Cheaters in the NBA? Who were/are the Patriots in Basketball

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Makaveli DaDon
Senior
And1: 514

Post#101 » by Makaveli DaDon » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:49 am

smartyz456 wrote:The big 3 Heat team circa 2010-2014

Three superstars conspired and colluded to team up and make their paths to the championship easier including the MVP. They tainted their own legacies by doing this cheap bull and showed no respect to the game by killing their competitive attitude. I have not seen any team try to cheat like this in NBA history. It was the most despicable and disgraceful team in NBA history

They weren't called the "cHeat" for nothing

They were never called the cHeat.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Exodus
Banned User
And1: 571

Re: Cheaters in the NBA? Who were/are the Patriots in Basketball 

Post#102 » by Exodus » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:49 am

David STern
z_from_kc
Rookie
And1: 72

Post#103 » by z_from_kc » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:02 am

smartyz456 wrote:The big 3 Heat team circa 2010-2014

Three superstars conspired and colluded to team up and make their paths to the championship easier including the MVP. They tainted their own legacies by doing this cheap bull and showed no respect to the game by killing their competitive attitude. I have not seen any team try to cheat like this in NBA history. It was the most despicable and disgraceful team in NBA history

They weren't called the "cHeat" for nothing

Yeah but the team never had a center or a point guard. They had obvious gaping holes that made winning a championship anything but easy.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#104 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:45 pm

ChrisInAZ wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
TKainZero wrote:Cavs when it comes to the lottery

Serious... Everyone knows the lotto has been rigged for the cavs...

No question that lottery is fixed. I remember the double take in 1985. Stern looks into the barrel then looks again and grabs the only envelope with a bent corner, that was the Knicks! Well what do you know? The Knicks get Patrick Ewing.

The Cavs just happen to get Lebron who is from there? Then they get the #1 pick 3 out of 4 years. Something is wrong with this league. Just look at last seasons playoffs.

This- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg-zwcX1sU8 ...is the actual lottery drawing, and the way the NBA has been doing it for more than 20 years.

The old NBA envelope drawing notwithstanding, to both of you, I ask- How does the NBA rig this process?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg-zwcX1sU8[/youtube]

Well since you asked, there was a movie made in 2000 that stared John Travolta called Lucky Numbers. It was about how they fixed the Pennsylvania Lotto back in the 1980's. What you do is make the balls of the team you want to win heavier if you want them to come out the bottom like in the movie. If your system pops the ball out the top then the team you want to win has much lighter balls. It only needs to be a few grams. For the top ejecting system fill the balls of all the other teams with a heavy gas or something substance. All you have to do to get the balls you want to pop out the top is inject Helium into the balls.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#105 » by Prospect Dong » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:10 am

There were stories in the past of NBA teams messing with ball pressure to help themselves out.

Old Knicks teams apparently used to carry pins ot partially deflate the ball, helping them to slow down the game and discourage dribble drives.

There was also a suggestion a couple of years back that the Jazz were over-inflating their home game balls, which was fine for their post based offence but which really messed with jump shooting teams. The evidence was the home/away shooting splits for Jazz jumpshooters and the large number of jammed finger injuries which seemed to happen during Jazz home games.

I don't know if there was anything to it, but i think it's accepted that home teams play around a bit with rim tension and ball pressure to suit their playing style.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,062

Post#106 » by Laimbeer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:13 am

self delete
Makaveli DaDon
Senior
And1: 514

Post#107 » by Makaveli DaDon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:26 am

Spurs a/c gm

Christine-In-AZ
Starter
And1: 1,539

Post#108 » by Christine-In-AZ » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:44 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
ChrisInAZ wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

No question that lottery is fixed. I remember the double take in 1985. Stern looks into the barrel then looks again and grabs the only envelope with a bent corner, that was the Knicks! Well what do you know? The Knicks get Patrick Ewing.

The Cavs just happen to get Lebron who is from there? Then they get the #1 pick 3 out of 4 years. Something is wrong with this league. Just look at last seasons playoffs.

This- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg-zwcX1sU8 ...is the actual lottery drawing, and the way the NBA has been doing it for more than 20 years.

The old NBA envelope drawing notwithstanding, to both of you, I ask- How does the NBA rig this process?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg-zwcX1sU8[/youtube]

Well since you asked, there was a movie made in 2000 that stared John Travolta called Lucky Numbers. It was about how they fixed the Pennsylvania Lotto back in the 1980's. What you do is make the balls of the team you want to win heavier if you want them to come out the bottom like in the movie. If your system pops the ball out the top then the team you want to win has much lighter balls. It only needs to be a few grams. For the top ejecting system fill the balls of all the other teams with a heavy gas or something substance. All you have to do to get the balls you want to pop out the top is inject Helium into the balls.

As I responded to another conspiracy theorist earlier-

- the teams have 4 number combinations (# combos of 1 to 14)...100s of combinations down to only 5 combos at the bottom end of the lottery.

- in the 12 balls drawn of this selection 13, 7, 9, 14, 8, 6, 11, 1, 7, 2, 6, 1 and 5 came up. 7 and 6 being the only "2 timers". 7 was good for both Cleveland & Philly. 6 was good for Milwaukee and Philadelphia. So...which were the "rigged" ping-pong balls?

