Can Pelicans become a contender going forward?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Can Pelicans become a contender going forward?

yes, Davis will be that good
45%
no I don't think the supporting cast will be good enough
30%
no They need to add another star
25%

Total votes: 76

SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Re: Can Pelicans become a contender going forward? 

Post#41 » by SlowPaced » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:56 pm

If Holiday and Evans develop a great chemistry and they can get some value out of Gordon (as a sixth man or through a trade), they definitely can be contenders. Asik-Davis with Anderson backing up is a great frontline.

If we see a rapid development in chemistry on their backcourt, they're a darkhorse in the West this season.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Can Pelicans become a contender going forward? 

Post#42 » by GimmeDat » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:53 pm

I think there's considerable star power here, but a lot of it has to do with whether 'Reke can step up and be the number one perimeter option for them.

I like Gordon and if he ever got back to where his career trajectory looked like it was heading for him, he'll be massive for this Pelicans team, but I think Evans showed that with the other guys out, he took the usage into his hands and played extremely well, both scoring and facilitating.

As tsherkin said, defense was a massive problem, but the only real liability I see in the lineup is Gordon on that side of the ball. Jrue's a good defender, Evans can be a great defender, AD is flawed but young but already the best shot blocker in the league, and Asik has an absolutely massive defensive impact as well.

I'm a big fan, I think this team is the no. 1 sleeper in the comp. right now.

Return to The General Board