Hindsight: The Kevin Love Trade

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bringWallyBack
Junior
And1: 310

Hindsight: The Kevin Love Trade 

Post#1 » by bringWallyBack » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Some might argue that what the Twolves got was not enough while other think they got a pretty good deal but my question is more about the trade that didn't happen. Through out the summer they got a lot of offers and some were better than others and many kept arguing that they should've taken the previous deal since they wouldn't get a better one.

So my question is: of the deals that didn't happen, which would've been the worse deal for the Wolves to have accepted for Kevin Love?
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Re: Hindsight: The Kevin Love Trade 

Post#2 » by funkatron101 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:14 pm

Golden State. Still keeps them out of the playoffs, but saddled with a lot of salary.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#3 » by Downtown » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Let's face it, there is no hindsight yet. At best you can safely say they gave up the "now" for future potential and reward. They have taken a chance. Until we see what Wiggins can do in the league, and if Bennett can show that his rookie season was a poor one because of his early injuries there isn't much hindsight.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#4 » by KGboss » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:36 pm

hindsight doesnt exist 3 days after the fact....

lets discuss hindisght in 3 years when life has unfolded.
bringWallyBack
Junior
And1: 310

Post#5 » by bringWallyBack » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:45 pm

I mean in the sense comparing to what they got. Is the deal that they got from the Cavs better than what Boston offered? What about the Bulls deal? Or the Phoenix last minute deal?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using RealGM Forums mobile app
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,199

Post#6 » by brutalitops » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:46 pm

David Lee
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#7 » by NapoleonII » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:10 pm

KGboss wrote:hindsight doesnt exist 3 days after the fact....

lets discuss hindisght in 3 years when life has unfolded.

/thread
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Post#8 » by Effigy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:25 pm

bringWallyBack wrote:I mean in the sense comparing to what they got. Is the deal that they got from the Cavs better than what Boston offered? What about the Bulls deal? Or the Phoenix last minute deal?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using RealGM Forums mobile app

You mean compare a trade that did happen with a bunch of conflicting offers that may have happened? What's the point? Right now we don't have any more info than Minnesota does. None of us know how Wiggins will do. But Minnesota has info we don't have, they know what was really offered. Hindsight can't come in until we've had a sufficient amount of time to see Wiggins play and to a lesser extent how Bennet turns out.
MNister
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#9 » by MNister » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:32 pm

I hated the GS offer. Klay at best ws going to be have to be overpayed here longterm. And even then, I think he would have been miserable coming from a great team in GS to a rebuilding one. Wanted nothing to do with Lee. Barnes is OK. Draymond Green would have been nice, but I doubt GS would ahve included him. Thank God that deal didn't go through. Wolves would have been an eternally mediocre team. At least now we have hope for a future good team.

On similar note, the proposed Bulls deals with Mirotic and McDermott were very attractive to me as a Wolves fan if they were indeed ever offered. I am very high on both players and think Mirotic may have been happy to play with countryman Pekovic and fellow Euro legend Rubio. I think a Rubio/Lavine/McDermott/Mirotic/Pek core would have been fun. Add in Martin, Butler, Gibson and more and that's a decent team.

Return to The General Board