Nash out for entire season

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,672

Re: Nash out for entire season 

Post#161 » by hyper316 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:03 am

nash was having back problems in PHX, i remember him stretching on the floor whenever he's not on the court during games. PHX medical staff worked their magic on Nash, Amare, Grant Hill, and others by extending their careers
baki
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#162 » by baki » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:25 am

cmw17 wrote:
Rob Diaz wrote:Isn't this the same Nash that has been getting paid a ton of money to not play basketball the past 2 years and will continue to get paid a load of money this season?

Isn't Nash the same guy that has been ducking his child support and has been a neglectful father the past few years?

Ya, not sure why anybody feels bad.

OMG, White guy that makes funny videos, must be a class act!!

:nonono: Why doesn't it surprise me that the a-hole who wrote this asinine BS has a Spurs logo next his name?

I actually don't think he's a Spurs fan at all.

His posts are very troll-like and almost always negative. The Mods should really look into it because I suspect that he comes from a place that a lot of us don't like.
* Since 1985, Jeremy Lin became one of 15 players to have scored at least 20 points, seven assists and a steal for six games in a row, including 136 points in 5 starts beating out Iverson, Jordan and O'Neal :D
baki
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#163 » by baki » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:28 am

As for Nash, it breaks me that I might not ever see him play basketball again. He's one of those guys that really deserves a taste of an NBA championship after winning 2 MVP awards that he FULLY DESERVED.
* Since 1985, Jeremy Lin became one of 15 players to have scored at least 20 points, seven assists and a steal for six games in a row, including 136 points in 5 starts beating out Iverson, Jordan and O'Neal :D
cmw17
Pro Prospect
And1: 70

Post#164 » by cmw17 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:36 am

baki wrote:
cmw17 wrote:
Rob Diaz wrote:Isn't this the same Nash that has been getting paid a ton of money to not play basketball the past 2 years and will continue to get paid a load of money this season?

Isn't Nash the same guy that has been ducking his child support and has been a neglectful father the past few years?

Ya, not sure why anybody feels bad.

OMG, White guy that makes funny videos, must be a class act!!

:nonono: Why doesn't it surprise me that the a-hole who wrote this asinine BS has a Spurs logo next his name?

I actually don't think he's a Spurs fan at all.

His posts are very troll-like and almost always negative. The Mods should really look into it because I suspect that he comes from a place that a lot of us don't like.

The troll has a Spurs logo next to his username.
Frank Lee wrote:I have confidence with the front office's ability
cmw17
Pro Prospect

Post#165 » by cmw17 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:36 am

baki wrote:As for Nash, it breaks me that I might not ever see him play basketball again. He's one of those guys that really deserves a taste of an NBA championship after winning 2 MVP awards that he FULLY DESERVED.

More than anyone. Dude beat all the odds just making it to the NBA let alone dominating it. He got one scholarship offer from Santa f'n Clara. You got guys with insane size in the league, insane athleticism, here's some guy with nothing handed to him, and he made it by pure hard work and dedication to his craft. Perfecting his skills so much that he became arguably the greatest Passer AND Shooter that the game has ever seen. He Redefined the pure point guard role at a time the league was a me-first PG league (AI, Francis, Marbury, etc.) And his Court vision and B-ball IQ is absolutely off the charts - GM's voted him #1 in the league. And beyond all that, just a really nice guy who always put everyone ahead of himself and deserved it a lot more than the majority of a-holes in the league.
cmw17
Pro Prospect

Post#166 » by cmw17 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:52 am

hyper316 wrote:nash was having back problems in PHX, i remember him stretching on the floor whenever he's not on the court during games. PHX medical staff worked their magic on Nash, Amare, Grant Hill, and others by extending their careers

No, that's his spondylolisthesis condition that he's had even before his Suns days. Because of that condition, he lies on his back rather than sitting on the bench to keep his muscles from stiffening. He's done that forever, that's not what's going on with him now. All his issues now are due to his nerve root problem that he suffered after colliding with Lillard and breaking his leg. Nash was 100% healthy going into his first season with the Lakers until that fluke career-ending injury happened.
BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#167 » by BJGOAT3 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:00 am

No need to be bitter about Nash, great player who I would like to see on the court before he retired. Hopefully he will get a minimum with the Suns, play one game and retire next year.

As for the Lakers, Nash isn't responsible of their abysmal situation anyways. He didn't contribute at all but he wasn't the one demanding for those 1st rounders to be dealt for him. Saying that he's sticking around just for the money is trivialising the situation, you can't blame a guy for wanting to play for the last time in his career.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#168 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:00 am

DoubleLintendre wrote:Can the Lakers just release him, and the Suns sign him off waivers?

He'd be ready to play again in 2 weeks.

