Is the Wolves bench underrated?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Re: Is the Wolves bench underrated? 

Post#21 » by digitaldropoff » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Talent Chaser wrote:That team has no identity. I expect them to make a trade or two this season. Their starters don't mesh well at all.

How does anyone know this?...in regards to how well anyone will mesh. If it's December, I'd listen....but no one has played any games at all. In terms of identity....they are young team who's going to run every chance they get. They were in the top 5 last year regarding pace, they'll do so again. Just because they don't run the triangle or aren't like to Spurs loaded with depth doesn't mean they lack identity. They're going to attempt to run everyone out of the gym, hustle and gamble on defense....that's their identity.

I expect their identity to evolve by the end of the season, but I'm sorry, your statement isn't valid on any level other then they'll make a trade or two.
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#22 » by TrueStoryGSW » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Their bench is good... problem is their starters are barely better than their bench..
WolvesGuy14
Sixth Man
And1: 2,047

Post#23 » by WolvesGuy14 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Talent Chaser wrote:That team has no identity. I expect them to make a trade or two this season. Their starters don't mesh well at all.

I think their team identity is pretty obvious. Create turnovers and get in transition.
noobcake wrote:I would trade Wiggins for Love any day. Wiggins projects as a role player for me.
WolvesGuy14
Sixth Man

Post#24 » by WolvesGuy14 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:57 pm

BigFatBob wrote:The Wolves are going to suck this year. There basically a team full of no-names right now.

Yeah, Rubio, Martin, Pek, Wiggins, Brewer, Budinger, Bennett, Young, Dieng.... Nobody knows their names...
noobcake wrote:I would trade Wiggins for Love any day. Wiggins projects as a role player for me.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,087

Post#25 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:05 pm

TrueStoryGSW wrote:Their bench is good... problem is their starters are barely better than their bench..

This is how I feel. But there's a ton of potential on that roster. Could be a real fun team in a couple years.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,164

Post#26 » by og15 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:11 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:
og15 wrote:Thank you The-Power. Under and overrated might be some of the most improperly used terms in basketball (sports) discussion. If people don't like a player, they say they are "overrated", well if most people are rating them the say way you are, but they just don't hate the player, that's not being overrated.

Do people consider the T-Wolves bench horrible and the worst in the league? That would be underrating, if people just think they are okay, but nothing special, then until something otherwise is proven, that seems like a pretty fair rating don't you think?

The Wolves had one of the worst benches in the league last season, so I'm pretty sure the OP is using that as a barometer. Hell, they've had awful depth for years.

No doubt, but nowhere to go but up from one of the worst
Austincys21
Veteran
And1: 733

Post#27 » by Austincys21 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:38 pm

rasta_marley wrote:
Austincys21 wrote:They're decent but do they have chemistry ? Prob not. I Think they will be legit when Dieng becomes the starter, Rubio improves and can bea consistent 15 ppg scorer, and Wiggins becomes a star. I say 2 years they make the playoffs

Anything is possible but this is the west I would go more with 3 years.

2-3 years yeah
BigFatBob
Banned User
And1: 341

Post#28 » by BigFatBob » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:06 pm

WolvesGuy14 wrote:
BigFatBob wrote:The Wolves are going to suck this year. There basically a team full of no-names right now.

Yeah, Rubio, Martin, Pek, Wiggins, Brewer, Budinger, Bennett, Young, Dieng.... Nobody knows their names...

Yup, the casual fan probably wouldn't know any of them. They might know Kevin Martin because he's been to the playoffs before.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#29 » by Takingbaconback » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:11 pm

BigFatBob wrote:
WolvesGuy14 wrote:

Yup, the casual fan probably wouldn't know any of them. They might know Kevin Martin because he's been to the playoffs before.

By casual basketball fan, do you mean those bandwagon observers that only come out when their team makes the playoffs? Or maybe people who work for ESPN? I feel like 99% of realgm knows who these guys are.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Takingbaconback » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:42 pm

The-Power wrote:Things or players can only be underrated if people actually rate them. I don't see much talk about the Wolves bench and I dare say most people really don't care that much. So no, Wolves bench ain't underrated.

