Magic Giannson

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,383

Magic Giannson 

Post#1 » by jowglenn » Fri Oct 3, 2014 10:18 pm

nevermind, i'll repost in teh right borad
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,383

Re: Magic Giannson 

Post#2 » by jowglenn » Fri Oct 3, 2014 10:20 pm

Whoops, Mods, can you move this to the General Board? Or Player Comparison? or Both?
Jaseface
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#3 » by Jaseface » Fri Oct 3, 2014 10:22 pm

He's the first Giannis. Bender and Randolph are close, as far as physically, but they aren't nearly the ball handlers that he is, nor was there potential anywhere near the Greek Freaks. I wouldn't say he is the "next" anyone.
Jaseface
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#4 » by Jaseface » Fri Oct 3, 2014 10:22 pm

jowglenn wrote:nevermind, i'll repost in teh right borad

Too late!
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#5 » by Kings2013 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 11:07 pm

I see some of Batum in him. I don't know if the PG thing will work out long term
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Just saw results of his first NBA experience at PG...and he's NO MAGIC JOHNSON. Dude had 4pts, 4rebs and NO DIMES. Epic fail...I thought a PG was supposed to distribute and put up assists. Guess he forgot that...not sure I get all the hype on this guy...yes athletic, yes he's big, but so was AntRand and he's playing in Europe right now.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
shawn unkempt
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,999

Post#7 » by shawn unkempt » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:03 pm

I think last night can definitively kill all the PG talk. He can run a fast break and make the occasional nice pass in the flow of an offense but he's not a PG. I sort of feel like the Bucks put him there as a gimmick to get fans talking about them.
Tave
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,356

Post#8 » by Tave » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Hmm, I thought he looked fine out there. He picked up 5 fouls early and spent a lot of time on the bech, but he was protecting the ball well, getting into the lane and collapsing the D, and finding open players. His guys didn't knock down their shots, but he set them up well.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#9 » by Kings2013 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:45 pm

shawn unkempt wrote:I think last night can definitively kill all the PG talk. He can run a fast break and make the occasional nice pass in the flow of an offense but he's not a PG. I sort of feel like the Bucks put him there as a gimmick to get fans talking about them.

That and they already have SF/PF on the roster and no starting PG, it's a positional issue as well
jolbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Post#10 » by jolbin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:24 pm

I think they did it just so they wont be hearing nonstop how Giannis should play PG.. They very well knew he cant do it, not they just showcased it..
skywalker33

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:07 pm

jolbin wrote:I think they did it just so they wont be hearing nonstop how Giannis should play PG.. They very well knew he cant do it, not they just showcased it..

If they did it to prove he COULDN'T do it, it was poor management IMO...if it was to prove that to the fan base, that could be a different story but still not a wise choice.

jolbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Post#12 » by jolbin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:09 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
jolbin wrote:I think they did it just so they wont be hearing nonstop how Giannis should play PG.. They very well knew he cant do it, not they just showcased it..

If they did it to prove he COULDN'T do it, it was poor management IMO...if it was to prove that to the fan base, that could be a different story but still not a wise choice.

I wanted to say, that their goal might be to show the fan base what they can and what they cant expect from Giannis at PG... They can expect a nice story, something new, but they cant expect to win anything..
CoreConcept
Junior
And1: 477

Post#13 » by CoreConcept » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:37 pm

Prepare your Gianus for Gian Stocktontokounmpo. Giascar Robertokounmpo. He ain't no Gianny Flynntetokounmpo.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#14 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Tave wrote:Hmm, I thought he looked fine out there. He picked up 5 fouls early and spent a lot of time on the bech, but he was protecting the ball well, getting into the lane and collapsing the D, and finding open players. His guys didn't knock down their shots, but he set them up well.

Happy to see an outsider from the Bucks fan base giving an objective take on what happened. I'd add that during the first half when he was definitively playing PG, a lot of that was spent making hand offs that took away from the impact that he could've had.

Re: players missing shots he gave them, the same thing happened in the game against the Bulls when he ran the point that full quarter. More than the two plays I recall from that night: a Zaza jumper and Jabari bunny at the hoop.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#15 » by giberish » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Kings2013 wrote:
shawn unkempt wrote:I think last night can definitively kill all the PG talk. He can run a fast break and make the occasional nice pass in the flow of an offense but he's not a PG. I sort of feel like the Bucks put him there as a gimmick to get fans talking about them.

That and they already have SF/PF on the roster and no starting PG, it's a positional issue as well

The Bucks have a backup PG in Wolters and a 3rd string PG in Marshal, but Knight showed last year that he just isn't a PG. It really doesn't hurt to see what happens with Giannis there.

Long-term, most teams need a wing who works as a secondary ballhandler in addition to their PG. Giannis could fill that role.
skywalker33

Post#16 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:24 pm

giberish wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:

The Bucks have a backup PG in Wolters and a 3rd string PG in Marshal, but Knight showed last year that he just isn't a PG. It really doesn't hurt to see what happens with Giannis there.

Long-term, most teams need a wing who works as a secondary ballhandler in addition to their PG. Giannis could fill that role.

And that's the role I expect out of Giannis, perhaps even stretch 4. Wolters looked like a good PG in the making to me, couldn't Kidd make that work better ....

nrockwaychicago
Pro Prospect
And1: 719

Post#17 » by nrockwaychicago » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:43 pm

Or maybe it was just the preseason and Kidd wanted to experiment. Y'all look too much into things.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#18 » by Dcebucks11 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:54 pm

Giannis is a future 4 I think. PG was a bad idea.. They need to utilize his post game more, i seen his spin move off the post its quick on either side. He can use his length and quickness more as an advantage against PFs in this league. He shot too much yesterday too I think. Hes got length and ball handling but doesn't use it to his advantage in the half court. Up to kidd to figure out how to use him correctly.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#19 » by will » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:20 am

Alphabet ain't no point guard. Put him at the 3 and 4 spots and let him wreck shop.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#20 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:21 am

Charles Gardner wrote:Antetokounmpo was 0 for 5 from the floor and had four points and zero assists in 23 minutes as he played primarily at the point.

"It's new," Kidd said. "We're asking him to recognize four different positions and find the open guy.

"Preseason it was something for us to look at and we'll keep looking at it."

Giannis playing PG is anything but over.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel

Return to The General Board