Knicks may oust Heat this year...think back to 2011 Dallas.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

RogerJ
Sophomore
And1: 88

Buying Low,: Knicks will win the NBA this year 

Post#1 » by RogerJ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Knicks are the perfect fit for Miami and are just build as the 2011 champions Dallas mavericks, just exactly the same

MElo a 4 that can strecth the floor, with great scoring ability in the post too and slighty defensive problems , but covered for Chandler

Kidd= Kidd
Shumpert=Deshawn Stevenson, great defender , can hit the open 3.
JR Smith = Terry Obviosuly JR Smith is better , but you know , same role, 6th man that can create, hit three, get hot really fast
Novak=Peja Stojakovic The sharpshooter, if its open its going in.
Chandler =Chandler

And the Mavericks even had a worst supporting cast (didn't have guys like Sheed, Martin, Thomas) and their other guard of the rotation is Felton and Barea, which is obiously and advantage for the Knicks

Knicks will win the East with ease.
When I saw the headline “Boozer named to Olympic Hoops Team,” I thought Vin Baker was headed to Athens.
Manimal
Starter
And1: 1,476

Re: Buying Low,: Knicks will win the NBA this year 

Post#2 » by Manimal » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 pm

They remind me of an older version of the 06-09 first round exit Nuggets teams. Only older.

But that's probably just because that's essentially what they actually are.
aussiebulls1
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#3 » by aussiebulls1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 pm

I would argue a competitive post, but all i can i say is sorry you are in dream land with this comparison.
yowyOw wrote:If you asked me of the two, who would I take in my team first; I'd say Westbrook.

- when comparing westbrook to durant.... 0.o, not sure if serious.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#4 » by B-Ball Freak » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 pm

You forgot two big differences....Dirk and coaching.
Cleveland Cavs
Senior
And1: 118

Post#5 » by Cleveland Cavs » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:58 pm

RogerJ wrote:Knicks are the perfect fit for Miami and are just build as the 2011 champions Dallas mavericks, just exactly the same

MElo a 4 that can strecth the floor, with great scoring ability in the post too and slighty defensive problems , but covered for Chandler

Kidd= Kidd
JR Smith = Terry Obviosuly JR Smith is better , but you know , same role, 6th man that can create, hit three, get hot really fast
Chandler =Chandler

And the Mavericks even had a worst supporting cast (didn't have guys like Sheed, Martin, Thomas) and their other guard of the rotation is Felton and Barea, which is obiously and advantage for the Knicks

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#6 » by PetroNet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 pm

knicks would need to get out of the first round first.... which hasnt happened since bill clinton was president. although, at this pace, the knicks could i guess fall to the 8 seed and get miami in round one. the heat better hope that doesnt happen!!!
nyk4life12
Pro Prospect
And1: 208

Post#7 » by nyk4life12 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:07 pm

mavericks with MUCH better coaching
NY KNICKS
CHELSEA FC
Jazza2319
Bench Warmer
And1: 128

Post#8 » by Jazza2319 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:11 pm

The Knicks would have to be clicking on all cylinders to get past the Heat. That means Melo getting an efficient 30, Amare and Chandler dominating the boards and Smith/Kidd/Felton/Novak hot from 3. Not sure they can do that 4 times in a series

i also think getting rid of Ronnie Brewer hurts, he could guard Lebron for 20 minutes or so for Melo
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#9 » by Muggsy Bogues » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:13 pm

I could see them getting out of the East, since they seem to match up extremely well with the Heat, but can't think of a Western Conference opponent that they'd beat in a seven game series.
Boobs
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#10 » by Boobs » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:14 pm

Dirk played like the GOAT in that MIami series. If Melo can match his production, which I doubt he can (not saying he's not as good of a player, but that Dirk really shined), then we're talking.
koko88
Rookie
And1: 301

Post#11 » by koko88 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:15 pm

the only way the knicks beat miami is if all of their players are in their primes.

you know that kidd was better and younger, terry was better that current jr smith, playoffs dirk > any version of carmelo, carlisle>woodson, etc
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,077

Post#12 » by og15 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Miami wouldn't have the same performance against that Mavericks team if they played them again this season, so the Knicks being a copy of that team wouldn't really be a great thing.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,212

Post#13 » by coldfish » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:17 pm

On Sunday December 16th, NY was 18-5. They were shooting some ungodly number from 3p range. Like 41% and had the number 1 offense in the NBA.

Since that time they are 14-15 and are shooting more like 35%. Either they cooled off or teams figured them out. They haven't even played the tough part of their schedule. March and April look brutal with 18 of their remaining 30 games against current playoff teams.

NY is staring the 5 seed right in the face. They are going to have to beat something like Brooklyn / Chicago, Miami, Indiana and OKC to win the NBA.

I don't think they will.
BKing10
Sixth Man
And1: 914

Post#14 » by BKing10 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:18 pm

you definitely are buying low
JesusHCoxMd
Analyst
And1: 2,528

Post#15 » by JesusHCoxMd » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 pm

RogerJ wrote:Knicks are the perfect fit for Miami and are just build as the 2011 champions Dallas mavericks, just exactly the same

Kidd= Kidd
Chandler =Chandler

That's pretty cool.
te887848
Starter
And1: 644

Post#16 » by te887848 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Knicks will get smashed in 5 games by the Heat. Their supposed "matchup" advantages inside are way overstated. Their defense is thoroughly mediocre, unlike say an Indiana or Chicago, and they can't punish them inside for playing small.

By the way, the Mavs of 2011 are so overrated. If LeBron doesn't go AWOL out of the blue for no good reason, the Heat easily win that series. SMH at people thinking a "Dallas style" or effective "zone defense" will yield results similar to 2011. LeBron is a totally different player. Cannot be stopped. Miami is a virtual lock to come out of the East and will only be remotely challenged by San Antonio.
Kyrama
RealGM
And1: 649

Post#17 » by Kyrama » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:24 pm

Trolls gonna troll. Miami would win in 4 with probably 2 of those games being fairly close.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,137

Post#18 » by Froob » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Manimal wrote:They remind me of an older version of the 06-09 first round exit Nuggets teams. Only older.

But that's probably just because that's essentially what they actually are.

:rofl:

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,137

Post#19 » by Froob » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 pm

te887848 wrote:Knicks will get smashed in 5 games by the Heat. Their supposed "matchup" advantages inside are way overstated. Their defense is thoroughly mediocre, unlike say an Indiana or Chicago, and they can't punish them inside for playing small.

By the way, the Mavs of 2011 are so overrated. If LeBron doesn't go AWOL out of the blue for no good reason, the Heat easily win that series. SMH at people thinking a "Dallas style" or effective "zone defense" will yield results similar to 2011. LeBron is a totally different player. Cannot be stopped. Miami is a virtual lock to come out of the East and will only be remotely challenged by San Antonio.

lol I love how you guys act like you went 16-0 in the playoffs. You don't get away with murder in game 2 of ECF and the finals are a lot different.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#20 » by GreenBloodedC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 pm

I was like, this is probably an old thread that just got bumped.

Then, as I checked the date :o whoa, it's new.

Return to The General Board