Lebron James Dislike

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Lebron James Dislike 

Post#1 » by chrismikayla » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:05 pm

Lebron James is usually mentioned when discussing most disliked athletes even though it may be a little better since he "returned home". I know I make fun on his lazy effort on defense sometimes but the hate for him is somewhat baffling. He doesn't have eight "baby's mommas", by all accounts he is a good dad and family man, hasn't been arrested, hasn't shot/stabbed/hurt someone, is not being sued for unpaid child support, and gives back to the community particularly in his hometown of Akron. I may not root for him or his team but as a person that makes him all right in my book. Sure he has made some dumb moves but who hasn't in their 20's? I'm glad the world was not scrutinizing my every move at that age LOL.
[gfycat][/gfycat]
Mogul
Junior
And1: 267

Re: Lebron James Dislike 

Post#2 » by Mogul » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Lebron was more mature as an 18 year old than he is now. Mental Benjamin Button.
Cycklops
Sixth Man
And1: 2,080

Post#3 » by Cycklops » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:14 pm

I'm happy with Lebron now, but do we need to go down his MASSIVE rap sheet of dirtbag behavior again? "Check my $tats," "The Decision," "Your life sucks I'm King James," "Not one, not two, not three, not four..." HGH, the flopping, laughing at player's injuries, etc etc etc?

People don't come to their opinions about each other for no reason. Lebron earned a lot of dislike over the years with a pattern of behavior.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#4 » by Illmatic12 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:15 pm

Aww.. poor Lebron
The Realist
Starter
And1: 1,496

Post#5 » by The Realist » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:28 pm

Twitter-era + transcendent player. It will only get worse for the next dude.
meh
ninetythreepts
Sophomore
And1: 246

Post#6 » by ninetythreepts » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:34 pm

Why don't we just watch him play ball? Results speak for themselves. At the twilight of his career, its not gonna matter how liked he was.
smartyz456
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,692

Post#7 » by smartyz456 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:41 pm

He doesn't have respect for the game because he joined with 2 other all stars to make things easy

That's why he's the most hated player. All his sins are basketball related. Sure MJ is the biggest douche in NBA history and Kobe had the Colorado incident but those were not basketball related. On the court, they respected the game, competed with 110% of their energy and didn't take the easy way out
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#8 » by ChosunX » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:42 pm

chrismikayla wrote:Lebron James is usually mentioned when discussing most disliked athletes even though it may be a little better since he "returned home". I know I make fun on his lazy effort on defense sometimes but the hate for him is somewhat baffling. He doesn't have eight "baby's mommas", by all accounts he is a good dad and family man, hasn't been arrested, hasn't shot/stabbed/hurt someone, is not being sued for unpaid child support, and gives back to the community particularly in his hometown of Akron. I may not root for him or his team but as a person that makes him all right in my book. Sure he has made some dumb moves but who hasn't in their 20's? I'm glad the world was not scrutinizing my every move at that age LOL.

A douche pretending to be a nice guy.
ninetythreepts
Sophomore
And1: 246

Post#9 » by ninetythreepts » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:44 pm

smartyz456 wrote:He doesn't have respect for the game because he joined with 2 other all stars to make things easy

That's why he's the most hated player. All his sins are basketball related. Sure MJ is the biggest douche in NBA history and Kobe had the Colorado incident but those were not basketball related. On the court, they respected the game, competed with 110% of their energy and didn't take the easy way out

:lol: :crazy:
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#10 » by ChosunX » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:44 pm

Mogul wrote:Lebron was more mature as an 18 year old than he is now. Mental Benjamin Button.

