Slovenia vs USA - ESPN2 - 2 PM EASTERN

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Re: Slovenia vs USA - ESPN2 - 2 PM EASTERN 

Post#221 » by Cruel_Ruin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:23 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:It really does suck, because I think ANthony is clearly a DPOY caliber player now, but the Pelicans probably won't be good enough as a team to get him into consideration, and it seems like people don't realize how good a defender someone is until years later. People are never ready to admit when a young player is at that level either.

Just put AD's name on the DPOY trophy for the next decade. New age KG.
Hans Embiid
Banned User
And1: 1,217

Post#222 » by Hans Embiid » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Cruel_Ruin wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:It really does suck, because I think ANthony is clearly a DPOY caliber player now, but the Pelicans probably won't be good enough as a team to get him into consideration, and it seems like people don't realize how good a defender someone is until years later. People are never ready to admit when a young player is at that level either.

AD>KG
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,072
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#223 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:01 pm

il_knicks7 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Thoughts on Davis defensively, on a good team, with good coaching?

If you think the coaching in NO is so bad, who should we credit for Davis' great defensive fundamentals? His positioning and use of his body are near perfect.

He has sort of been a natural. It's just his natural play style and has been since I saw him at Kentucky.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#224 » by noobcake » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:12 pm

il_knicks7 wrote:
NOD wrote:4 exhibition games in:

Irving -- 81 mins, 14-22 FG (3-5 3FG), 17 asts, 3 TO's

Rose -- 58 mins (3 games), 4-11 FG, 7 asts, 6 TO's

The sad part is that coach K (or should I say coach Thibodeau) is still unsure on which of Irving/Rose should start. What a pathetic joke.

If K starts Irving, people will be accusing him of nepotism. Lillard and Wall fans has been raising a stink about Irving's mere existence on the team.
NOD
Junior
And1: 584

Post#225 » by NOD » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:14 pm

noobcake wrote:
il_knicks7 wrote:

The sad part is that coach K (or should I say coach Thibodeau) is still unsure on which of Irving/Rose should start. What a pathetic joke.

If K starts Irving, people will be accusing him of nepotism. Lillard and Wall fans has been raising a stink about Irving's mere existence on the team.

Only the homerest of the homers can really question Irving's role on the team at this point, and there will be no shaking their delusion. In his 81 minutes of gameplay in these 4 exhibitions, his +/- is +104, which is highest on the team.
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#226 » by Cruel_Ruin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:30 pm

THE GOAT ROSE wrote:
Cruel_Ruin wrote:

AD>KG

I love AD but this is too soon.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#227 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Cruel_Ruin wrote:
THE GOAT ROSE wrote:
Cruel_Ruin wrote:

AD>KG

I love AD but this is too soon.
Yeah baby steps.
il_knicks7
Banned User
And1: 804

Post#228 » by il_knicks7 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:30 pm

noobcake wrote:
il_knicks7 wrote:

LOL. Please look at the numbers again and tell me if any reasonable person can start Rose over Irving? Hasn't the Rose farce gone far enough? Does coach K want to be eliminated in the first round?

Lillard/Wall should have been on the team over Rose, but given the current roster, you have to play Irving almost 40 minutes or you're going to have Harden/Gay ISOs play after play.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#229 » by improper » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:34 pm

noobcake wrote:
il_knicks7 wrote:

Wouldn't starting Rose be an even bigger case of nepotism given that Thibs is an assistant coach on Team USA? Coach K coached Kyrie for like thirteen games four years ago. Thibs is Rose's coach right now.

Aside from that, all the evidence we have access to says that Kyrie has outplayed Rose and that the team has played significantly better with Kyrie on the floor than with Rose. It's not nepotism to start the better player and, right now, Kyrie is objectively playing better than Rose.

Return to The General Board