Kobe classic quote on Nash

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Re: Kobe classic quote on Nash 

Post#41 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:00 am

LloydFree wrote:Wherever he is ultimately ranked, I'm sure he will be overrated like much of his career.

I actually think he was underrated offensively in a lot of respects. Dude ran the number one offense in the league for a decade spanning two different teams. I could be way off but his team was #1 offensively for a bunch of years in a row. Also had a dropoff when he wasn't playing.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#42 » by Sofa King » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:26 am

Ettorefm wrote:Not just #3 All time assists, but greatest shooting PG in history (regarding relevant, elite players...sure there is some role player who hits 60% of their 2 shots a game), 2x MVP, took his team from 29 to 62 wins just by him arriving there...
Also, Kobe's an idiot. The question was not about you, you self-centered tool. It was about showing some respect for Steve Nash, and he made it about him
"Hey, isn't steve Nash great? talk about it, please, as you know him"
"Yo, Imma let you finish, but ESPN is stupid in their rankings...look at what they do to me every year"
Kanye Bryant, at your services

:violin:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/525874882744037376[/tweet]
The Realist
Starter
And1: 1,496

Post#43 » by The Realist » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:54 am

Kobe getting mad with ESPN ranking him too high? :crazy:
meh
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#44 » by ardee » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:59 am

Lol I can't wait for Kobe's first 40 point game and how he's gonna call out ESPN after.
Cycklops
Sixth Man
And1: 2,080

Post#45 » by Cycklops » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:49 am

Not sure what Kobe wants to do after basketball, but if he has any interest in a media job of any type or in how he's perceived after he's retired...he REALLY shouldn't be ticking off ESPN.

There's an old saying that you shouldn't piss off people who buy ink by the barrel. Different age now, but the concept still applies completely.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#46 » by Dez » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:09 am

LloydFree wrote:Wherever he is ultimately ranked, I'm sure he will be overrated like much of his career.

No, you're mistaken.

He was the one making people overrated, made his teammates look like stars.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,635

Post#47 » by C_Money » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:32 am

You guys need to read Phil Jackson's book 'The Last Season' and you will see just how much of a douche Kobe is.
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#48 » by Sofa King » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:38 am

C_Money wrote:You guys need to read Phil Jackson's book 'The Last Season' and you will see just how much of a douche Kobe is.

He's so much of a douche, Phil went back to coach this d-bag again and won 2 more rings. :naaa:
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,635

Post#49 » by C_Money » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:47 am

Sofa King wrote:
C_Money wrote:You guys need to read Phil Jackson's book 'The Last Season' and you will see just how much of a douche Kobe is.

He's so much of a douche, Phil went back to coach this d-bag again and won 2 more rings. :naaa:

Yeah it doesn't mean he likes the guy. Because I can guarantee you he doesn't. Cool smilie though. Went all the way to page 3 for that one.
Pan Jia Yuan
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,859

Post#50 » by Pan Jia Yuan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:59 am

That's actually a smart statement. Players, coaches and fans in their right mind don't give the slightest crap about rankings. It's a media invention to sell you stories. It's a way to simplify sports, almost comic-like. It fits the celebrity-driven agenda of American culture, but it doesn't help to understand sports, or politics, or any other aspects of this world.

It's no secret though that Kobe is full of this superficial stuff (remember this "12/25" nonsense?), so he's just mad at ESPN.
I've come to the conclusion that most folks don't really care that you broke one of the rules... they just enjoy telling you that you broke it.
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#51 » by Rosque » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:48 am

Baiting GIF
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
MegaDeal
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#52 » by MegaDeal » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:46 am

It's a QUOTE taken from a conversation. I'm sure there was more to what he had to say but for the sake of bashing Kobe this was the only thing quoted. What is the big deal. Give the Kobe hating a rest already.
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#53 » by Sofa King » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:38 pm

C_Money wrote:
Sofa King wrote:

Yeah it doesn't mean he likes the guy. Because I can guarantee you he doesn't. Cool smilie though. Went all the way to page 3 for that one.

Im interested in your guarantee. Where is it?
lbjmiami
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#54 » by lbjmiami » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Was never a Kobe fan for this reason.
I joined this forum in 2010 when Lebron joined MIA. I don't know why my join date has changed, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thank you.
thinktellectual
Rookie
And1: 726

Post#55 » by thinktellectual » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:02 pm

pacers33granger wrote:I bet both Kobe and Nash don't care one bit about "rankings."

Obviously Kobe doesn't care about rankings.
That's why he keeps bitching about it.
Everybody knows that when you don't care about something, you can't stop talking/complaining about it.

I'll agree with you that Nash probably doesn't care that much - but if you think Nash doesn't have an ego, you are living in a fantasy world. If you (or someone who's opinion he cares about) told him to his face that he was ranked behind Mo Williams, he'd be pissed, even if he might try to play it off like he didn't care.

And I'll agree with you that Kobe doesn't care ... about Nash's ranking.
Unless you put Nash ahead of him. In which case, you might read in some paper soon about how thoroughly he beat Nash 1 on 1 about 15 years ago and how Nash didn't even cross midcourt against him.
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#56 » by Sofa King » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:18 pm

Sofa King wrote:
C_Money wrote:
Sofa King wrote:

Im interested in your guarantee. Where is it?

Almost a year ago, Kobe and Phil had a breakfast date together.

Kobe and Phil have had a complicated relationship over the years ... which Phil touched upon in his book, "Eleven Rings," which he released back in May.

In the book, Phil wrote that Michael was a better shooter, defender and overall leader than Kobe ... which some people interpreted as a slight against the Mamba.

But at breakfast yesterday, the two seemed as chummy as ever ... talking about basketball while scarfing down their meal.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/25/phil-jack ... -who-paid/

You may have meant more recently Phil doesn't like Kobe....

But oh wait, PJ had this to say about the guy he didn't like...

Q: Is Kobe Bryant the model for Carmelo Anthony?
A: No. No one can approach that. I don't expect anybody to be able to model their behavior after that, although Kobe modeled his behavior a lot about Michael Jordan, but he went beyond Michael in his attitude towards training, and I know Mike would probably question me saying that, but he did.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... n-training

Then PJ went on to say this odd statement on tweeter after some article insisting Kobe as the reason for the Lakers' downfall...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/status/524678101989851136[/tweet]

So one must conclude based on all that I have posted, your guarantee doesn't account to much.
MegaDeal
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#57 » by MegaDeal » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:37 pm

lbjmiami wrote:Was never a Kobe fan for this reason.

Oh really? At least to my recollection, which consists of 19 years of following his career, Kobe has always been fairly complimentary towards other players . Try again.

Btw- Who was your favorite team last year? Are you a Cavs fan or a Heat fan. I'm confused.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#58 » by EArl » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:45 pm

C_Money wrote:
Sofa King wrote:

Phil isn't the nicest guy in the world either if were going there.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#59 » by EArl » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:48 pm

MegaDeal wrote:
lbjmiami wrote:Was never a Kobe fan for this reason.

Who was your favorite team last year?

Life Long Cavs fan
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#60 » by StocktonShorts » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:16 pm

MegaDeal wrote:It's a QUOTE taken from a conversation. I'm sure there was more to what he had to say but for the sake of bashing Kobe this was the only thing quoted. What is the big deal. Give the Kobe hating a rest already.

I posted this naïvely thinking people would universally find it funny or at least amusing. I honestly did not expect the amount of Nash and Kobe bashing that would result. I should've known better.

Like I said, I was naïve.

Return to The General Board