LeBrons New Nike Ad

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

My Main Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,498

Re: LeBrons New Nike Ad 

Post#61 » by My Main Man » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:45 pm

It's not necessarily hate. Personally, I'm really excited to watch the Cavs this year. I enjoy Lebron and am well aware that I'm lucky enough to be able to watch one of the greatest players of all time. That said, the whole 'hugging eachother rah rah unity' thing is such a simple marketing trick that it's impossible for me to not see past the cheesiness.

EDIT: I'm well aware that I'm jaded beyond even my own comprehension. If you enjoy it, that's cool. I'm sure I'd feel slightly different if I was from Cleveland.
Al Swearengen
Starter
And1: 729

Post#62 » by Al Swearengen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:52 pm

It's a good commercial. We don't always have to be cynical just to prove we are more clever than "average" people. Yes, the commercial is sentimental and appeals to emotion; no, it doesn't take a genius to decipher that.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,818

Post#63 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Ugalde wrote:Well done but I wasnt really feeling it. Probably just because I'm not really a "where I'm from" kind of guy.

obviously not from Texas then
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
CAVS ARE BACK
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#64 » by CAVS ARE BACK » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:20 pm

This ad was made for the people of Cleveland.

Cleveland is loyal to Cleveland sports. Should we continue to hate on LeBron, or get excited for high caliber basketball?

I watched Marry Harris, Ryan Hollins, and a host of scrubs suck it up since 2010-2011. Scrubs are gone. Cleveland loves a team that plays its guts out, and Cleveland is pumped and ready watch an exciting season.
westbricc
Sophomore
And1: 135

Post#65 » by westbricc » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:27 pm

that was pretty dope.
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,683

Post#66 » by alevirfe » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:47 pm

This was so lame and over the top. It's god damn basketball, why so dramatic?
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#67 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:16 pm

One of my friends sent me this. Literally gave me chills. Really looking forward to watching (all of) the Cavs' games this year.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#68 » by Next Coming » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:28 pm

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS IS UNREAL. Peep Kyrie looking back when the dude creeps up behind him.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,231

Post#69 » by EArl » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:34 pm

That nike propaganda. Lebrons pr team must be paid well.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
PMFJB
Banned User
And1: 647

Post#70 » by PMFJB » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:54 pm

Lebron is just a phony athlete to me. That takes away NOTHING from his basketball talent but as a human being he is the fakest I have seen in a while. I grew up with Magic, Bird, MJ even guys like AI who I don't think were that good basketball talent wise and a dummy were more real to me.

This guy and his PR just scream phony to me. Again I know he is a top 10 level basketball player but his act is getting old.

Edit: If you are a young kid I get that this behavior is normal to you and you have nothing to compare it to. That is not your fault. But for us old guys who have seen more than 1 top 10 player all time in our lifetime we know when we see a phony.
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#71 » by gino_giode » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:03 pm

Never thought I'd say it, but here's a commercial that makes me envious of being from Cleveland :lol:
mollysand
Sophomore
And1: 202

Post#72 » by mollysand » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:05 pm

Akron here.

whatever, we got ours in the Beats commercial.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#73 » by PCProductions » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 pm

I thought it was a nice, inspirational commercial when I saw it. I was curious to see how RealGM would criticize it.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#74 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:42 pm

It's an ok ad.

That said, as a Heat fan, the extreme positivity this is all being presented with in the mainstream media is a bit eyerolling. Get the guy for 4 years (and it was awesome basketball, make no mistake), everyone hates you. He leaves, everyone still hates you, and loves Cleveland. OK. Also, this perception that everyone from Miami is fake and goes to the games late, and everyone in Cleveland is a loveable working class guy who deserves everything he gets, makes me want to throw up.
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,849

Post#75 » by Zeitgeister » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:43 pm

Trent Reznor carried that commercial. :P
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#76 » by Ugalde » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:29 pm

PMFJB wrote:Lebron is just a phony athlete to me. That takes away NOTHING from his basketball talent but as a human being he is the fakest I have seen in a while. I grew up with Magic, Bird, MJ even guys like AI who I don't think were that good basketball talent wise and a dummy were more real to me.

This guy and his PR just scream phony to me. Again I know he is a top 10 level basketball player but his act is getting old.

Edit: If you are a young kid I get that this behavior is normal to you and you have nothing to compare it to. That is not your fault. But for us old guys who have seen more than 1 top 10 player all time in our lifetime we know when we see a phony.

See I agree 100% about not liking phony player and I personally hate all these players that always say the same crap. But I get a feeling that you, and correct me if I'm wrong, would be the same person that would hate on LeBron ten fold if he said some ignorant thing like "I'm the best". You're probably the same person that hates on his "Chosen One" tattoo and then wonder why player pretend they're not like that.
politics
to many 3s
PMFJB
Banned User
And1: 647

Post#77 » by PMFJB » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:36 pm

Ugalde wrote:
PMFJB wrote:Lebron is just a phony athlete to me. That takes away NOTHING from his basketball talent but as a human being he is the fakest I have seen in a while. I grew up with Magic, Bird, MJ even guys like AI who I don't think were that good basketball talent wise and a dummy were more real to me.

See I agree 100% about not liking phony player and I personally hate all these players that always say the same crap. But I get a feeling that you, and correct me if I'm wrong, would be the same person that would hate on LeBron ten fold if he said some ignorant thing like "I'm the best". You're probably the same person that hates on his "Chosen One" tattoo and then wonder why player pretend they're not like that.

Notsureiflastpartenglishornot.gif

As far as Lebron his whole personality and what he says is scripted. It doesn't feel real. His PR team says do this/say that and he does to put up this fake persona.

Kobe for example is a psychopath. Probably wouldn't like hanging out with him. But he is real to me. He is not a phony. You know who Kobe is. He is a psychopath who would kill everyone on the court to win. Is that the best trait? I don't know but at least it feels like its a real person not a phony.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,027

Post#78 » by mg » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Yeah it's all a business esp to someone like LeBron but I will give credit to him and Nike for this commercial. It was pretty good. I liked the Akron Beats commercial better though.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#79 » by LV-Suns » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:07 pm

Its hard to get behind a team when they blatantly tanked for 4 straight years, got rewarded with 3 1st overall picks and LeBron returned to the city.
I Dont wanna be here

Return to The General Board