ARE THE CAVS, THE MOST OVERRATED TEAM

Cycklops
Sixth Man
And1: 2,080

Re: ARE THE CAVS, THE MOST OVERRATED TEAM 

Post#41 » by Cycklops » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:01 pm

lakersin4 wrote:Nope that title easily goes to the Bulls.. Even with a healthy Rose I'm not sure they're better than the Wizards, & I highly doubt Rose will be healthy.. Yet it seems nearly everyone considers them at worst the #2 team in the east. My main complaint with the Cleveland hype is noone seems to mention that Love & Kyrie will most likely miss around 30 games each while their starting C will be lucky to play in 30 games.. But even then you still have Lebron, who has shown that he's enough to get the 1 seed in the East solo last time he was in Cleveland.

I don't understand why Rose is getting the benefit of the doubt in rankings. When you've been injured once, sure, assume the guy will be healthy. When you've been majorly injured twice...I think you have to be assumed not to be healthy until you show it for a month or more.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#42 » by DrCoach » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:06 pm

74 wins and a cheap shot at the Knicks?

Karma Karma Karma
lakersin4
Starter
And1: 788

Post#43 » by lakersin4 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Cycklops wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:Nope that title easily goes to the Bulls.. Even with a healthy Rose I'm not sure they're better than the Wizards, & I highly doubt Rose will be healthy.. Yet it seems nearly everyone considers them at worst the #2 team in the east. My main complaint with the Cleveland hype is noone seems to mention that Love & Kyrie will most likely miss around 30 games each while their starting C will be lucky to play in 30 games.. But even then you still have Lebron, who has shown that he's enough to get the 1 seed in the East solo last time he was in Cleveland.

I don't understand why Rose is getting the benefit of the doubt in rankings. When you've been injured once, sure, assume the guy will be healthy. When you've been majorly injured twice...I think you have to be assumed not to be healthy until you show it for a month or more.

Yeah, especially since his returns never seem to stay on track.. There was his delayed comeback before, everyone thinking he should be back & him still saying he wasn't ready. Then he comes back & gets injured again.. Now he starts his comeback & can't handle FIBA play.. I don't see how anyone is giving him the benefit of the doubt at this point.
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#44 » by crazy_me_87 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:15 pm

the problem with your theory is:

Love had one freak injury that cost him almost a season in 2013 but other than that he has only missed a big number of games in his second year 2010 where he played in 60 games then 2012 the 55 Games he played in are not bad because it was the lockout season and there where only 66 Games to play in..

so you have two years.. both where non related non chronical freak injuries to a young player

the other 3 years he played 81,73 and 77 Games wich is pretty normal

Irvings first year he played 51 Games..again out of 66 because 2012 was the lockout
the past two years he played in 59 and 71 Games... and both years it where minor injuries.. nothing that lingers... and he was held out each time by the TEAM way longer than needed because they werent making the playoffs anyway

2013 he was cleared to play 10 games before the season ended.. he was shut down by the Team for tanking reasons^^... so 2012 thats 69 Games he could have played in if the Games ment something

2014 he was held out 5 Games... thats 76 Games he could have played in if the Games ment something

like Love... nothing chronical

Varejao is the only injury concern i can agree on.. he is pretty fragile.. and his minutes have to be limited to propably 25 a game.. but as long as theres no reliable backup Center he propably needs to play 30+ wich is bad
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#45 » by NBAfan3024 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:17 pm

It was obvious kyrie could of played in lot of games he missed. They sucked after all.

Return to The General Board