01/27/2015 Game thread: Cavaliers @ Pistons, Grizzlies @ Mavericks and Bulls @ Warriors

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,795

Re: 01/27/2015 Game thread: Cavaliers @ Pistons, Grizzlies @ Mavericks and Bulls @ Warriors 

Post#261 » by jc23 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:55 am

Hyaena wrote:The Chicago Unpredicta-Bulls.

Hey, I tried.

Good job, thats who they have been this year. definitely cant call them the try hard bunch anymore when they just ghost walk through games.

I sorta get them getting beat by the sub .500 teams at times since its hard to get up for those games during an 82 game season, but the last few weeks they have coasted through games vs the cavs, wiz and heat. All decent teams that you should easily be able to get your self up to play against.

Post all star break will be very telling of what this team is all about imo.

Anyway, nice clutch shot by DRose tonight, he has more of those then people would think.
Be curious, Not judgmental
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Re: 01/27/2015 Game thread: Cavaliers @ Pistons, Grizzlies @ Mavericks and Bulls @ Warriors 

Post#262 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:57 am

SacKingsPejaFan wrote:The Bulls/Warriors game was phenomenal. I would love to see a 7 game series between these two teams at full health.

Playoff effort without playoff decision making. I'd agree with that. Neither team gets there if they don't play smarter.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#263 » by Jvaughn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:58 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
So why wasn't he clutch in 10 shots before hand when he could have won the game?

The fact that he was dead tired and air balling shots towards the end, but mustered up the strength to make that last shot makes it more clutch.

I think you're mistaking clutch for playing well. Rose was awful most of that game, but he was fantastic when it mattered most.

His legs were gone. It took him 10 possessions to figure it out that he wasn't going out splash the splash brothers on ESPN. He decided to dribble in five feet closer and take a shot. He hit it. If you feel good about that, I feel better about Kyrie and LBJ going into hero mode.

What does Cleveland even have to do witht this game? It's obvious you're just finding a reason to hate. Game winning shot in OT is clutch. 10 missed shots before that doesn't change that.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Lolo
Sixth Man
And1: 661

Post#264 » by Lolo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:00 am

cpower wrote:
jc23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
So why wasn't he clutch in 10 shots before hand when he could have won the game?

You know what, never mind. He had a great game. I hope he plays like this every time he plays the Cavs.

Your confusing consistency with being clutch. Rose is still a guy coming off two years of missed basketball, he will be better come April, not sure how much but he is already a better player then he was just 3 months ago.

that's not clutch, most of the professional players (especially guards) are able to make a basket out of 10 times, no matter how important the basket is. You let a D league guard take the last shot every game for a year , he will make one eventually and thats not clutch.

If it's just so easy to make shots at the end of the game like that with a hand in your face, what was Klay's problem when he had a wide open look 8 feet from the basket?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Post#265 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:01 am

Jvaughn wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:
The fact that he was dead tired and air balling shots towards the end, but mustered up the strength to make that last shot makes it more clutch.

I think you're mistaking clutch for playing well. Rose was awful most of that game, but he was fantastic when it mattered most.

His legs were gone. It took him 10 possessions to figure it out that he wasn't going out splash the splash brothers on ESPN. He decided to dribble in five feet closer and take a shot. He hit it. If you feel good about that, I feel better about Kyrie and LBJ going into hero mode.

What does Cleveland even have to do witht this game? It's obvious you're just finding a reason to hate. Game winning shot in OT is clutch. 10 missed shots before that doesn't change that.

Maybe I'm just tired off watching selfish guys play selfish basketball - my players, from my team, included. GS and the Bulls played this game like two boxers in the 15th round for at least 10 minutes. It's why I expect a team like the Hawks or Spurs to upset a bunch of elite players like the Cavs, Bulls, or Warriors.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#266 » by Kabookalu » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:02 am

jc23 wrote:Good job, thats who they have been this year. definitely cant call them the try hard bunch anymore when they just ghost walk through games.

lol this could apply to the Raptors too. Before our collapse we were gritty, hard nosed, fought all the time, put in 100% effort. Now we're just playing with no awareness and no sense of urgency. Pisses me off so much.
Read on Twitter
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#267 » by Jvaughn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:04 am

Lolo wrote:
cpower wrote:
jc23 wrote:
Your confusing consistency with being clutch. Rose is still a guy coming off two years of missed basketball, he will be better come April, not sure how much but he is already a better player then he was just 3 months ago.

that's not clutch, most of the professional players (especially guards) are able to make a basket out of 10 times, no matter how important the basket is. You let a D league guard take the last shot every game for a year , he will make one eventually and thats not clutch.

If it's just so easy to make shots at the end of the game like that with a hand in your face, what was Klay's problem when he had a wide open look 8 feet from the basket?

He was clutch in the 1st quarter
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#268 » by DynastySS » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:05 am

jbk1234 wrote:
DynastySS wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:GS fans can say what they want about Bogut to ease the painful loss, but the Bulls won without Butler and Dunleavy, they're more important to the Bulls than Bogut is to the Warriors.

Butler is arguably the Bull's MVP this season.

In a vacuum, perhaps? Against a team with a front court like yours? Not even close.