Better title would probably be: 'Look, our bench! Me likey.'

rofl is this really coming from a warriors fan? splash bros/who is best backcourt/who is best shooter in NBA posts coming out every other week. I don't even know what's wrong with discussing how overlooked a bench is, what's the point about talking abotu anyone on the warriors other than Curry? They haven't even gone to the WCF, nobody really gives a crap about them other than warrior fans.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,093

Post#31 » by The-Power » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
The-Power wrote:Things or players can only be underrated if people actually rate them. I don't see much talk about the Wolves bench and I dare say most people really don't care that much. So no, Wolves bench ain't underrated.

rofl is this really coming from a warriors fan? splash bros/who is best backcourt/who is best shooter in NBA posts coming out every other week.

Yeah, okay. What exactly does your comment have to do with my post? Nothing I guess?
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#32 » by Merc_Porto » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:47 pm

naabzor wrote:Mo Williams is not better thn JJ, no way. :evil:

That is Funny :D
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#33 » by Takingbaconback » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:49 pm

The-Power wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:

rofl is this really coming from a warriors fan? splash bros/who is best backcourt/who is best shooter in NBA posts coming out every other week.

Yeah, okay. What exactly does your comment have to do with my post? Nothing I guess?

Something like you are ignorant and hypocrite. I don't see how any of these posts are really worth talking about unless LeBron, Kobe, or Spurs is in it according to your logic.

Better avatar for you would probably be "Look at my picture oh please look at my picture". Does that even make sense? Not really.

Btw what does your comment have anything to do with the OP's question? Nothing at all.
WolvesGuy14
Sixth Man

Post#34 » by WolvesGuy14 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:54 pm

BigFatBob wrote:
WolvesGuy14 wrote:

Heck, I didn't even add Bazz (the #1 prospect coming out of High School). Come on, you're just making yourself look b bad by pretending these guys are no namers. Wiggins is a huge name, Brewer was on a repeat NCAA championship, Young was in the playoffs, Rubio is a 10 year pro, Bennett the #1 pick last year, etc.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,093

Post#35 » by The-Power » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
The-Power wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:

Something like you are ignorant and hypocrite. I don't see how any of these posts are really worth talking about unless LeBron, Kobe, or Spurs is in it according to your logic.

Better avatar for you would probably be "Look at my picture oh please look at my picture". Does that even make sense? Not really.

Btw what does your comment have anything to do with the OP's question? Nothing at all.

I responded directly to the question in the title. It's not my problem if you don't understand what I was saying since other people didn't have this problem apparently. However, your comment was, to put it mildly, a good bit off target. But I'm fine with it, go on if you feel like.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#36 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:11 pm

TrueStoryGSW wrote:Their bench is good... problem is their starters are barely better than their bench..

this is correct
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#37 » by cpfsf » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:40 pm

the bench got better. the starting lineup got worse.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#38 » by funkatron101 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:01 pm

I'm not ready to make any proclamations until at least 10 games into the season.

On paper, they look improved. I've said that every year, and this piece of paper is worthless.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Hans Embiid
Banned User
And1: 1,217

Post#39 » by Hans Embiid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Even though their bench has improved they will be a bottom 5 team in the league.

Predict a 29-53 record.
BigFatBob
Banned User
And1: 341

Post#40 » by BigFatBob » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:15 am

WolvesGuy14 wrote:
BigFatBob wrote:
WolvesGuy14 wrote:

Heck, I didn't even add Bazz (the #1 prospect coming out of High School). Come on, you're just making yourself look b bad by pretending these guys are no namers. Wiggins is a huge name, Brewer was on a repeat NCAA championship, Young was in the playoffs, Rubio is a 10 year pro, Young the #1 pick last year, etc.

You may be right about Wiggins, but everyone forgot about Bazz, Brewer and Young.

Return to The General Board