Rookie Impressions pt II

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Re: Rookie Impressions pt II 

Post#1541 » by Mik317 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:32 am

reignfire wrote:Just wanna say something about Noel's production recently:

Imagine if the Wolves moved Wiggins to the PF position. What would happen is he would dominate on offense but get abused on defense. But his numbers would look great. A lot of points on good efficiency. But it is a losing basketball move.

But this is what the Sixers have done with Noel. They made him a 5, put shooters around him. He produces because there is a ton of spacing, but the team loses like hell because they have no size. He not a true C. the Sixers will never win long term with him at C. When he moves back to the 4 spot production will dip again because of less spacing.

AD would have a 40 PER if he was played at C with shooters around him, because no center can guard him. But the team would lose way more.

In Noel's case he's quick and fast so he can get a lot of steals and blocks from slower centers.

His production is coming from getting the ball in better position thanks to Ish Smith looking for him constantly.

and the meh production next to Sims...is more on Sims being an awful defender. Embiid won't have that issue.

Sims has been benched for a while now and Noel wasn't been playing this well. Yes the spacing also helps but really it is just him getting more shots in general as his PGs are no longer jacking up bad shots (well...most of the time lol)...and that spacing has been shooting awful as it comes from Luc, Jrich's corpse, and Jakarr "Who?" Sampson..all who have been shooting quite poorly. I think Embiid could at the very least replicate that level of spacing, no? The spacing will hopefully come from the other 3 positions and both guys hopefully being able to hit the 15fter... Hell we got rocked by the Clippers tonight and Jordan scores by just dunking everything..I'm not worried about fit as that combo shows it can work...

I don't know why you are trying so hard to discredit the improvement tho. Noel now if vastly superior to the Noel of a month ago. Its not just the spacing but the fact that the game is slowing down for him and he is catching the ball a lot better. The position change happened a while ago and the change has come from his PGs be able and willing to actually get him the ball...

so what the hell are you on about?

i wish people would just talk about their players without putting down others (this goes for all yall..).

Noel is getting better.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#1542 » by theGreatRC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:35 am

Wiggins first month was his worst month of the season. Even KJ McDaniels was out playing him.

Anyway, Noel, Wiggins and others are all good rookies; let's not try to put down the other's game just to prop up your rookie. Let's just appreciate the future of this league in players like them and whoever wins The award wins it.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Kirk Van Houten
Junior
And1: 116

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rookie Impressions pt II 

Post#1543 » by Kirk Van Houten » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:35 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Kirk Van Houten wrote:
Great game from a good rookie. Don't act like he's been the best all year though.

You are right, he wasn't that good in the 1st month only.

Let's call it 2 months at the beginning where he was 2nd to jabari and 2 months at the end where he's been 3rd possibly 4th fiddle to Niko, Noel and Payton.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rookie Impressions pt II 

Post#1544 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:36 am

Kirk Van Houten wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
Kirk Van Houten wrote:
Great game from a good rookie. Don't act like he's been the best all year though.

You are right, he wasn't that good in the 1st month only.

Let's call it 2 months at the beginning where he was 2nd to jabari and 2 months at the end where he's been 3rd possibly 4th fiddle to Niko, Noel and Payton.

Your true. Not mine.
End.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,474

Post#1545 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:38 am

reignfire wrote:MCDubbin, you are clueless about basketball.

You don't even understand "what changed" that caused Noel's production to increase.

Understand that NOEL is doing what he's doing because he's surrounded by 3 point shooters. That changes when Embiid enters the lineup. The spacing changes.

Ignoring that everything you have said has been out of touch with what is actually going on, and the absurd comments about hypotheticals, you are arguing that the change from LRMM to Embiid is a massive drop off in outside shooting.

The problem with that is that LRMM is a 29% shooter from 3-10 feet even, so, the argument is obviously absurd.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Post#1546 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:45 am

The most impressive thing about Wiggins right now, isnt his scoring; it's his ability to read and react to the double.

Every team has sent him double and the odd triple, but he reads the play like a vet and finds the open man. He is legitimately making the players around him better right now.

Btw, some jawdropping highlights from Wiggs this game if you havent seen them yet.
reignfire
Sixth Man
And1: 864

Post#1547 » by reignfire » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:46 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:

You don't even understand "what changed" that caused Noel's production to increase.

Understand that NOEL is doing what he's doing because he's surrounded by 3 point shooters. That changes when Embiid enters the lineup. The spacing changes.

Ignoring that everything you have said has been out of touch with what is actually going on, and the absurd comments about hypotheticals, you are arguing that the change from LRMM to Embiid is a massive drop off in outside shooting.

The problem with that is that LRMM is a 29% shooter from 3-10 feet even, so, the argument is obviously absurd.

If Noel can be a reliable mid range shooter. He'll be fine. If he can't, he'll just hurt Embiid's game.

Noel will never be a center in the NBA, if that team wants to win. Noel has pretty much topped out in weight.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#1548 » by Sixersftw » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:47 am

theGreatRC wrote:Wiggins first month was his worst month of the season. Even KJ McDaniels was out playing him.

