who is the Coach LeBron or Blatt???

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Re: who is the Coach LeBron or Blatt??? 

Post#21 » by ChosunX » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:45 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:If LeBron stays quiet in the huddle, people would be saying he quit on his coach.

Why? I sure as hell would not, it would even help the BS i came home from Univiersity of Miami narrative.
WVU
Rookie
And1: 759

Post#22 » by WVU » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 pm

God Lebron James is so annoying
ChosunX
Banned User

Post#23 » by ChosunX » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:47 pm

I beg to differ wrote:Blatt is the coach. LeBron finds that adorable.

I bet Blatt could take Bron in a fight. He looks always ready for anything. Plus he got that Russian muscle look.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#24 » by RSCD3_ » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:10 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:If LeBron stays quiet in the huddle, people would be saying he quit on his coach.

Hypocrites everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#25 » by JazzUte88 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:18 pm

LeBron will always be the authority figure of the franchise, but man, they need to bring in an authority figure of a head coach, a guy like George Karl would be perfect for this team, IMO.

But maybe Blatt can turn it around like Spoelstra.
LetItRain
Starter
And1: 224

Post#26 » by LetItRain » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:23 pm

I think blatt would work well with a squad of players like the spurs have. The cavs have too many "me" guys, waiters and irving being chief among them.

and despite what they say, love and lebron are "me" guys too. they need their stats. not to mention that lebron has a massive ego and thinks he can run a franchise.
Kurosawa0
Analyst
And1: 3,276

Post#27 » by Kurosawa0 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:23 pm

I like Blatt, but I kinda want him to get fired and have LeBron be the player-coach. That would be awesome to watch.
mrmsix6
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,598

Post#28 » by mrmsix6 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:23 pm

OH MY GOD LEBRON ADDRESSED THE TEAM DURING A TIMEOUT?
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,698

Post#29 » by -Sammy- » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:25 pm

Hilarious. LeBron-haters will seize on ANYTHING they can to criticize him.

Remember when Kobe decided to be coach, and Laker-heads were wetting themselves over what an amazing basketball genius it took to do that?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r337CGdSFko[/youtube]
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#30 » by EscapoTHB » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:29 pm

Lebron is probably a better NBA coach than Blatt at this point. I don't get why anyone in that huddle would listen to a thing Blatt has to say over the Owner/GM dude with the Mvps and rings. At least with Spoelstra Lebron had to keep it somewhat in check because Riley and Wade and Haslem all were backing Spoelstra. And Spoelstra liked fighting.

On the flip side though, you do so players do this kind of thing from time to time--how it looks usually depends on just who is allowing it to happen. If it were Pop and that was duncan it wouldn't be a big deal. But we don't know what kind of coach Blatt is, and he appears really indecisive about his rotations.
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#31 » by HeartBreaking » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:31 pm

cavs should've brought in mike dantoni
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#32 » by crazy_me_87 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Lebron talking during the huddle is absolutly fine... MJ and Kobe where often extentions of PJ

The Point is they absolutly need to be on the same Page.. and that is a point im not really sure about

also at least so far.. Blatt seems like a great Offensive Coach... but his work on Defense and getting guys motivated seems really lacking
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#33 » by MikeM » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:52 pm

I have a feeling this is what Miami would have looked like as well if they didn't have Pat Riley to tell him to STFU and play basketball.
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#34 » by JellosJigglin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:53 pm

This is why I didn't buy it when people were saying the hiring of Blatt killed Cleveland's chances of getting Lebron back. In Lebrons world, he does what he wants to do and everyone around him is disposable. This kind of reminds me of Magic and Westhead, and that's a bad sign for Blatt.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
ChosunX
Banned User

Post#35 » by ChosunX » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:59 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:Hilarious. LeBron-haters will seize on ANYTHING they can to criticize him.

Remember when Kobe decided to be coach, and Laker-heads were wetting themselves over what an amazing basketball genius it took to do that?

Look where that Kobe worship led the Lakers. For all we know the Bron passivty was a power play not about letting the other guys figure it out.

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:LeBron will always be the authority figure of the franchise, but man, they need to bring in an authority figure of a head coach, a guy like George Karl would be perfect for this team, IMO.

But maybe Blatt can turn it around like Spoelstra.

Blatt knows how to act like a hardass, i doubt any coach could give orders/directions to Bron in Cleveland with the power he has there. If he goes somewhere else...
oikosnomos
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#36 » by oikosnomos » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Am I suppose to come to some conclusion based on 3 two-second video clips with no audio or context?
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,959

Post#37 » by Optms » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:05 pm

ChosunX wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:Hilarious. LeBron-haters will seize on ANYTHING they can to criticize him.

Look where that Kobe worship led the Lakers. For all we know the Bron passivty was a power play not about letting the other guys figure it out.

Lakers 15th championship banner?

Lol @ "worship"

Nice choice of words since I see no such thing taking place in that video that would fit the definition of actual "worship." All I see is a basketball player instructing his teammates in a crucial game at hand with them listening closely.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

who is the Coach LeBron or Blatt??? 

Post#38 » by RSCD3_ » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:06 pm

oikosnomos wrote:Am I suppose to come to some conclusion based on 3 two-second video clips with no audio or context?

Your supposed to believe LeBron is a despicable cancer who came to Cleveland to seize the ownership and raise an army to usurp the state government, presidency and eventually the world

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,260

Post#39 » by kodo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:06 pm

We knew this already.

The open secret of the NBA is that LeBron has been in charge of things in Cleveland since he wrote that “Coming Home” piece ...

*Called a players-only meeting just before the team’s first practice, where he told each player what he expected from him personally.

*Took the air out of Blatt’s tires by saying he didn’t believe in “pep talks.”

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/the-caval ... yer-coach/

Politcally Riley had Spo's back in Miami. Blatt isn't going to butt heads w/ Lebron and win, so he might as well go along for the ride.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#40 » by DWadeno3 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:07 pm

EscapoTHB wrote:Lebron is probably a better NBA coach than Blatt at this point. I don't get why anyone in that huddle would listen to a thing Blatt has to say over the Owner/GM dude with the Mvps and rings. At least with Spoelstra Lebron had to keep it somewhat in check because Riley and Wade and Haslem all were backing Spoelstra. And Spoelstra liked fighting.

On the flip side though, you do so players do this kind of thing from time to time--how it looks usually depends on just who is allowing it to happen. If it were Pop and that was duncan it wouldn't be a big deal. But we don't know what kind of coach Blatt is, and he appears really indecisive about his rotations.

Why would LeBron be a better NBA coach? Basketball is still the same sport all over the world and Blatt, even though I don't like him personally, is a very accomplished coach on the club and national team level. LeBron is a great player, but that doesn't mean he possesses more knowledge about the game. The only thing Blatt has to do is find the right strategy and get his players to execute his gameplan on both ends of the floor, which seems to be the problem right now. If the Cavs are still struggling in 30 or 40 games from now, then we can discuss the coach. But him being indecisive and unsure at this point of the season is no indicator of his lack of ability rather than just part of the usual issues a new coach has on a newly assembled team.

Also, if the players listen to teammate, no matter how accomplished he is, over the head coach then there's a fundamental problem in the team's hierarchy. A good, smart player can provide input and during the game motivate the team but he should always respect the authority of the head coach, no matter what. If you have a problem with the coach, find his office and hold a personal conversation with him.

#HeatLifer

Return to The General Board