Thaddeus Young traded to the T-Wolves

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Re: Thaddeus Young traded to the T-Wolves 

Post#81 » by Mik317 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:51 pm

LBJVirus218 wrote:Man Sam Hinkie is a bad GM

Step 1: Tank and acquire as many picks as possible.
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: Championship

Just feels like there is no plan in place on who they won't with those picks.

I am no fan of this move and the draft but come on.

His plan is to collect talent and one of the following happening.

ONE of those guys turn into studs (the more picks..the more chances of this happening) or pawning those dudes off for a star (ala Houston for Harden).

It really isnt that hard to figure out. Not having a plan is what the franchise did for a decade before Hinkie. I don't agree with all of his moves but he does have a plan.

Regardless, it is impossible to grade him after only one year.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
SIC
Senior
And1: 208

Post#82 » by SIC » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Thanks Flip for making my prediction.

Re: who are this year's phoneix suns and new
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:47 pm by SIC

1. MINN - Co-ROY - LaVine and Wiggins. Rubio MIP.

2a. GSW - Rookie Coach getting a team that won 51 games. I can see people upset. Karma might hit them.

2b. PHO - Can PHO duplicate what they did last year? Still no Center. Bledsoe upset.

2c. I also think CLE isnt going to be as good as people think.

I think MINN gets into the playoffs (8th Seed) and they play much better without Love.

Wiggins and Young provide them with MUCH NEEDED defense to the starting Five. Rubio even though his jumper still sucks has a lot more athletes to RUN up and down the court with him. LaVine is going to be stud with this team. Mo Williams will give them that VET leadership.

Rubio, LaVine, WIggins, Young, Bennett small lineup running up and down the court.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#83 » by snoopdogg88 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:43 pm

I like what Minnesota is doing, but Wiggins is going to have to be 1995 Scottie Pippen in his rookie season for them to make the playoffs in the West.
Bro Johnson
Banned User
And1: 330

Post#84 » by Bro Johnson » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:47 pm

The Sixers aren't even trying... I understand what their end game is, but if they don't strike gold with a Lebron / Kobe / Chris Paul NOBODY is going to that arena.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#85 » by Boarder Patrol » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Sixers got poor value out of this in my opinion.

For Hawes, Turner and Young they managed a Miami 1st round pick, and 3 2nd-round picks? It seems like Hinkie can't work his magic outside of draft night.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#86 » by cpower » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Bennett was slow and nonathletic for his size. He is an offensive blackhole basically. A poor man of Charlie V..
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,023

Post#87 » by mg » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Boarder Patrol wrote:Sixers got poor value out of this in my opinion.

For Hawes, Turner and Young they managed a Miami 1st round pick, and 3 2nd-round picks? It seems like Hinkie can't work his magic outside of draft night.

Look at the junk Orlando got for Afflalo. It seems non all star players that are nearing FA really aren't worth all that much on the trade market. After Milwuakee got hosed in that Redick deal I haven't seen any teams get value for non all star soon-to-be FA's.
Big_Apple
Junior
And1: 96

Post#88 » by Big_Apple » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:18 pm

LBJVirus218 wrote:Man Sam Hinkie is a bad GM

Step 1: Tank and acquire as many picks as possible.
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: Championship

Just feels like there is no plan in place on who they won't with those picks.

Every other GM plan seems to be:

Step 1: Overpay players
Step 2: Give up assets to dump bad contracts
Step 3: Fail to sign a superstar and overpay more players

I think Hinkie is the best GM in the league. The draft and salary cap structure gives teams an incentive to tank. MCW was rookie of they year and Hinkie needs to prove he can continue to draft good talent and recruit FAs.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#89 » by Boarder Patrol » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:22 pm

mg wrote:

Look at the junk Orlando got for Afflalo. It seems non all star players that are nearing FA really aren't worth all that much on the trade market. After Milwuakee got hosed in that Redick deal I haven't seen any teams get value for non all star soon-to-be FA's.

Yeah, this is actually a pretty good point. It seems that guys making middlish money in the 7-12 range really don't have much value.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#90 » by NBAfan3024 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:47 pm

3 team deal confirmed
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#91 » by Jordan45822 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,451

Post#92 » by Snotbubbles » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Bro Johnson wrote:The Sixers aren't even trying... I understand what their end game is, but if they don't strike gold with a Lebron / Kobe / Chris Paul NOBODY is going to that arena.

