A Cavs title being worth more than 1...

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Re: A Cavs title being worth more than 1... 

Post#61 » by crazy_me_87 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:01 pm

nbafan38 wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:Well it was the people who didn't like james. It was their narrative when he went to Miami ( Oh but Cleveland would have meant so much more, this team-up will destroy the NBA ) but now that he has returned to Cleveland they've done a 180 and now are attacking there own old BS narrative.

who is attacking it? From what I've seen the majority of fans seem to be in support of what James did and think he's an "immortal" player right now already regardless of how many championships he wins in Cleveland.

regarding LBJ beeing a "immortal player" right now even though he still has another decade at most to play...

well he is

how many players have 2 Finals MVPs or more? 10

how many players have 4 RS-MVPs 5

how many players have the combination of 2+ Finals MVPs and 4+ Rs MVPs? 4

he is already in such elite company before even turning 30

its not a question at all if he is a absolute transendent All Time Great ... its only a question how much greatness he can add in his 30s

Lebron haters cant admit it at all but there is a legit case to rank Lebron in the Top 5 All TIme Players right now!!!! even if we say he is top 7 right now... thats still scary for a guy ho has to turn 30 yet

he could retire now and be a top 10 player of all time... thats crazy
burritoKURUMA
Senior
And1: 498

Post#62 » by burritoKURUMA » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:01 pm

SwiLL2432 wrote:
improper wrote:
SwiLL2432 wrote:
Your not serious.... :banghead:

About the Lakers having no shot at winning the title next year? Yes, I'm absolutely serious. They don't even look like they'll make the playoffs.

Cavs fans talking smack about the Lakers, that is quite entertaining. Win a single NBA finals game and then maybe you can eat the scraps off of our plate like the NBA dogs that you are. But until then, keep the Lakers name out of your mouth

haha

Do you think he's wrong about the Lakers not making the playoffs?
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#63 » by miltk » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:05 pm

SwiLL2432 wrote:It annoys me when people say that if Bron wins a title in Cleveland than it is worth more than just one title but rather 2 or 3. Im not the best at math but I know that 1 = 1 everytime. Same league, same rules, same draft process, same everything except the fact that nobody wants to go to dumpy Cleveland to play basketball (oh, well except the best player in the world i guess).

Plus, if he does win a title, how many NBA Championships banners are they going to hang? 1? or like 2.453 of them because Cleveland is apparently cursed.

1=1

You mean like when duke lovers say an FF is worth more than a banner did 40 yrs ago
SwiLL2432
Analyst
And1: 181

Post#64 » by SwiLL2432 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:06 pm

improper wrote:
SwiLL2432 wrote:Cavs fans talking smack about the Lakers, that is quite entertaining. Win a single NBA finals game and then maybe you can eat the scraps off of our plate like the NBA dogs that you are. But until then, keep the Lakers name out of your mouth

haha

I always love when fans point to titles won years ago as a reference for how good their team is now. :lol:

Who said anything about right now? I sure as hell do not see that anywhere in my post.
#MambaArmy
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#65 » by improper » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:09 pm

SwiLL2432 wrote:
improper wrote:
SwiLL2432 wrote:Cavs fans talking smack about the Lakers, that is quite entertaining. Win a single NBA finals game and then maybe you can eat the scraps off of our plate like the NBA dogs that you are. But until then, keep the Lakers name out of your mouth

haha

I always love when fans point to titles won years ago as a reference for how good their team is now. :lol:

Who said anything about right now? I sure as hell do not see that anywhere in my post.

Well, given that the conversation started when you said "if the Lakers win the title next year," I thought we were both talking about right now. After all, I never brought up the past at all like you were so quick to do the second I mentioned the Lakers' current situation.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,416

Post#66 » by nbafan38 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:09 pm

First of all I am a sentimental person so I know my view on this is somewhat biased by my personality. However, to me there can be nothing more rewarding than taking a franchise that stinks and winning a championship with that team, add in the fact that it is his home state and there just wouldn't be a better feeling. From the tone of his letter, this is why the decision was not even that big of a debate for James. He accomplished what he needed to win in Miami and get over the hump, but unless he was going to break Jordan's record and win over 6 titles, winning more titles in Miami wasn't going to mean that much to him. No matter how successful he was in Miami it wasn't his city and his team, players have won championships in Miami before and will again, but if he wins one in Cleveland he can have a unique place in sports history.
SwiLL2432
Analyst

Post#67 » by SwiLL2432 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:14 pm

burritoKURUMA wrote:
SwiLL2432 wrote:
improper wrote:
About the Lakers having no shot at winning the title next year? Yes, I'm absolutely serious. They don't even look like they'll make the playoffs.