Yeah but winning has contributed to some bad habits for GS. How many rebounds did Klay have? How about Iggy? You guys think you'll just shoot everyone out of the gym so it doesn't matter. This could be a "good" loss for GS.

Klay had 10 rebounds and Iggy had one.

Fact is they will shoot almost everyone out the gym, and the occasional bad night is not indicative of a trend. What is a trend is 9-5 without Bogut and 27-2 with him.
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#269 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:12 am

GS were well below their normal level and bulls took advantage and deserved the win.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#270 » by Prince12 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:10 am

No Bogut, no Warriors. Well not quite but it won't be that far from the truth come playoff time. Pitty he's made of glass.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
NBAfan3024
RealGM

Re: Re: 01/27/2015 Game thread: Cavaliers @ Pistons, Grizzlies @ Mavericks and Bulls @ Warriors 

Post#271 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:21 am

Prince12 wrote:No Bogut, no Warriors. Well not quite but it won't be that far from the truth come playoff time. Pitty he's made of glass.
a team needs their starting 5 healthy to win a title? Think that applies to all the contenders.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Re: Re: 01/27/2015 Game thread: Cavaliers @ Pistons, Grizzlies @ Mavericks and Bulls @ Warriors 

Post#272 » by Prince12 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:28 am

NBAfan3024 wrote:
Prince12 wrote:No Bogut, no Warriors. Well not quite but it won't be that far from the truth come playoff time. Pitty he's made of glass.
a team needs their starting 5 healthy to win a title? Think that applies to all the contenders.

I'm sure I'll cop it for this comment but I honestly believe you take Green or Klay out in the playoffs and it hurts the Warriors but they can still contend. You take Bogut out, like last year and previous years in Boguts career and it they can't win the title. So yes I agree with your comment but a healthy Bogut holds this team together.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
NBAfan3024
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 01/27/2015 Game thread: Cavaliers @ Pistons, Grizzlies @ Mavericks and Bulls @ Warriors 

Post#273 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:01 am

Prince12 wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:

I'm sure I'll cop it for this comment but I honestly believe you take Green or Klay out in the playoffs and it hurts the Warriors but they can still contend. You take Bogut out, like last year and previous years in Boguts career and it they can't win the title. So yes I agree with your comment but a healthy Bogut holds this team together.
no doubt I agree

His impact goes beyond just defense. Need him to stay healthy certainly against frontcourt like grizzles and spurs.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#274 » by JazzUte88 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:27 am

I didn't watch the game, but interesting the Bulls won a game where Noah puts up a really good statline.
NBAfan3024
RealGM

Post#275 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:27 am

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:I didn't watch the game, but interesting the Bulls won a game where Noah puts up a really good statline.
he's been below par this year.

That's the noah they need.
IbreakNeckZ101
Lead Assistant
And1: 58

Post#276 » by IbreakNeckZ101 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:40 pm

No Jimmy Butler, No Michael Dunleavy. And Chicago Bulls still win. Bulls are trolling the league right now.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,774

Post#277 » by NZB2323 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:29 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Maybe I'm just tired off watching selfish guys play selfish basketball - my players, from my team, included. GS and the Bulls played this game like two boxers in the 15th round for at least 10 minutes. It's why I expect a team like the Hawks or Spurs to upset a bunch of elite players like the Cavs, Bulls, or Warriors.

Rose was passing the ball...that's how he got so many turnovers. Most of those were on passes to big men. And Noah and Gasol are 2 of the best passing big men in the NBA, plus it's harder to get good ball movement when the 1 good 3 point shooter who sees minutes(Dunleavy) is injured. I think you're being a little harsh with the selfish label.

I agree that the Spurs and Hawks are dangerous in the playoffs, but if those teams win is it really an upset? Spurs are defending champs and Hawks have the #1 seed.
NBAfan3024
RealGM

Post#278 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:32 pm

IbreakNeckZ101 wrote:No Jimmy Butler, No Michael Dunleavy. And Chicago Bulls still win. Bulls are trolling the league right now.
they need to be more consistent. They aren't helping themselves
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#279 » by Kabookalu » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:44 pm

IbreakNeckZ101 wrote:No Jimmy Butler, No Michael Dunleavy. And Chicago Bulls still win. Bulls are trolling the league right now.

Should that even be a factor lol

Read on Twitter
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,065

Post#280 » by tidho » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:55 pm

busybluth22 wrote:Terrible officiating down the stretch of that CLE-DET game.

The line was -8.5 CLE & 59% of bettors were in on them. The refs gave DET 6 crucial crunch time fts on 2 missed 3pt fgs, that were not fouls. That and the cheap loose ball foul on Thompson that erased the layup by Smith (@4:11 remaining in 4th), were the 3 most egregious calls.

Detroit covers, Vegas wins. Watch the replays and you'l see.

The league really should look at this one.

Yes sometimes stars (obviously including LeBron) get calls, and sometimes the home team gets calls, but the officiating down the stretch was well beyond that. This was Lakers/Kings type officiating. The game wasn't even close to being called the same way for both teams with the 'foul' by JR (I think) where he didn't even come close to making any contact at all being the icing on the cake.

Return to The General Board