If your teams gets beat by the 76ers

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,817

Re: If your teams gets beat by the 76ers 

Post#21 » by SaveTheHens » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:38 pm

TrueStoryGSW wrote:Its simple, put some money on the sixers.

Win-win situation.

A couple bucks won't solve that feeling. And if you win you'll feel stupid for betting on the sixes.

Lose-lose situation.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#22 » by improper » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:41 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Well, they aren't going to go 0-82.

^^

The Sixers are going to win some basketball games this year. It won't be pretty, and I sure as hell won't be watching it, but it will happen.
PDX MM
Veteran
And1: 959

Post#23 » by PDX MM » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
PDX MM wrote:I actually felt a little bad for how badly we beat them on their floor last year but when they came to our house and won I was angry, sad, and confused. Losing is one thing but how we lost that game made it even worse. However since they won't lose every game they play someone will know what it is like to lose to a team that is trying to lose on purpose.

I still don't understand how that happened. Most unexplainable win of last year.

Classic overlooking the team you are playing and looking toward the next game which was against OKC I think. We thought we had to only show up and the game was won. We win that game and we have home court in the first round so just goes to show that every game does matter. And to the 76ers credit they did come out with some fire in that game. For a team that didn't want to win I think they did want that game.
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#24 » by KD35Brah » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:46 pm

JVL wrote:Feel like trading for Kendrick Perkins.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#25 » by skywalker33 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:49 pm

I'd bet some of the D-league or NCAA teams could beat the Sixers this year, at least give them a good game..... :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#26 » by dorkestra » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:52 pm

As a Sixer fan, I expect to be beaten by the Sixers throughout the entire season.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
GallagherArt
Pro Prospect
And1: 838

Post#27 » by GallagherArt » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:55 pm

skywalker33 wrote:I'd bet some of the D-league or NCAA teams could beat the Sixers this year, at least give them a good game..... :lol:

Nah. I realize tripe is used for humor, however if someone truly believes this than they're not very bright. Not specifying you, ended your post with an lol, however I've read this occasionally and I'm sure someone has posted in authenticity.
TRUST THE PROCESS
SIC
Senior
And1: 208

Post#28 » by SIC » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:03 pm

This is ridiculous.

Last year 76ers beat
MIA
WAS
CHI
HOU
BRK
POR
CHA

All playoff teams last year.

Like some one else said 76ers are NOT going 0-82.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#29 » by Kobblehead » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:14 pm

2nd games of back-to-backs against the Sixers are gonna be annoying for veteran teams. Alot of youth, athleticism, and energy.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#30 » by Phila Tough » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:19 pm

SIC wrote:This is ridiculous.

Last year 76ers beat
MIA
WAS
CHI
HOU
BRK
POR
CHA

It's the kick somebody while they're down approach. It's obviously agenda driven. Usually by fans of other loser teams.
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,244

Post#31 » by Archerbro » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Last year 76ers beat
MIA
WAS
CHI
HOU
BRK
POR
CHA

agreed, but keep in mind that MiA game was very early on in the season when the sixers running was catching alot of teams offguard,

and only two of those teams playoff teams are in the west. (remember some eastern playoff teams last year probably weren't better than phx, or even possibly Minny)
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#32 » by TrueStoryGSW » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:22 pm

SaveTheHens wrote:
TrueStoryGSW wrote:Its simple, put some money on the sixers.

Win-win situation.

A couple bucks won't solve that feeling. And if you win you'll feel stupid for betting on the sixes.

Lose-lose situation.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/youtube]
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#33 » by goodboy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:25 pm

JustDwight wrote:How would you feel?

Bright
JustDwight
Starter
And1: 111

Post#34 » by JustDwight » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Lurk Nowitzki wrote:

Last year 76ers beat
MIA
WAS
CHI
HOU
BRK
POR
CHA

It's the kick somebody while they're down approach. It's obviously agenda driven. Usually by fans of other loser teams.

