Is the outside of bball equivalent of Kobe...?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

amcfad27
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,564

Re: Is the outside of bball equivalent of Kobe...? 

Post#21 » by amcfad27 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:09 am

Cause it shoots too much...

huh? huh? cmon.....
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#22 » by Slava » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:12 am

OP creates the worst threads ever.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#23 » by ChosunX » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am

John Black wrote:
ChosunX wrote:
John Black wrote:
As opposed to ? Non-shareholders aka people who have no stake in the business? i.e You?

Also this thread topic, image ( Rogue Trader..wtf?) and message is pretty bad. FYI.

You can do so much better.

I would never be an enabler of my teams downfall for one man's ambition. Lakers fans were/are doing that. Cuban was right, the good decision would had been to amnesty him.

I am not even sure what that means.

You put in more effort and concern about Kobe than the average Laker fan. Keep posting nonsense like this, since you are so righteous.

That being said. To take your bait. Let's say the Lakers would have amnestied him. Then what? are you going to chastise the next team and their fans that he plays for ?

Depends on what his shot selection is on that new team.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#24 » by SichtingLives » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:13 am

If a fish pisses in the ocean, do the world's water levels rise? and how do we stop fish from peeing and ultimately drowning the planet? which gets into the whole ethical debate of fish farming, which clearly supports the agendas of big industry, big pharma, big government, big agriculture, bigfoot and the Big Boss Man. I truly don't think we'll ever get to the bottom of these issues but I will tell you this: the next chance I get, I will punch a dead eyed fish right in his two-sided face and you can jot that down in your day planner or your life journal because It's f****** happening.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
JohnsHopkins
Junior
And1: 619

Post#25 » by JohnsHopkins » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:36 am

ChosunX wrote:
John Black wrote:
ChosunX wrote:Wicked cool, unless you are a shareholder at the bank, aka Lakers fan.

As opposed to ? Non-shareholders aka people who have no stake in the business? i.e You?

Also this thread topic, image ( Rogue Trader..wtf?) and message is pretty bad. FYI.

I would never be an enabler of my teams downfall for one man's ambition. Lakers fans were/are doing that. Cuban was right, the good decision would had been to amnesty him.

You're either really young or not very smart. Lakers are paying kobe more for the revenue he brings for them vs his actual on court value. Have you seen the lakers away games and see how many of the lakers fans there are rocking a kobe jersey and cheering for him? Even as a shell of himself he still sells tickets and that means more $$ for the Lakers
JohnsHopkins
Junior
And1: 619

Post#26 » by JohnsHopkins » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:44 am

JellosJigglin wrote:Dark Knight
“Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain”- Harvey Dent

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbMvuAd3b88[/youtube]

Thar quote is so fitting for kobe, so so fitting. More and more of his fans turning on him this year ...:/
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#27 » by ChosunX » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:45 am

JohnsHopkins wrote:
ChosunX wrote:
John Black wrote:

You're either really young or not very smart. Lakers are paying kobe more for the revenue he brings for them vs his actual on court value. Have you seen the lakers away games and see how many of the lakers fans there are rocking a kobe jersey and cheering for him? Even as a shell of himself he still sells tickets and that means more $$ for the Lakers

Being a contender = even more money. They cannot do that with Kobe.
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#28 » by Rosque » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:13 pm

amcfad27 wrote:Image

Cause it shoots too much...

huh? huh? cmon.....

This made me chuckle. Nice job :D
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,402

Post#29 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:09 pm

ChosunX wrote:
JohnsHopkins wrote:
ChosunX wrote:I would never be an enabler of my teams downfall for one man's ambition. Lakers fans were/are doing that. Cuban was right, the good decision would had been to amnesty him.

Being a contender = even more money. They cannot do that with Kobe.

Lakers weren't going to be a contender in 2013 or 2014 regardless. Even if they cut Kobe loose and Dwight stayed on board they're basically equivalent to the Kings in 2013. In 2014 they probably still don't get Melo, but even if they did is Dwight/Melo + the current batch of role players better than Houston? I don't think so.

The Lakers suffering a down period was inevitable. Kobe is definitely not dragging them out of the muck, but he's not the only reason they're in that position either. It sounds hard to believe, since his cap number is insane and his production has been unimpressive(efficiency-wise, anyway). But it's not like that money was going to magically turn into Dwight+Melo+supporting cast better than what Houston works with. It would just be Dwight+Melo+worse supporting cast since Lin/Hill would suddenly be out of their price range. Is Dwight/Ed Davis/Melo/Swaggy P/Kendall Marshall really making the West playoffs?

Return to The General Board