On more than one occasion I've posted attendance numbers. The 41-41 Sixers 8th seed treadmill teams over about a 6 year period drew about 1000-1500 more people a game than last years team. Nobody was going to see that junk either. I think more Sixers fans are excited to see guys like Noel and MCW develop than watch Elton Brand and Andre Iguodala-led teams get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Re: Minny may end up with Wiggins, Bennett, and Young 

Post#93 » by junot111 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
junot111 wrote:Wolves are still a treadmill team unless they can get Adam Silver to transfer them to the East

When you have tons of young talent - some of them with elite potential - you are not a treadmill team. Period.

treadmill teams are defined by their success, not potential. Until that young talent pans out their potential is meaningless in this discussion and my point still stands.
WolvesGuy14
Sixth Man
And1: 2,047

Post#94 » by WolvesGuy14 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:02 pm

SIC wrote:Thanks Flip for making my prediction.

2a. GSW - Rookie Coach getting a team that won 51 games. I can see people upset. Karma might hit them.

2b. PHO - Can PHO duplicate what they did last year? Still no Center. Bledsoe upset.

I think MINN gets into the playoffs (8th Seed) and they play much better without Love.

Wiggins and Young provide them with MUCH NEEDED defense to the starting Five. Rubio even though his jumper still sucks has a lot more athletes to RUN up and down the court with him. LaVine is going to be stud with this team. Mo Williams will give them that VET leadership.

Rubio, LaVine, WIggins, Young, Bennett small lineup running up and down the court.

Love is better defensively than Young.

And I'd rather have Dieng in that lineup at the bottom.
noobcake wrote:I would trade Wiggins for Love any day. Wiggins projects as a role player for me.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Re: Minny may end up with Wiggins, Bennett, and Young 

Post#95 » by junot111 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
junot111 wrote:Wolves are still a treadmill team unless they can get Adam Silver to transfer them to the East

Can't really tell if they are treadmill team until 2 years from now. Going to be raking in high lottery pick next year and maybe another year after that.

You can say that about a lot of teams. In future tense you can say anything. I could say we can't tell if the Raptors are the best team in the East until 2 years from now. And from all the posts in this thread I think the consensus disagrees with you, the Wolves will not finish low enough to land a high pick but somewhere in the middle fighting for the 8th seed.... right where a treadmill team should be
SIC
Senior

Post#96 » by SIC » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:09 pm

WolvesGuy14 wrote:

Love is better defensively than Young.

And I'd rather have Dieng in that lineup at the bottom.

I am not sure Love is better defensively than Young, but you are right I totally forgot about Dieng.
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#97 » by DynastySS » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:12 pm

That might be the worst offensive team in the NBA.

I will be shocked if they are not the bottom of the league in all offensive stats.
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by snoopdogg88 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Hinkie is very upfront with the media about what he's doing, contrary to popular belief.
He doesn't talk much, but when he does, he makes his words count.

He wants max space at all times + as many assets as he can realistically accumulate.
I think he envisions having tons of 1st round talent as assets (Embiid, Saric, MCW, Noel, McDaniels, 2015 pick + Miami 1st pick) plus always having the flexibility to do whatever he wants via trades or free agency.

His plan might not work out the first year, might not even work the second year, but he will always have the flexibility to try and fix it. I think the flexibility is the key.
SIC
Senior

Post#99 » by SIC » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:25 pm

DynastySS wrote:

That might be the worst offensive team in the NBA.

I will be shocked if they are not the bottom of the league in all offensive stats.

If you are referring to Rubio, LaVine, Wiggins, Young, Bennett/Dieng, I didnt say it was a starting lineup. I just said it would be nice to see that squad running up and down the court. LaVine and Wiggins running up the floor on the wings with Rubio pushing up the ball.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by snoopdogg88 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:28 pm

I kind of agree about Young, think the return on Hawes was a little underrated. (Henry Sims actually outplayed Hawes after the trade according to advanced metrics and he's going to be a solid backup for years to come)

totally disagree about Turner. He stinks. Getting a 2nd round pick for him was a steal. I would have traded him for free.

Return to The General Board