Steven Adams looking good so far..

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Vincent_Askew
Banned User
And1: 247

Re: Steven Adams looking good so far.. 

Post#121 » by Vincent_Askew » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:57 pm

One more note about Adams, he is actually incredible at getting low post position and making it so easy for a teammate to feed him the ball. He gets position and will not be bullied, pushed or denied from making himself an easy target for an entry pass. And once getting the ball, he has shown to have a pretty reliable/respectable hook shot.

Now if he develops his offensive game a bit more in the post, this will be huge because he makes it so easy for his teammates to get him the ball.

Conclusion: I want to be Adams' lover (PAUSE).
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#122 » by ManualRam » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:32 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Slava wrote:
oikosnomos wrote:
Depends on the rest of the roster. If you are starting out with a blank slate, obviously Jonas. If you are adding to a roster that maybe already has some low post scoring and you need roleplayer that will do the dirty work, I could see taking Adams. I think his defensive potential is higher. Jonas is the better player though.

Not sure about that, Adams is big as hell, sets great picks, rolls hard and has amazing hands like catcher's mitts, finishes well, that's already going to get him 10-12 PPG in Thunder's offense that's entirely predicated on side pick and rolls for Durant and high screens for Westbrook to get free.

I was a little doubtful about his isolation offense but he's shown up with some soft hook shots in preseason so far. Its really hard to project a guy who's barely started a good basketball program until he started playing in college.

Just because I need an excuse to post from last night's game:

that's one of things that sold me on him as a prospect. for as raw and inexperienced as he was, he did a lot of big man things fundamentally well, and with force. like setting screens, boxing out, sealing help defenders, establishing position, walling off at the rim instead of jumping at everything, etc. he was very well coached his 1yr in college and you can tell that he was receptive to a coach who's notorious for being hard on his players and a stickler for details.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#123 » by bondom34 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:38 pm

ManualRam wrote:

that's one of things that sold me on him as a prospect. for as raw and inexperienced as he was, he did a lot of big man things fundamentally well, and with force. like setting screens, boxing out, sealing help defenders, establishing position, walling off at the rim instead of jumping at everything, etc. he was very well coached his 1yr in college and you can tell that he was receptive to a coach who's notorious for being hard on his players and a stickler for details.

Yep, everything that OKC really needs is what he does. I'll take him doing this stuff and getting garbage baskets, extra offense is a huge bonus.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#124 » by Slava » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:39 pm

bondom34 wrote:
ManualRam wrote:

Yep, everything that OKC really needs is what he does. I'll take him doing this stuff and getting garbage baskets, extra offense is a huge bonus.

Did that pick come out of the Harden trade? If so, fair props to Presti. This guy fits the team to a tee.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#125 » by bondom34 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Slava wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
ManualRam wrote:

Did that pick come out of the Harden trade? If so, fair props to Presti. This guy fits the team to a tee.

Yep it did. This is pretty much the reason I don't mind the trade. Otherwise, they'd have Harden and either Perk or a center signed for the taxpayer MLE, so around 3 mil. I can't imagine they'd get that sort of value. Harden turned into Adams, McGary, and Lamb.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#126 » by ManualRam » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:49 pm

bondom34 wrote:
ManualRam wrote:

he was really the perfect pick for the thunder. there wasn't any big in the draft i would've taken over him for that team, even if they had a much higher pick. i would NOT have taken noel over him. roster-wise, he was the final piece, but i thought he would've been more of a project than he's turned out to be.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#127 » by ManualRam » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:51 pm

don't get me started on mcgary either. i think that was another home run pick. the only question is health.
the thunder is awesome at drafting.
now if only they had a coach who could get the most out of those players...
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by bondom34 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:53 pm

ManualRam wrote:don't get me started on mcgary either. i think that was another home run pick. the only question is health.

Yeah, I worry about McGary too, but it seems like 2 freak injuries, so I'm hopeful. As for Brooks, this is his chance, he's got no real choice now.
GREENE1148
Sophomore
And1: 111

Post#129 » by GREENE1148 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:11 am

ManualRam wrote:don't get me started on mcgary either. i think that was another home run pick. the only question is health.

Hey man, did you get to watch yesterdays game? There was only an arena feed available, but it was almost like RW read your earlier posts about him blasting off ball screens and not playing a good 2 man game in PnR...

I agree with your analysis on that, but this preseason has shown a big change. I'm hoping it's because Russ finally has someone who can catch in traffic and not just a result of limited options with so many injuries to the roster. Westbrook apparently went to Steve in the 2nd quarter and told him "Every time down man" after he made an And-1 in the PnR. Then he scored another 5 baskets in something like 3 mins after that.
Vincent_Askew
Banned User
And1: 247

Post#130 » by Vincent_Askew » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:33 am

Trues story.

McGary shocked me in the summer league and that 1st preseason game.

Adams, Ibaka, McGary frontcourt makes me want to jump off a cliff a** first and onto a dildo with excitement.

But as you mentioned, health is a big question mark for McGary thus far. If he's healthy, I have no doubt he will at the very worst be an elite big man off the bench and someone you can plug into the starting lineup and not lose a step whenever needed.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#131 » by PerkinsFor3 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:43 am

Vincent_Askew wrote:

Trues story.

McGary shocked me in the summer league and that 1st preseason game.

Adams, Ibaka, McGary frontcourt makes me want to jump off a cliff a** first and onto a dildo with excitement.

I know that feeling!
HawaiianJazzFan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#132 » by HawaiianJazzFan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:34 am

[quote] It's just pure, brute, Maori power![/quote]

He's not Maori... He's Tongan.
beans-boy
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#133 » by beans-boy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Tongan and English.. 50/50!!
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#134 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:52 pm

theFRANCHISE wrote:he's one of those players you would hate to play against but if he played on your team or for your team he would be a fan favorite. I hate him lol

I was just going to post the EXACT SAME THING. I don't literally hate him, but he's the type of guy that in big games, opposing fans will say multiple times in a game, "That f-ing guy, what a f-ing pain in the ass!"

I don't think OKC fans really need to worry about his future upside or whatever, just enjoy what he brings right now as a great complementary player to the team. He'll be able to gradually develop his ball skills and shooting and not try to rush it, which will be best for him and the team.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#135 » by fart » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:12 pm

I really like his game. He could potentially be the best player out of his draft class.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D

Return to The General Board