[Video]Raptors Honor Vince Carter, Standing Ovation

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

rapz101
Senior
And1: 716

Re: [Video]Raptors Honor Vince Carter, Standing Ovation 

Post#81 » by rapz101 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:21 am

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:
rapz101 wrote:If someone puts in 30 yrs of military work and then commits treason just once...whats his status?

No disrespect to carter because that was a bit of an extreme example, but the premise is still the same...dude was giving other teams our play calls, he's on record saying he did not try hard, and most of all the dude quit on the team while he was here.

You do not do that, even if ish hits the fan, its part of professionalism and he's a professional.

Meh... the front office had quit on vince long before he quit on the raptors. They completely and utterly failed to build a contender around one of the biggest stars, then in 2003 they committed to a rebuild when they drafted bosh instead of trading the pick. I'm sure when vince signed his extension in 2001 they made him all kinds of promises of building a contender. I think it's safe to assume he would've signed elsewhere as a free agent if they told him they'd start rebuilding just two years later with a player who's 7 years younger.

The gm knew perfectly well when they got bosh that vince was none to pleased about the situation, any decent gm would've started looking to trade him right then. They could've easily gotten a couple of nice young players for him to put next to bosh. Instead they kept him around to fill the seats. Next summer he finally requested a trade, gm ignored him as he always did. At that point vince had only one option left: tank.

Unprofessional... call it whatever you want. I'll make an analogy for the situation, just read the whole thing, i think it's pretty spot on.

finally, something other then "thats not 100% true..."

Although i will admit i do agree with you, babcock was an idiot and did not handle carters situation the way it should have been, but looking at the situation he was coming off injuries and trading him at that moment, he had no value. So maybe babcock was just looking for him to play well as he knew he would , so that VC could be moved for more than what we initially got...that's just from a head office perspective.

From a fans perspective, I loved the dude and everything he brought to the raps...so to see how he was doing us on the court playing like a washed up version of himself because of all the BS that was going around off the court was just excruciating to watch...And that's what i refuse to brush over, even though Babcock was an ass, as a professional you still need to try, if not for babcock or S.Mitch at least for your teammates and fans...Carter asked for a trade in the off season about a month before training camp, and was fed up 2 months after, like at least give the team courtesy enough to find a situation that fits for him and for the organization, instead he goes forcing babcocks hand into probably one the most lopsided trades ever.

And it stings when the dude than goes full out after changing teams as if the water in new jersey gave him new life or something...like he could have been doing that in Toronto...but instead he just had to dog the team.

In the end I've acknowledged that both sides are wrong and i'm happy both sides are gone.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,425

Post#82 » by KrazyP » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:42 am

rapz101 wrote:
Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:
rapz101 wrote:If someone puts in 30 yrs of military work and then commits treason just once...whats his status?

No disrespect to carter because that was a bit of an extreme example, but the premise is still the same...dude was giving other teams our play calls, he's on record saying he did not try hard, and most of all the dude quit on the team while he was here.

You do not do that, even if ish hits the fan, its part of professionalism and he's a professional.

Meh... the front office had quit on vince long before he quit on the raptors. They completely and utterly failed to build a contender around one of the biggest stars, then in 2003 they committed to a rebuild when they drafted bosh instead of trading the pick. I'm sure when vince signed his extension in 2001 they made him all kinds of promises of building a contender. I think it's safe to assume he would've signed elsewhere as a free agent if they told him they'd start rebuilding just two years later with a player who's 7 years younger.

The gm knew perfectly well when they got bosh that vince was none to pleased about the situation, any decent gm would've started looking to trade him right then. They could've easily gotten a couple of nice young players for him to put next to bosh. Instead they kept him around to fill the seats. Next summer he finally requested a trade, gm ignored him as he always did. At that point vince had only one option left: tank.

Unprofessional... call it whatever you want. I'll make an analogy for the situation, just read the whole thing, i think it's pretty spot on.

Although i will admit i do agree with you, babcock was an idiot and did not handle carters situation the way it should have been, but looking at the situation he was coming off injuries and trading him at that moment, he had no value. So maybe babcock was just looking for him to play well as he knew he would , so that VC could be moved for more than what we initially got...that's just from a head office perspective.

Thats nonsense. Derrick Rose's injuries have been 10x worse than Carters but you wont see the Bulls trading him for a bag of beans. What major injury did Carter actually have???

The real reason the Raptors didnt get proper return for Carter because they had too many morons in upper management which is the reason Carter wanted out in the first place. They couldn't even hire a general manager to replace Glen Grunwald without first putting on a complete circus show.......and then they wound up with Rob Babcock who was the worst GM the NBA has seen in the past decade. Carter lost the battle politically from a media standpoint.....there were two sides to the story, one side was never seen by the fans which is why the boos still ring today.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#83 » by whysoserious » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:23 pm

rapz101 wrote:
Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:

Except that when you were called out for posting stuff that isn't true, you still have yet to prove your claims.

So you can't sit on some high horse as though you're right. If you wanna be fair, then be fair. The tipping plays and dogging it are not FACT but you keep going on like you were actually there and know.

I never once said he may not have tipped the play, but there's just as many guys on the Raptors and even Reggie Evans who wouldn't confirm or denied it outright.
Star-Lord
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#84 » by Star-Lord » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Remember folks, in basketball it's only okay for the franchise to quit on the fanbase, never for the player to quit on said garbage franchise.
RTran85
Senior
And1: 557

Post#85 » by RTran85 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:24 pm

VC was the reason why I started to watch basketball and follow the Raptors. I've never turn my back on him as a fan and to see the people of Toronto finally giving him the love he deserves brings a tear to my eyes.

Return to The General Board