Damn, Nash is my favorite player of all time. It will be sad to see him limp off into the sunset with this injury.

Yeah I'd love to see him retire a Sun or Maverick. He just never fit the Lakers.
joediamond
Banned User
And1: 404

Post#169 » by joediamond » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:20 am

Cyrusman122000 wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
Cyrusman122000 wrote:I'm gonna sound like a complete **** for saying this but good riddance!

Karma is a bitch. That's what you get for robbing a franchise 30 million dollars while you make a documentary during the season last year, and get to kick back in your home town of Vancouver DURING THE SEASON

Wrong post on so many levels. So Rose has been robbing his franchise for the last two years? Or Kobe robbed the Lakers last year? Or every injured player robs their franchise?

Also, you clearly don't know anything about Nash and his injury. He was working hard to get back on the court. He wasn't kicking it back. His documentary actually documents his injuries and him trying to come back.

Kobe Bryant and Derrick Rose have actually done many things for their respective teams though. What the hell has nash done for the Lakers other than cash checks? Why couldn't he rehab in L.A instead of beautiful Vancouver his hometown? Also what players makes a documentary like that about themselves DURING the season? Pretty much on company time. Why did he need to make that? Also all summer long I've heard about how Nash is doing great, playing soccer during the offseason in different parts of the world, yet all of a sudden he has a season ending injury "carrying luggage"? I also have a very difficult time believing he works that hard to come back from injuries. Otherwise he wouldn't have gone from being one of the most durable players to being probably the least serviceable (on court) NBA player i've ever seen in a soon to be 3 year stretch in my life.

image sharing
Pan Jia Yuan
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,859

Post#170 » by Pan Jia Yuan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:25 am

Ouch. He only played 65 games for the Lakers, 65 of (3x82 =) 246. That's... ouch.
Horrible way to retire, he deserves better. But it kinda fits to the rest of his career, insofar as it was a pretty uncommon career: late bloomer, had to leave powerhouse Dallas where he was undoubtedly a star, won two MVPs without making a final, and then this underwhelming stint with the Lakers. Great player, great career, but a tad underwhelming if you ask me. :ouch:
I've come to the conclusion that most folks don't really care that you broke one of the rules... they just enjoy telling you that you broke it.
devmil
Senior
And1: 82

Post#171 » by devmil » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:44 am

Seriously, threads like this makes me wonder why I follow NBA. There were dozens of threads belittling Kobe and what he has done throughout his career in a span of a week from ESPN, this site and others. The minute anyone dares to talk anything negative about Nash or argue against his greatness. You are just labelled as "me".
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#172 » by leolozon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:03 pm

Pan Jia Yuan wrote:Ouch. He only played 65 games for the Lakers, 65 of (3x82 =) 246. That's... ouch.
Horrible way to retire, he deserves better. But it kinda fits to the rest of his career, insofar as it was a pretty uncommon career: late bloomer, had to leave powerhouse Dallas where he was undoubtedly a star, won two MVPs without making a final, and then this underwhelming stint with the Lakers. Great player, great career, but a tad underwhelming if you ask me. :ouch:

How can it be underwhelming when he wasn't even supposed to be a good player in the NBA, let alone a Hall of Famer? He barely played in his first years in the NBA.

He would have had a better career if he just stayed in Phoenix and didn't collide with Lillard. In that case, I don't see why he couldn't have average 10 and 10 for another 2 years and get to 12 000 assists. But… he already went way way above what was expected of him when he came into the league.
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#173 » by WhateverBro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Pan Jia Yuan wrote:Ouch. He only played 65 games for the Lakers, 65 of (3x82 =) 246. That's... ouch.

Underwhelming!? The guy is one of the most prolific passers in league history, lead some of the best offenses this league have ever seen and won two MVPs! There is nothing underwhelming about Nash career.

One of the best PGs to lace them up. Brilliant player and one of the GOAT offensive players. It's a shame to see alot of people in this thread bashing him and laughing at him becoming old and riddled with injuries. Are you guys the kind of people that laugh at your grandparents for not being able to do the things they were able to do when they were younger too? :banghead:

Great career and the best PG of the 2000s.
Pan Jia Yuan
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,859

Post#174 » by Pan Jia Yuan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:24 pm

leolozon wrote:How can it be underwhelming when he wasn't even supposed to be a good player in the NBA, let alone a Hall of Famer? He barely played in his first years in the NBA.

Well, the benchmark is obviously not "becoming a good player". What is the benchmark for a two-time MVP?

He struggled early in his career - underwhelming.
Cuban sent him away - underwhelming.
He didn't make the finals once with Phoenix - underwhelming.
He barely played for the Lakers - underwhelming.