Cavs fans talking smack about the Lakers, that is quite entertaining. Win a single NBA finals game and then maybe you can eat the scraps off of our plate like the NBA dogs that you are. But until then, keep the Lakers name out of your mouth

haha

Remember back in high school when the nerdy kid that nobody liked showed up one day with a fresh pair of Js? Everybody said "Damn, Timmy got some fresh 4s, I need to get me a pair of those" Timmy started to feel good about himself, talking to all the popular kids, eating lunch at the cool table and yeah it was cool for awhile but after a week or two of Timmy wearing his 4s, they got played out and then everybody else went back to not caring about him and calling him a nerd again. The Cavs, in this scenario, are Timmy. The rest of the NBA is the popular table. Its cool you all got Lebron back but sooner rather than later, Lebron is gonna retire and the Cavs are going to sink right back into the Lottery that Dan Gilbert promised he would lead them out of every year.

The Lakers probably wont make the playoffs, but so? 2015 Free Agency is right around the corner and unlike your lowly Cavs, the Lakers are ALWAYS in play to big name FAs.

So shut up Timmy
#MambaArmy
SwiLL2432
Analyst

Post#68 » by SwiLL2432 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:16 pm

improper wrote:
SwiLL2432 wrote:
improper wrote:

Well, given that the conversation started when you said "if the Lakers win the title next year," I thought we were both talking about right now. After all, I never brought up the past at all like you were so quick to do the second I mentioned the Lakers' current situation.

That was a hypothetical aimed at making a point that championships matter just as much to LA fans as they do to Cleveland fans. A fact that you have yet to dispute
#MambaArmy
Massamba
Starter
And1: 1,141

Post#69 » by Massamba » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:19 pm

Teams win titles, players win MVP's. If the cavs win one title it won't be LeBron's title but the cavs title. I hate when people give all the credit to the FP for the entire team success.
burritoKURUMA
Senior

Post#70 » by burritoKURUMA » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:21 pm

SwiLL2432 wrote:
burritoKURUMA wrote:
SwiLL2432 wrote:

haha

Remember back in high school when the nerdy kid that nobody liked showed up one day with a fresh pair of Js? Everybody said "Damn, Timmy got some fresh 4s, I need to get me a pair of those" Timmy started to feel good about himself, talking to all the popular kids, eating lunch at the cool table and yeah it was cool for awhile but after a week or two of Timmy wearing his 4s, they got played out and then everybody else went back to not caring about him and calling him a nerd again. The Cavs, in this scenario, are Timmy. The rest of the NBA is the popular table. Its cool you all got Lebron back but sooner rather than later, Lebron is gonna retire and the Cavs are going to sink right back into the Lottery that Dan Gilbert promised he would lead them out of every year.

The Lakers probably wont make the playoffs, but so? 2015 Free Agency is right around the corner and unlike your lowly Cavs, the Lakers are ALWAYS in play to big name FAs.

So shut up Timmy

lol, what?
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#71 » by improper » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:24 pm

SwiLL2432 wrote:Remember back in high school when the nerdy kid that nobody liked showed up one day with a fresh pair of Js? Everybody said "Damn, Timmy got some fresh 4s, I need to get me a pair of those" Timmy started to feel good about himself, talking to all the popular kids, eating lunch at the cool table and yeah it was cool for awhile but after a week or two of Timmy wearing his 4s, they got played out and then everybody else went back to not caring about him and calling him a nerd again. The Cavs, in this scenario, are Timmy. The rest of the NBA is the popular table. Its cool you all got Lebron back but sooner rather than later, Lebron is gonna retire and the Cavs are going to sink right back into the Lottery that Dan Gilbert promised he would lead them out of every year.

So shut up Timmy

We must have went to different schools.
jayjaypimpson
Pro Prospect
And1: 955

Post#72 » by jayjaypimpson » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:29 pm

heat4life wrote:
jayjaypimpson wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:
The same people who didn't like LeBron when he was in Cleveland

I'm saying that's where this " a championship in Cleveland would have meant a lot more than one in Miami " thing came from, and now that he is back, some of those people who said that are backtracking

Even Lebron's SI letter implies that winning for Cleveland would mean more than winning in Miami

Would you have expected him to say the opposite? Let's use our heads for a second here.

While i find this whole argument ridiculous, i'll play. Each championship has it's own special meaning. Winning in Cleveland would mean A LOT to him because of his AKron roots. I won't deny that but do not discard for a second what it meant for Lebron to win for the first time ever after all the pressure he endured prior to that. Regardless of all the politically correct things Lebron says, your first time is ultra special.

Yep, LeBron winning for Miami was so special Bron wanting to keep winning for Miami the rest of his career... :roll:
Makaveli DaDon
Senior
And1: 514

Post#73 » by Makaveli DaDon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:40 pm

The Penguin wrote:
jayjaypimpson wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Huge for that city. And that's about it. It doesn't mean more to the Lakers, the Bulls, the Celtics, Michael Jeffery Jordon, or Oprah if you win one in Cleveland or in Orlando.

