Grizzlies Surprise team assistant- Christmas Edition

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

rizkid92
Senior
And1: 253

Grizzlies Surprise team assistant- Christmas Edition 

Post#1 » by rizkid92 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:40 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2305 ... rogramming

"Grizzlies players pool money to buy team assistant new car after his was stolen"

Small stuff like this is what I love about some NBA players

:clap: :clap: :clap:
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Re: Grizzlies Surprise team assistant- Christmas Edition 

Post#2 » by dautjazz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:45 pm

That's awesome! Props to the players for getting it done. Now, couldn't his insurance cover his stolen car?
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Chriscross
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,190

Post#3 » by Chriscross » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:08 pm

This is really cool!
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
th1
Senior
And1: 409

Post#4 » by th1 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:12 pm

i wonder how much team assistant makes ?
ninjamilk23
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,132

Post#5 » by ninjamilk23 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 pm

th1 wrote:i wonder how much team assistant makes ?

Enough to break the ice.
Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#6 » by SlowPaced » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Nice!
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#7 » by MaxRider » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:25 pm

this is what nba players should do
instead of pick up stupid technical
arguing with ref
talk bad about the nba and get fined
those money can help lot of people
amcfad27
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,564

Post#8 » by amcfad27 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:14 am

Memphis seems like a classy team
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#9 » by Slava » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:18 am

omg, Someone please gif Tony Allen yelling "surprise!" at the end! :lol:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,683

Post#10 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:05 am

Awesome! Sweet gesture. When I sometimes "daydream" about being really wealthy, this is the part that I imagine to be so rewarding, giving, buying really expensive stuff to my family. I'd buy all the cool toys to me as well of course, but I know I would give a lot. Obviously, you can be a giving person regardless of your financial situation, and I try to be, but I can't buy my friend a house or even a car, and It would be so awesome to do it. Maybe one day, I try to do something about it, who knows what will happen. :) Sorry for the personal "cool story", probably nobody cares. :lol:
SunKing
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,509

Post#11 » by SunKing » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:58 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:Awesome! Sweet gesture. When I sometimes "daydream" about being really wealthy, this is the part that I imagine to be so rewarding, giving, buying really expensive stuff to my family. I'd buy all the cool toys to me as well of course, but I know I would give a lot. Obviously, you can be a giving person regardless of your financial situation, and I try to be, but I can't buy my friend a house or even a car, and It would be so awesome to do it. Maybe one day, I try to do something about it, who knows what will happen. :) Sorry for the personal "cool story", probably nobody cares. :lol:

Yeah but you know those type of stuff are the "beggining" for NBA athletes being broke the "entourage" money.

Of course I would be the first to do this kind of things for my mother and siblings but just to point out this is like one of the major point for being broke among NBA players (which is for RealGM the paroxysm of dumbness).
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,683

Post#12 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:05 pm

SunKing wrote:Yeah but you know those type of stuff are the "beggining" for NBA athletes being broke the "entourage" money.

Of course I would be the first to do this kind of things for my mother and siblings but just to point out this is like one of the major point for being broke among NBA players (which is for RealGM the paroxysm of dumbness).

Yeah, you are absolutely right, being too generous can also be a negative, especially if you buy useless things like jewelry, and the priciest champagne to all your friends at a party, just so you can impress them. If I'd have that kind of money, I would buy things that last, like a car or a house, and obviously not to all of my friends, only for those that would do the same for me, or at least I think they would.
blazinskillz
Junior
And1: 20

Post#13 » by blazinskillz » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:47 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
SunKing wrote:Yeah but you know those type of stuff are the "beggining" for NBA athletes being broke the "entourage" money.

Yeah, you are absolutely right, being too generous can also be a negative, especially if you buy useless things like jewelry, and the priciest champagne to all your friends at a party, just so you can impress them. If I'd have that kind of money, I would buy things that last, like a car or a house, and obviously not to all of my friends, only for those that would do the same for me, or at least I think they would.
A car depreciates way faster than Jewelry, something that's been here since the beginning. Champagne I do agree but that's the reward you treat yourself when you've worked as hard

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to The General Board