If the Heat resigned LeBron and obtained Lowry would they be favorites to win it all this season?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

If the Heat resigned LeBron and obtained Lowry would they be favorites to win it all this season?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 33

timglick01
Banned User
And1: 93

Post#1 » by timglick01 » Sun Feb 1, 2015 6:37 pm

With a starting lineup of -

Hassan
Bosh
LeBron
Wade
Lowry
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Re: If the Heat resigned LeBron and obtained Lowry would they be favorites to win it all this season? 

Post#2 » by TKainZero » Sun Feb 1, 2015 6:45 pm

and signed pau gasol?
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
laploutocratie
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,273

Re: If the Heat resigned LeBron and obtained Lowry would they be favorites to win it all this season? 

Post#3 » by laploutocratie » Sun Feb 1, 2015 6:46 pm

This again? Give it up people.
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#4 » by Bertrob » Sun Feb 1, 2015 6:47 pm

I feel like with the butterfly effect Hassan wouldn't break out. But in any case, that starting 5 is definitely strong, but what would their bench look like? Their depth hurt them in the last year
BoutPractice
Senior
And1: 540

Post#5 » by BoutPractice » Sun Feb 1, 2015 6:48 pm

Not sure. They'd waltz to the Finals as usual, but I'd like the Western team's chance.

We shouldn't underestimate the impact of fatigue, loss of will, injuries, and teammates getting tired of playing with one another either, especially on a team that attracts so much media attention. And you wouldn't have seen the relative resurgence in Wade and Bosh's play we're seeing this year.

In any case it would have been the beginning of the end, whereas the trade made it a fresh start for both LeBron (giving him a real chance at several other championships before the end of his career) and his teammates (who can reestablish themselves as more than sidekicks).
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#6 » by goodboy » Sun Feb 1, 2015 7:07 pm

Without a shadow of a doubt.
Bright
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,401

Post#7 » by Hornet Mania » Sun Feb 1, 2015 7:09 pm

Would Wade still be struggling with injuries at the end of the year? Or Bosh? That's the difference, imo. The Heat would have worse depth than most of the WC teams, their top-end talent would need to healthy in June to overcome it.

Also, the Hawks would still be on a crazy tear. It would be a 50/50 matchup with them regardless, imo. We already saw how a team playing together like a well-oiled machine could dismantle the Heat. Hawks might just give them the San Antonio treatment from last June if they underestimated the challenge.
ninetythreepts
Sophomore
And1: 246

Post#8 » by ninetythreepts » Sun Feb 1, 2015 7:11 pm

Chalmers to Lowry is a huge upgrade, I dont see any team in the west beating that lineup.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#9 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun Feb 1, 2015 8:08 pm

First round sweep. Bosh and Wade would sit out for some injury, and then Hassan would get exposed leaving Bron, Lowry, and a bunch of washed up vets.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Bakuto
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,301

Post#10 » by Bakuto » Sun Feb 1, 2015 8:17 pm

This thread could have been made when Lowry resigned and LeBron left. It should be pages and pages down the General Board now.
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

:noway:
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,937

Post#11 » by Anticon » Sun Feb 1, 2015 8:25 pm

I'm not really sure Lowry is a good fit with a guy like Lebron. It works in Toronto because he's the alpha, that definitely wouldn't have been the case with LBJ.

Having Kyle off the ball as a scorer would be ok, but it wouldn't really take advantage of his skills. His defence has actually been pretty sub par this year as well.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#12 » by RSCD3_ » Sun Feb 1, 2015 8:34 pm

Hassan never sees the floor because the teams success is enough for spo to continue small ball

It look the defense falling apart and costing them multiple wins for him to finally change, with bosh and wade and Lowry and James I don't see him changing

I think the hypothetical Miami would be better to get out of the east, but they would be guaranteed to lose.

Cleveland isn't such a guaranteed a finals spot but if they make it there they have a much better chance of winning it, if that makes any sense
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
XPeak
Sophomore
And1: 160

Post#13 » by XPeak » Sun Feb 1, 2015 11:32 pm

What if we were wrong about each other
What if we were really meant to be
What if we were supposed to be together
Would that mean, anything?

WHAT IF by Babyface

Return to The General Board