It'd be pretty huge for an entire city & state. That's relativly huge. Who cares about those other places when San Antiono won last season? No one is thinking about the lakers

The Buckeyes won in 2002, the Reds won in 1990, the Pistons won in 2004. Sure, there are Cleveland fans in Columbus, Cincy and Toledo but stop pretending like the whole state has the desperate losing attitude that Cleveland does. Toledo is pretty evenly split between OSU/Michigan & Detroit/Cleveland (if not leaning toward Detroit & UM). Most of Cincy does not care about Cleveland sports or Ohio State. Columbus leans towards Cleveland sports but is really a melting pot of Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Detroit/Indy/Cincy and a few others with the Buckeyes being the clear number 1 team and it's not close. The whole state is not desperate to break some curse and holding their breath based upon Lebron's every move.

My point exactly ^^^.. It's like me in Miami complaining the that Jacksonville jaguars haven't won anything or golden state and Sacramento fans saying California hasn't won an nba title or something.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
burritoKURUMA
Senior

Post#74 » by burritoKURUMA » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:43 pm

jayjaypimpson wrote:
heat4life wrote:
jayjaypimpson wrote:
Even Lebron's SI letter implies that winning for Cleveland would mean more than winning in Miami

Would you have expected him to say the opposite? Let's use our heads for a second here.

While i find this whole argument ridiculous, i'll play. Each championship has it's own special meaning. Winning in Cleveland would mean A LOT to him because of his AKron roots. I won't deny that but do not discard for a second what it meant for Lebron to win for the first time ever after all the pressure he endured prior to that. Regardless of all the politically correct things Lebron says, your first time is ultra special.

Yep, LeBron winning for Miami was so special Bron wanting to keep winning for Miami the rest of his career... :roll:

Oh please, that's not at all what he's saying.

All championships are special to both the fans and the players, and some championships are special for different reasons.

Saying how big of an accomplishment winning in Cleveland would be (and it would be HUGE) should not be construed as taking away from any championships LeBron or anyone else wins anywhere else.
jayjaypimpson
Pro Prospect

Post#75 » by jayjaypimpson » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:53 pm

burritoKURUMA wrote:
jayjaypimpson wrote:
heat4life wrote:

All championships are special to both the fans and the players, and some championships are special for different reasons.

Saying how big of an accomplishment winning in Cleveland would be (and it would be HUGE) should not be construed as taking away from any championships LeBron or anyone else wins anywhere else.

I never said winning champs for certain places wouldn't be special did I?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#76 » by C.lupus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:05 pm

In this thread I have learned that 1 = 3 and Js = 4s.
burritoKURUMA
Senior

Post#77 » by burritoKURUMA » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:12 pm

jayjaypimpson wrote:
burritoKURUMA wrote:
jayjaypimpson wrote:

I never said winning champs for certain places wouldn't be special did I?

No, you did not; the second part was mostly directed towards the board on a whole.

The first part was directed to you, however, as I found heat4life's take pretty reasonable and thought it at least merited more than an eye roll and a sarcastic statement.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#78 » by heat4life » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:20 pm

jayjaypimpson wrote:
heat4life wrote:
jayjaypimpson wrote:

What does one thing have to do with the other? :lol:

You need to come to terms with the fact that Lebron won in Miami first. Not once, but twice and that is worth something regardless of what Lebron does in Cleveland in the future - which I am sure it will be special in it's own way.

But whatever man. If this is what you want to hear, then yes Lebron's titles in Cleveland - if he wins any - will be worth more than any he already won in Miami. :roll:
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#79 » by Mr Loggins » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:25 pm

SwiLL2432 wrote:
I hope the Browns win the title before the Cavs, nothing like a team called the Browns that have Orange uniforms

Says the fan whose team still carries their Minneapolis name (you know, land of a 1000 lakes....)
jayjaypimpson
Pro Prospect

Post#80 » by jayjaypimpson » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:27 pm

heat4life wrote:
jayjaypimpson wrote:
heat4life wrote:

What does one thing have to do with the other? :lol:

You need to come to terms with the fact that Lebron won in Miami first. Not once, but twice and that is worth something regardless of what Lebron does in Cleveland in the future - which I am sure it will be special in it's own way.

But whatever man. If this is what you want to hear, then yes Lebron's titles in Cleveland - if he wins any - will be worth more than any he already won in Miami. :roll:

This is straw-man bc I never denied Bron won in Miami first so I don't know why you're saying "I need to come to terms" with something that obviously happened

why again do you think heat4life's straw man agreement deserves more than a sarcastic statement, burrito?

Return to The General Board