O he just knew how to fake it. the CLE press was very protective. I hope his kids will guide themselves well.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#11 » by NBAfan3024 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:46 pm

Is he hated now? Honestly I dont think he is much
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#12 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:11 pm

Cleveland media isn't nearly as intrusive as that of NY or most larger cities. But they still weren't nearly as protective of LeBron as Chicago's was of Jordan. LeBron just isn't a guy who gets into much trouble.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Joseph17
RealGM
And1: 529

Post#13 » by Joseph17 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:27 pm

It looks like Lebron pretty much cleaned up his act, but it took him 30 years to mature as a person. I guess it's better late than never though. Cavs fans might be able to forgive him since they are winning now, but I just can't forget about how he acted before this season. It's almost like most fans have the what have you done for me lately mentality and they forgot about what a scumbag he was during his NBA career before this season. There have been other NBA greats who are **** that I like more than Lebron (Jordan, Kobe, Westbrook, etc) but unlike Lebron they aren't afraid to show their true colors. Lebron has pretty much been fake around the media throughout his entire career which is why he seems to get a free pass by a lot of casual fans.
Joseph17
RealGM
And1: 529

Post#14 » by Joseph17 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:28 pm

The Realist wrote:Twitter-era + transcendent player. It will only get worse for the next dude.

The next dudes are already here (Durant, Davis, Curry) and they aren't **** like Lebron.
Beffiosa
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,436

Post#15 » by Beffiosa » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:31 pm

With all the press about athletes getting into trouble with the law, domestic issues, having 3 baby mamas per Kid, Lebron is basically the model athlete. Fans will hate who they want to hate, and those same fans will be the ones defending an athlete suspended for marijuana use.
You can't out train bad Nutrition
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,262

Post#16 » by kodo » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:45 pm

hasn't been arrested, hasn't shot/stabbed/hurt someone, is not being sued for unpaid child support

It's amazing how low everyone's minimum bar is these days.

Back in the day, this was called being a regular American citizen.
LeChosen One
Banned User
And1: 465

Post#17 » by LeChosen One » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:45 pm

My goodness, some of the comments in this this thread.. Softies

Only mistake he's made in his career was how he announced that was he was going to Miami.. That's it.. Some of y'all acting like you know him personally, claiming he puts on an act for the media lmao
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,959

Post#18 » by Optms » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:49 pm

I respect his game, recognize he's an all time great but that doesn't mean I have to like him does it?

He's proven to be only loyal to himself and his accolades, jumping from one team to another when any sort of adversity presented itself or when it looked like the team had peaked (Miami). Even his opt out clause at the end of this season reeks of indecision.

I will say this about him: Watching him bounce around during the prime of his career has actually increased my respect for guys like Kobe, KG and Duncan. None of which would have been possible without Lebron.
The Realist
Starter
And1: 1,496

Post#19 » by The Realist » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:55 pm

Joseph17 wrote:
The Realist wrote:Twitter-era + transcendent player. It will only get worse for the next dude.

The next dudes are already here (Durant, Davis, Curry) and they aren't **** like Lebron.

No I mean the next one to truly challenge for the GOAT etc. Okay, maybe Lebron's hype was a special occasion and that won't be repeated for a while but in a sport that has risen it's GOAT to such a godlike-standard the comparisons that will be made for the current player in this era won't be a pretty. Unless of course that player will be so much better than Jordan that he will force his greatness down everybodys throat and there's no way to stop him.
meh
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#20 » by JellosJigglin » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:57 pm

Joseph17 wrote:It looks like Lebron pretty much cleaned up his act, but it took him 30 years to mature as a person. I guess it's better late than never though. Cavs fans might be able to forgive him since they are winning now, but I just can't forget about how he acted before this season. It's almost like most fans have the what have you done for me lately mentality and they forgot about what a scumbag he was during his NBA career before this season. There have been other NBA greats who are **** that I like more than Lebron (Jordan, Kobe, Westbrook, etc) but unlike Lebron they aren't afraid to show their true colors. Lebron has pretty much been fake around the media throughout his entire career which is why he seems to get a free pass by a lot of casual fans.

If by mature you mean he finally hired a real PR firm to handle his image and not his friends, then I agree. He's just as big a douche as ever, if not bigger, he just has the right people around him to filter out his douchey ways before it hits the public. It's just pre-meditated and not in real time. That's why you still hear the occasional nonsensical statements and tweets that just make you shake your head.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)

Return to The General Board