and on offense.

Shumpert = GOAT defender and >>>>>>>>>>> Marion.
GoodSir
Bench Warmer

Post#56 » by GoodSir » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Fact is, they may very well not even get to play the Knicks. 2nd round at best and they're out.
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#57 » by Green Backpack » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:46 pm

I know most Knicks fans actually aren't expecting much from this team after their recent play, so I will keep believing them instead of this OP.
TheChosen618
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#58 » by TheChosen618 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:12 pm

I wouldn't even be surprised if the Knicks don't even get out of the 1st round.

There is nothing special about this Knicks team. I pretty much saw knew from the beginning when the Knicks were the #1 team in the East that they were just all in a hot streak and they will eventually come back down to earth.

Mike Woodson's teams have always gone off to a hot start even in his Atlanta days, but they eventually come back down to earth and get completely humliated in the post-season.

Mike Woodson is just not a good coach at all.
"Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion." - Michael Jordan
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,712

Post#59 » by ccvle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:32 pm

Knicks' so called depth is overrated. It consists of camby, wallace, thomas. You cant even get a combined 10mins from the three of them. And don't even mention James white to me.
bigbreakfast
Sixth Man
And1: 628

Post#60 » by bigbreakfast » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Alize wrote:2 reasons the dallas mavs won it in 2011, lebron was not attacking the basket at all in the last games and dirks GOAT performence, if bron played like the first 3 rounds , miami would have won the series

yea. Lebron just decided to hold back during the finals and take it easy right? :lol: OR, just maybe that dallas had a great defensive scheme and kept him out of the paint and forced him to pass it. but nah, that's not possible, clearly lebron just didn't care about winning. :roll:

Return to The General Board