Phoenix Suns Appreciation Thread

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Biased_Fan6425
Starter
And1: 1,381

Re: Phoenix Suns Appreciation Thread 

Post#21 » by Biased_Fan6425 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:05 am

Should have traded for Pau Gasol.... :(
Lets go Lakers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#22 » by b-ball forever » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:21 am

Biased_Fan6425 wrote:Should have traded for Pau Gasol.... :(

He's out for the season and was already banged up at the trade deadline... Wouldn't have changed anything.

Great season by the Suns with team oriented basketball, breakout years by Bledsoe, Dragic, Plumlee, Green, Markieff, and overall a solid comeback season by Frye (even if he started playing like crap for a big stretch at the end of the season).

Very good record despite missing Bledsoe so many games, we went 29-15 (64% wins) in games with Bledsoe on the court.

Ryan McDonough will have a ton of options this off season with the first round draft picks and capspace, will be fun to see what he does.
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#23 » by Young_Star11 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:44 am

I thought they would have tanked and been one of the worst teams in the West so they have won doubled the number of games than potentially expected.

Sad they couldn't make the playoffs and I wonder what their strategy will be this off-season with picks in the Draft and Bledsoe to re-sign.
Rasheeed!!!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#24 » by Rasheeed!!! » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:08 am

Awesome season by the Suns. Coming into the season I thought this would be a terrible team but you could tell early on that they would exceed expectations. Mid-season I thought they'd start tapering off but they played strong all year long. Hopefully they can make improvements to the roster and make the playoffs next season.
6moomoo6
Pro Prospect
And1: 995

Post#25 » by 6moomoo6 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:19 am

Hope Pho and Minny goes 1 and 2 in the draft. They deserve something better than to just miss the playoffs yet get the worst of the lottery picks.
AttitudeAjusta
Junior
And1: 123

Post#26 » by AttitudeAjusta » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:25 am

At the beginning of the season, I thought of a team that I could root for in the west and wanted to somewhat match the growing success I imagined of my team over the next couple seasons, and came up with the Suns because they were in a "low/tank watch" position at the beginning, and because PHX seems like a cool place to live.

Well they definitely surpassed how good my team was for sure and was did exactly what I would want to happen; a team full of fun to watch team players that just surprise and beat everybody.

Much respect to this team for their turnaround/success
WhatsMyName
Junior
And1: 332

Post#27 » by WhatsMyName » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:26 am

Great season for the fans and players, they were awesome to watch, but for the future it was probably better to miss the playoffs to get a better position for their own pick (now 14).

Just shows how wrong preseason predictions can be, even if nearly all of the analysts and fans agree. :D
ZB9
Sixth Man
And1: 696

Post#28 » by ZB9 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:20 am

The Suns would be the 3rd seed in the eastern conference, but they cant even make the playoffs in the West.

what an absolute JOKE the east is

reminds me of knicks fans making fun of the Mavs for losing to the warriors in the first round...many eastern fans don't understand how different the western conference is. Those warriors won 50 games and would have been the 2 seed in the east.

Eastern #1 seeds don't have to worry about playing tough first round series. They get opponents under .500. Western #1 often seeds get first round opponents with 50 wins.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#29 » by j-ragg » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Phoenix did amazing this year. Very fun to watch.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#30 » by TASTIC » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Was a hell of a season alright, a great ride full of exceeded expectations and loaded with surprises along the way.

I'm just praying there's a draft surprise and we somehow sneak into the top 3...

Imagine Wiggins on this team.

And if MIN stayed in their spot/dropped to 14 we get their pick too.

Top 3, #14, #17 and #26. And a lot of capspace. Could be a real threat if we can re-sign Bledsoe and get a legit veteran PF like Bosh...
piston1423
Pro Prospect
And1: 132

Post#31 » by piston1423 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Watch them suck next year.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#32 » by sixerswillrule » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Dragic was a top 20 player this season. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep it up.
blizzard
Senior
And1: 195

Post#33 » by blizzard » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:43 pm

ZB9 wrote:The Suns would be the 3rd seed in the eastern conference, but they cant even make the playoffs in the West.

reminds me of knicks fans making fun of the Mavs for losing to the warriors in the first round...many eastern fans don't understand how different the western conference is. Those warriors won 50 games and would have been the 2 seed in the east.

Eastern #1 seeds don't have to worry about playing tough first round series. They get opponents under .500. Western #1 often seeds get first round opponents with 50 wins.

Not really, that Warriors sneaked into the playoffs with a 42-40 record (was 26-35 at one point when B. Diddy was injured). They were just a tough matchup for the Mavs that time.
Everyone underrated Kobe's ego and just thought he would be Paul Pierce when Garnett and Allen joined, instead he went Black Mamba and turned Dwight into Kwame and Nash into Smush.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#34 » by Bravenewworld » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:09 pm

I so much would have rather seen the Suns in the play offs instead of the Grizzlies.
Suns/Spurs could at least be an interesting series. Spurs/Memphis will be 5 tops.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#35 » by Bravenewworld » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:11 pm

piston1423 wrote:Watch them suck next year.

That would be the luck of the Suns right?

I actually think this Suns team resembles the Nuggets team from a few years ago and we know how they turned out.
Silverballer
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#36 » by Silverballer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:55 pm

I usually hate the Suns but I appreciate what they did this year. Definitely wanted them to make the playoffs and face off against their chief rivals again.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#37 » by nuposse04 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:04 pm

Yeah I get a Nuggets vibe from the suns as well. Very interesting team to watch as they play a "pretty" brand of basketball but I don't see how their offense is sustainable in the playoffs when they do make it (and I suspect they will soon).

I wonder what the long term plans will be for the team. PJ Tucker expires this season I believe and will probably cost more then the league minimum as the dude can play.

The morris twins+Green will expire after next season. I imagine they'll be looking to cash in. Frye might be better off staying. Miles plumlee will be cheap and good for em for a while. They have a lot of cheap good talent right now, but that window will close soon. They have assets to acquire better pieces.

They ought to retain Bledsoe, frye and one of the Morrises. But I think their biggest problem is lack of a true option in the post/defensive center. Okafor could have been a great defender for em, but he isn't so useful offensively. They would actually be a beautiful team to watch with M. Gasol.
GoldenGoose
Pro Prospect
And1: 547

Post#38 » by GoldenGoose » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:14 pm

blizzard wrote:
ZB9 wrote:The Suns would be the 3rd seed in the eastern conference, but they cant even make the playoffs in the West.

Not really, that Warriors sneaked into the playoffs with a 42-40 record (was 26-35 at one point when B. Diddy was injured). They were just a tough matchup for the Mavs that time.

The Warriors had an excellent record after they made the trade for Harrington and Stephen Jackson. That changed the team's makeup quite a bit and made them a legitimate team. The next season they won 48 games and missed the playoffs.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,612

Post#39 » by schnakenpopanz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:30 pm

piston1423 wrote:Watch them suck next year.

that a staement, can you explain or is it just an bservation just like the experts at the beginning of this season.
free steve nash!
HeatFanSince87
Assistant Coach
And1: 758

Post#40 » by HeatFanSince87 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:34 pm

This team has 4 first round picks if they keep them all. NUTS.

Return to The General Board