-How can you "pre-select" a winner if all the teams have number combinations containing every number/ball? Particularly difficult with the top 5 or 6 teams having hundreds of combos, and every ball being a number in their combos.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#109 » by kodo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:08 pm

Pippen said he had to always check the ball inflation level at away games. From what I read, it was basically extremely common to overinflate basketballs against the Bulls or any other team that could rebound well near the paint.

So for the NBA...every team.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#110 » by rmfc » Sun Feb 1, 2015 7:17 pm

Did the OP apologize yet?
Rebel INS
Sixth Man
And1: 736

Post#111 » by Rebel INS » Sun Feb 1, 2015 8:42 pm

The NBA rigged the Duncan draft and have allowed the spurs to pay their players under the table with all you can eat churros and Tex Mex food in order to keep a superstar core together with capspace left over. This was done to combat the isoball and-1 culture of the early 2000's era, while promoting unselfish and fundamentally sound basketball.

Most importantly, it also was part of David Stern's three-prong strategy to serve his agenda of destroying Allen Iverson (the other two prongs being the dress code, and making cornrows go out of style)

I dare anyone here to definitively prove any of this wrong. I guarantee you sheeple can't
sanitylaker
Senior
And1: 314

Post#112 » by sanitylaker » Sun Feb 1, 2015 8:47 pm

Miami Cheat

Players colluded to form a superteam and the NBA allowed it. The Lakers makes a fair trade getting CP3 and they're denied.

NBA pretty much gifted Lebron titles and he couldn't do it without superstar help. SAD stuff
Cavs0623
Pro Prospect
And1: 519

Post#113 » by Cavs0623 » Sun Feb 1, 2015 8:59 pm

sanitylaker wrote:Miami Cheat

Players colluded to form a superteam and the NBA allowed it. The Lakers makes a fair trade getting CP3 and they're denied.

NBA pretty much gifted Lebron titles and he couldn't do it without superstar help. SAD stuff

Any proof they colluded? I could've swore there was thing called free agency that allowed players to choose where they want to go. "Gifted" Ray Allen doesnt hit a 3 in game six Lebron is 1-4 in Finals I'm sure thats exactly what the league would have wanted.

HEYMANQueHoraEs
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,608

Post#114 » by HEYMANQueHoraEs » Sun Feb 1, 2015 9:04 pm

This was probably an isolated incident with the T-Wolves, but that Joe Smith contract. Handshake deal on 3 1 year contracts to give him a massive pay day after they had his Bird rights. The league crushed them for this.
sanitylaker
Senior
And1: 314

Post#115 » by sanitylaker » Sun Feb 1, 2015 9:06 pm

Cavs0623 wrote:

Any proof they colluded? I could've swore there was thing called free agency that allowed players to choose where they want to go. "Gifted" Ray Allen doesnt hit a 3 in game six Lebron is 1-4 in Finals I'm sure thats exactly what the league would have wanted.

To think that 1 year ago, you would have given me an and1 for the post. Now you're defending the guy that left your team and your city after promising the world

Pretty sad quite honestly :roll:
Run PDX
Pro Prospect
And1: 451

Post#116 » by Run PDX » Sun Feb 1, 2015 9:50 pm

The top three are, in no particular order: David Stern, David Stern, and David Stern.
Seriously, Stern decimated the idea of parity in the league for the purpose of marketing a select group of stars. He then turned the referees into his own personal insurance agents, and the draft into a circus where he could be the ringmaster and star.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#117 » by E-Balla » Sun Feb 1, 2015 10:01 pm

TooManyClocks wrote:This was probably an isolated incident with the T-Wolves, but that Joe Smith contract. Handshake deal on 3 1 year contracts to give him a massive pay day after they had his Bird rights. The league crushed them for this.

Hell no. What about the Knicks signing JR so he could pay for a surgery and giving his brother a spot on the team for just long enough to make his money guaranteed. Lebron and Thompson might have something similar going on.

This is probably super common if you ask me.
HEYMANQueHoraEs
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,608

Post#118 » by HEYMANQueHoraEs » Sun Feb 1, 2015 10:11 pm

E-Balla wrote:
TooManyClocks wrote:This was probably an isolated incident with the T-Wolves, but that Joe Smith contract. Handshake deal on 3 1 year contracts to give him a massive pay day after they had his Bird rights. The league crushed them for this.

Hell no. What about the Knicks signing JR so he could pay for a surgery and giving his brother a spot on the team for just long enough to make his money guaranteed. Lebron and Thompson might have something similar going on.

This is probably super common if you ask me.

I meant isolated in regards to the T-Wolves and being caught cheating. I am sure handshake deals happen all the time, this one just always sticks out to me because of how harsh the punishment was.
ufsports
Pro Prospect
And1: 479

Post#119 » by ufsports » Sun Feb 1, 2015 11:25 pm

Woow, a Lakers fan complaining about superteams and refs. You see something new every day
Scraptor wrote:
Zubby wrote:Dalmbert & Chandler are about equal except Dalembert can stay healthy.

Some statements are so ridiculous they should result in a timeout, so the poster can sit in a corner and think about what he wrote.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#120 » by JazzMatt13 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 2:03 am

If you watched the Jazz face a team like Clippers, Jazz get so many BAD CALLS. Every egocentric player is a Patriot. The refs don't want to hear crying so they make the calls for the "guys who pay the refs salary", aka guys selling merchandise and selling tickets.

Return to The General Board