No man, it's just for fun. Your team is obviously trying to lose, as such, if another teams looses to a team with that mentality, it's a tougher loss to swallow than usual. If you are offended, I apologize.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#35 » by Dark Faze » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:41 pm

I don't think they win more than 3 games before MCW gets back. The talent level is tremendously lower this year compared to last. MCW/Thad/Hawes had enough NBA talent to be able to take advantage of teams that were sleeping. This years philly squad without MCW is going to have a hard time beating teams even on their worst days on back to backs.

The only hope is that Noel somehow summons offensive abilities we've never seen before in combination with Wroten breaking out, but short of that they are going to get beat down by anyone other than maybe the Pacers.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,807

Post#36 » by Mik317 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:00 pm

JustDwight wrote:
Lurk Nowitzki wrote:

Last year 76ers beat
MIA
WAS
CHI
HOU
BRK
POR
CHA

No man, it's just for fun. Your team is obviously trying to lose, as such, if another teams looses to a team with that mentality, it's a tougher loss to swallow than usual. If you are offended, I apologize.

The team itself is trying to win. Coach Brown wants to win. The players want to win as many of them are playing for their careers. So while the product is gutter trash for sure and the front office wanted it that way, the actual guys out there putting in work will being trying to win. They aren't going to throw games...
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#37 » by ckchen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:05 pm

PDX MM wrote:I actually felt a little bad for how badly we beat them on their floor last year but when they came to our house and won I was angry, sad, and confused. Losing is one thing but how we lost that game made it even worse. However since they won't lose every game they play someone will know what it is like to lose to a team that is trying to lose on purpose.

I have to say that every single person who uses the phrase "trying to lose on purpose" is just blowing the issue out of proportion. Just like they didn't lose every single game last year - there will absolutely never be a single time or game that the Sixers will "try to lose on purpose" - this turn of phrase is what angers me the most. Belittle the roster, say "I will feel terrible losing to a team with such a terrible roster." That, I'm totally okay with. But saying "trying to lose on purpose" implies that the players on the court won't be trying to win, or even worse that they would be throwing games. And that is an out and out misrepresentationm and p*sses me off when people say that.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Post#38 » by jbk1234 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:06 pm

Last year 76ers beat
MIA
WAS
CHI
HOU
BRK
POR
CHA

That team had Hawes, Turner and Young.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
PDX MM
Veteran
And1: 959

Post#39 » by PDX MM » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:14 pm

ckchen wrote:

I have to say that every single person who uses the phrase "trying to lose on purpose" is just blowing the issue out of proportion. Just like they didn't lose every single game last year - there will absolutely never be a single time or game that the Sixers will "try to lose on purpose" - this turn of phrase is what angers me the most. Belittle the roster, say "I will feel terrible losing to a team with such a terrible roster." That, I'm totally okay with. But saying "trying to lose on purpose" implies that the players on the court won't be trying to win, or even worse that they would be throwing games. And that is an out and out misrepresentationm and p*sses me off when people say that.

The players are not trying to lose on purpose I will give you that but the front office is a different story. Overall the goal was to have the worst record possible and that is not a sign of a winning mentality. If phrases like the one I used makes you mad I suggest you express that toward the team and not people like me who only call it like we see it.
GallagherArt
Pro Prospect
And1: 838

Post#40 » by GallagherArt » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:19 pm

jbk1234 wrote:That team had Hawes, Turner and Young.

Now they have Nerlens Noel, Henry Sims, Luc Mbah a Moute, KJ McDaniels, among others. Sure, the names are more obscure and some unproven, however Thad Young is the only player that I'd say for certain is better than those current 4 players. Turner was awful last season, even for the Sixers, Sims for Philly outplayed Hawes for either of his teams last season, I don't suspect as much of a cliff dive as others do apparently.
TRUST THE PROCESS

Return to The General Board