Who is the most overrated player out of

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who is the most overrated player out of

Draymond Green
19%
Eric Bledsoe
24%
Goran Dragic
5%
Joakim Noah
16%
Kyle Korver
4%
Manu Ginobili
2%
Robin Lopez
4%
Serge Ibaka
12%
Tony Parker
16%

Total votes: 108

KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Re: Who is the most overrated player out of 

Post#21 » by KD35Brah » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Ibaka 2014 season:
15ppg(58% TS; 115 Ortg)
9rpg
3bpg
*(Only other player in the 2014 season to give you a combination of 15p 9r and 3b was Davis(Davis was/is obviously better); Davis hasn't anchored the 4th and 6th best defense in the NBA in his career yet, Ibaka did the last 2 seasons)
20 PER
.173 WS/48
10 WS
102 Drtg
(He allowed 45% at the rim(allowing 42% in 2015); Lower than Dwight, Marc Gasol, Noah,Duncan, and Gibson(same as);
Ibaka was the leader in total blocks last season and has been the past 4 seasons(last accomplished by Mutombo)

*Spaces the floor for Durant and Westbrook. Now shoots 36% from 3 on 3 attempts per game

*68% of the shots that Ibaka blocks are recovered by the Thunder(that is huge from a player who leads the league in blocks). Next closest player was 61%.

*Ibaka historically shoots 67% EFG on open jumpers(which happens A LOT playing with Westbrook and Durant)

In comparison to the guy everyone calls underrated and always praises.
Randolph 2014:
17ppg(51% TS(while getting to the line 2 times more); 105Ortg)
10rpg
2.5apg
18 PER
6 WS
.113 WS/48
105 Drtg
laploutocratie
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,273

Post#22 » by laploutocratie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
fancynapkin wrote:Tony Parker is overrated amongst NBA geeks. He is a good PG, but some people try to pretend like he is up there with CP3, probably in reaction to how little he gets talked about. It is also difficult in general to analyze some of those Spurs players outside of the system they play in.

U just dont watch games obcviously, tps impact is much greater. He is the ultimate usage to efficiency player who maximizes not only his effectiveness but his teammates. Not to mention he is by far the best today in controlling tempo and pace

That's the distinguishing part of Paul's game. Perhaps you're the one failing to watching Paul's games?
☘ x XVII

6ixth_Man wrote:When I die, I want the Raptors to lower me into my grave, so they can let me down one last time
timlin500
Starter
And1: 124

Post#23 » by timlin500 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:23 pm

mattao313 wrote:I say Draymond Green people sayin he gonna be a star and is going to get a big pay day but really he's just a role player (nothing is wrong with that) nothing more nothing less if he wasn't on the Warriors he wouldn't be nearly as good.

Who ever said he's going to be a star? Everything I've seen is people saying he's a great role player.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#24 » by jbk1234 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:47 pm

I said Tony Parker only because when he's gotten injured, and the Spurs had a competent back up, that team hasn't missed a beat.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ufsports
Pro Prospect
And1: 479

Post#25 » by ufsports » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:53 pm

I said Noah, even though I like him, because I don't think he should have won DPOY last season.
Scraptor wrote:
Zubby wrote:Dalmbert & Chandler are about equal except Dalembert can stay healthy.

Some statements are so ridiculous they should result in a timeout, so the poster can sit in a corner and think about what he wrote.
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#26 » by RightToCensor » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:55 pm

The thing is that Robin Lopez can be replaced by 15 other players in his position and the Blazers will be just as good, or better than they are now.
day1086
Junior
And1: 228

Post#27 » by day1086 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
fancynapkin wrote:Tony Parker is overrated amongst NBA geeks. He is a good PG, but some people try to pretend like he is up there with CP3, probably in reaction to how little he gets talked about. It is also difficult in general to analyze some of those Spurs players outside of the system they play in.

U just dont watch games obcviously, tps impact is much greater. He is the ultimate usage to efficiency player who maximizes not only his effectiveness but his teammates. Not to mention he is by far the best today in controlling tempo and pace. Pop is the one getting overrated with people overlooking the fact that u need the players first.

Tony Parker is the only elite PG who's argument for being great is "he initiates the offense"

okay.
Jonatton Yeah
Veteran
And1: 4,062

Post#28 » by Jonatton Yeah » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:51 pm

Draymond is getting press because he was a second round pick, is starting on a team that has found incredible success this year, and happens to have a knack for making big plays when the camera is shining bright. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone calling him a future star or a max players.

He's simply a good story in a season full of the depressing (rookie injuries), the bizarre (Lakers, Knicks), and the annoying (Lebron fetishism, "tanking" obsession, "east sucks" blah blah blahing). Those who think he's overrated simply have their priorities out of whack.
That's hilarious and co
Talent Chaser
Sixth Man
And1: 785

Post#29 » by Talent Chaser » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:24 am

RightToCensor wrote:The thing is that Robin Lopez can be replaced by 15 other players in his position and the Blazers will be just as good, or better than they are now.

That's not true at all
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,760

Post#30 » by evilpimp972 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:59 am

Easily Joakim Noah, overrated by many.
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
fancynapkin
Junior
And1: 310

Post#31 » by fancynapkin » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:52 am

Takingbaconback wrote:

U just dont watch games obcviously, tps impact is much greater. He is the ultimate usage to efficiency player who maximizes not only his effectiveness but his teammates. Not to mention he is by far the best today in controlling tempo and pace. Pop is the one getting overrated with people overlooking the fact that u need the players first.

Comments like this only reaffirm my position

Return to The General Board