Overall great career, but very uncommon and ultimately a tad underwhelming.
I've come to the conclusion that most folks don't really care that you broke one of the rules... they just enjoy telling you that you broke it.
Masigond
Sixth Man
And1: 573

Post#175 » by Masigond » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:35 pm

cmw17 wrote:He Redefined the pure point guard role at a time the league was a me-first PG league (AI, Francis, Marbury, etc.) And his Court vision and B-ball IQ is absolutely off the charts - GM's voted him #1 in the league. And beyond all that, just a really nice guy who always put everyone ahead of himself and deserved it a lot more than the majority of a-holes in the league.

I wouldn't go that far.
It was less Nash redefining the pure PG role rather than a short period when there were a couple of very athletic high-scoring me-first PGs who became stars and who were paid very well for their spectacular albeit limited impersonation of Jordan('s highlight tapes).
But the more or less pure PGs were still around. Stockton was playing in two NBA Finals when Nash was still fighting for playtime in the NBA. There was a championship team with a guy like Avery Johnson running the plays, and quite successful Pacers with Mark Jackson. And don't forget Payton and Kidd with whom Nash was working out before entering the NBA, or guys like Andre Miller.

All that Nash truly did was outlasting the me-first PGs, finally getting in the perfect environment that let him play up to his strengths (unfortunately that was not the case when he was with the Mavs as Nelson was too much in love with unorthodox plays, thus taking the ball out of Nash's hands) and showing superb shooting skills (what made him a different player on offense than Kidd, for example).
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#176 » by Sofa King » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Teh-Monkey-Man wrote:So sad to see a great go out like this... :(

I officially hate Julius Randle for not doing his damn job as a rookie!

Better Nash to get hurt than Julius Randle. Dont mess with Samsonite.
cmw17
Pro Prospect

Post#177 » by cmw17 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Masigond wrote:
cmw17 wrote:He Redefined the pure point guard role at a time the league was a me-first PG league (AI, Francis, Marbury, etc.) And his Court vision and B-ball IQ is absolutely off the charts - GM's voted him #1 in the league. And beyond all that, just a really nice guy who always put everyone ahead of himself and deserved it a lot more than the majority of a-holes in the league.

I wouldn't go that far.
It was less Nash redefining the pure PG role rather than a short period when there were a couple of very athletic high-scoring me-first PGs who became stars and who were paid very well for their spectacular albeit limited impersonation of Jordan('s highlight tapes).
But the more or less pure PGs were still around. Stockton was playing in two NBA Finals when Nash was still fighting for playtime in the NBA. There was a championship team with a guy like Avery Johnson running the plays, and quite successful Pacers with Mark Jackson. And don't forget Payton and Kidd with whom Nash was working out before entering the NBA, or guys like Andre Miller.

All that Nash truly did was outlasting the me-first PGs, finally getting in the perfect environment that let him play up to his strengths (unfortunately that was not the case when he was with the Mavs as Nelson was too much in love with unorthodox plays, thus taking the ball out of Nash's hands) and showing superb shooting skills (what made him a different player on offense than Kidd, for example).

Well I didn't say he invented it, but my point was in a time when it wasn't "fashionable" to be a pure point guard, he made it so. you're going back to his rookie days and mavs days, I'm talking about during his 2nd Tenure with and Peak years with the Suns, he made it popular to be a pure point guard again.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#178 » by Sofa King » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:46 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:Sigh...Lakers fans bashing on nash. The guys career is over. And all you can do is hate on him.

I hate kobe to death but he if he got injured or his career ended I wouldn't bad mouth him. Same goes for any player.

Nashes career wasn't with the lakers it was with phoenix.

Yall are some sick people over in LA.

I trade you a future HOFer for draft picks and the guy barely plays due ti unfortunate injuries. Sure hes a great guy and a classic act but that trade sets your whole franchise back. You would feel slighted and rightfully so.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#179 » by snoopdogg88 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:49 pm

i don't know why people have to be so sensitive about Nash.

Sorry I'm not hero worshipping him. After hearing about his child support issues and the situation with his kids over the last couple years, i'm not convinced he's such a great guy
KokoKaizer
Sixth Man
And1: 2,153

Post#180 » by KokoKaizer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Sofa King wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:Sigh...Lakers fans bashing on nash. The guys career is over. And all you can do is hate on him.

I hate kobe to death but he if he got injured or his career ended I wouldn't bad mouth him. Same goes for any player.

Nashes career wasn't with the lakers it was with phoenix.

Yall are some sick people over in LA.

I trade you a future HOFer for draft picks and the guy barely plays due ti unfortunate injuries. Sure hes a great guy and a classic act but that trade sets your whole franchise back. You would feel slighted and rightfully so.

Then put your "hate" on the decision makers... Awfull decisions in a row...

Lakers miss the old Doc Buss badly

Return to The General Board