Anyway, Noel, Wiggins and others are all good rookies; let's not try to put down the other's game just to prop up your rookie. Let's just appreciate the future of this league in players like them and whoever wins The award wins it.

Preach. People pretending like Noel was playing like crap early in the season and people putting Wiggins under a microscope are on some bull. Noel has elevated his game to a crazy level and Wiggins, despite being under tons of scrutiny and being traded etc has lived up to the hype. Both are elite prospects and of course I'm biased but if either wins I'm okay with it. Hell, if they wanna go all Kidd/Hill I'm down too.

But for reals, noel went ape **** today.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#1549 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:49 am

Just to be clear, i love Noel's game, i think he really is a special talent, he is going to be future DPOY, no doubt, and the future is crazy good in Philly. They get rid of MCW (not a fan). Hopefully for us (Minny) they get a guard, and leave a big coming to Minnesota.

My only problem as you know is with ROY award. And who deserves more. And i think is Wiggins and by a mile, because of the time that Noel and Mirotic started to show up. Too late IMO. And i think the general opinion thinks the same way.

Sorry if was rude against Noel / Mirotic or someone else.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#1550 » by Sixersftw » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:50 am

reignfire wrote:
Noel will never be a center in the NBA, if that team wants to win. Noel has pretty much topped out in weight.

This is insane. He just got back to his pre-injury weight in 2015. If he is going to stay the same weight he was as an 18 year old then he isn't just a rarity for the NBA he is a rarity for all of mankind.
mercgold3 wrote:My only problem as you know is with ROY award. And who deserves more. And i think is Wiggins and by a mile, because of the time that Noel and Mirotic started to show up. Too late IMO. And i think the general opinion thinks the same way.

Well Noel's defensive impact has been there all season. It's not like he came out of nowhere and started RKO'ing fools. He was the 2nd best rookie for most of the season. He just suddenly turned into broke ass Kevin Garnett the last 2 months.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#1551 » by Mik317 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:56 am

reignfire wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

If Noel can be a reliable mid range shooter. He'll be fine. If he can't, he'll just hurt Embiid's game.

Noel's jumper is already coming along and his FT shooting shows that he can begin to stretch out a bit....however..Embiid will be the one tasked with hitting jumpers..plus he proably won't play more than 30 minutes a game next year (if ever) that that is 18 free Center minutes that Noel can take.

and again the "spacing" Noel plays with is JRich , Jakarr, Sampson and Luc...all shooting around 30% from the 3 or worse. Hell...most of the team is shooting like ****..and Noel has balled harder.

Again I'm not sure why you are trying to discredit him so hard in this manner? You could simply say his style doesn't translates to wins as well we don't win enough but talking about how the spacing from awful shooters is the true cause is just silly and shows that you don't actually watch games...A major issue this board has.

watch games not boxscores before making major critiques of stuff please. ..again this goes for everyone.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#1552 » by MRxBLACK » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:00 am

reignfire wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

You're infecting this entire thread, dude. No need to belittle a high potential big man after a career game. Stop acting like a child.
ESPN Sucks
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,079

Post#1553 » by SOUL » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:04 am

Elfrid averaging 15.2 // 8.2 // 10.0 and 52% FG, 84% FT last 5 games
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Re: Re: Rookie Impressions pt II 

Post#1554 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:07 am

Mik317 wrote:watch games not boxscores before making major critiques of stuff please. ..again this goes for everyone.

Best quote ever ;)
Bolts
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,051

Post#1555 » by Bolts » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:14 am

"I like my team and my rookie so I am going to rip on your rookie". Too much of this in the last few weeks from 76er fans. It has ruined the thread.
42uptop
Starter
And1: 754

Post#1556 » by 42uptop » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:17 am

Bolts wrote:"I like my team and my rookie so I am going to rip on your rookie". Too much of this in the last few weeks from 76er fans. It has ruined the thread.

Agreed. We need more posts talking about how much better Wiggins has been ALL SEASON LONG
I speak the truth.
SMH
Junior
And1: 96

Post#1557 » by SMH » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:54 am

Bolts wrote:"I like my team and my rookie so I am going to rip on your rookie". Too much of this in the last few weeks from 76er fans. It has ruined the thread.

Agreed until you just said 76er fans, everyones doing it. Everyone wants their rookie to win and its fair. It's a close battle so I dont know why some people are getting offended when someone says a different guy, these guys are the truth too, love the talent these rooks got.
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#1558 » by majortom71 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:02 am

I like Noels numbers tonight, however I did not see the game.
It looks like DJ outmatched him. Did Noel get bullied by Jordan? How was he defending? Also no blocks!...
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#1559 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:07 am

Finished Watching wiggins highlights, man he gets through defenses like butter.. he draws a ton of attention on offense.

Also just watched Noes highlight, have to be honest it was not as impressive as his box scores says.. Most of his points were lobs or tip ins...
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#1560 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:08 am

majortom71 wrote:I like Noels numbers tonight, however I did not see the game.
It looks like DJ outmatched him. Did Noel get bullied by Jordan? How was he defending? Also no blocks!...

dat free throw shooting tho. hack a jordan :lol:

Return to The General Board