What team should pick up Jeremy Lin?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

DominiqueTB
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: What team should pick up Jeremy Lin? 

Post#121 » by DominiqueTB » Sun Mar 1, 2015 6:05 pm

Slava wrote:Guangdong Southern Tigers need a combo guard when Mudiay declares for the draft.

Nice one ! Or Paris, the ciry has a large asian community !
R.I.P Linsanity.

More realistically, he would be lucky if his next contract is around 6m a year as an average bench PG.
He would be a good fit next to a stretch 4 because he is a great driver.
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#122 » by 6ixSideSniper » Sun Mar 1, 2015 6:06 pm

Jeremy Lin should backup Kyle Lowry on the Raptors.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
DominiqueTB
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#123 » by DominiqueTB » Sun Mar 1, 2015 6:09 pm

6ixSideSniper wrote:Jeremy Lin should backup Kyle Lowry on the Raptors.

Greivis Vasquez is not a bad sub.
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#124 » by 6ixSideSniper » Sun Mar 1, 2015 6:12 pm

DominiqueTB wrote:

Greivis Vasquez is not a bad sub.

He's pretty terrible, trust me.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
ChampionDrive
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#125 » by ChampionDrive » Sun Mar 1, 2015 9:57 pm

Lin should go to a team where he can control the ball, not be an off-guard and stand in the corner. It was ultimately why Houston was a poor fit cause he had to play alongside Harden and now LA with Kobe.

I remember Lin's stats were really good without Harden in Houston.
langer
Senior
And1: 91

Post#126 » by langer » Sun Mar 1, 2015 11:53 pm

+1
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#127 » by Mirjalovic » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:12 am

ChampionDrive wrote:Lin should go to a team where he can control the ball, not be an off-guard and stand in the corner. It was ultimately why Houston was a poor fit cause he had to play alongside Harden and now LA with Kobe.

he is alone now without Kobe.

does LOFs dont know if Kobe injured ? I keep hearing the same bull
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

baubo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,274

Post#128 » by baubo » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:45 am

Lin should be picked up by a team that then trade/sign for a great P&R center who's great at defense, and 3 floor spacers who can also play defense. But not enough offense to take the ball away from Lin. Then that team would run P&R 100% of the time. That would be a condition in which Lin can succeed.

Otherwise, it's just wrong to expect Lin to perform under such discriminating circumstances like playing alongside Dwight Howard and James Harden. Who can freaking succeed in that environment?
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,225

Post#129 » by EArl » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:52 am

ChampionDrive wrote:Lin should go to a team where he can control the ball, not be an off-guard and stand in the corner. It was ultimately why Houston was a poor fit cause he had to play alongside Harden and now LA with Kobe.

Correct me if i'm wrong but are you insinuating that Lin is being held back by Kobe and Harden? :lol:
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#130 » by Bill Bradley » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:57 am

Mirjalovic wrote:

he is alone now without Kobe.

does LOFs dont know if Kobe injured ? I keep hearing the same bull

20/8 off the bench tonight and playing better overall.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 764

Post#131 » by lordjeff05 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:46 pm

Lin is a good player. The problem is he only works in a specific system and he isn't good enough for a team to cater their offense around him. Detroit would have been a perfect fit for him. Pick and rolls wth Drummond and a Monroe with wings spacing the floor.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,691

Post#132 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:38 pm

EddieJonesFan wrote:Those players don't get those systems built around them based on faith, they get it built around them by earning it, and how else do they earn it unless it's preceded by showing star ability? Your argument basically leaves open the possibility that every player that has never had an entire system based around their talents (and that's the vast majority of every basketball player ever,) could have been a star player, and if they weren't given that, then you really can't say how good or bad they really were. Oh my god, all those poor lost souls, think of all the hall of famers we could be missing out on, if only they were just handed the keys to a franchise based on arbitrary blind faith in their abilities.

FINALLY someone understands what I go through every day!!!

JellosJigglin wrote:Odom had a breakthrough when he met Khloe, and he found his niche as a basketball player with that newfound confidence. Lin has the talent but he needs to have that personal breakthrough that will trickle out onto the court. I just feel like he has some maturing to do, and when he does, he'll know his place as a basketball player. He probably should seek a sports psychiatrist. The only thing holding Jeremy Lin back is Jeremy Lin.

Or maybe Khloe?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,691

Post#133 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:39 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:But otherwise, Jeremy Lin on the market with a deal somewhere between the BAE (2 years/$4.3m-ish total) and the MLE (the $5.3m-ish starting) has a much bigger market for his services than on his current deal.

He's still a good rotational PG in the right system, and he'll find a rotation spot somewhere next season. Hard to project with coaching jobs and systems up in the air, but he'll find somewhere on something like a 2/$7m-ish total salary, i would imagine.

It's hard to imagine a more objective and accurate post than this one.

The only short guy who was ever worth constructing a team around his strengths/weaknesses, was Allen Iverson.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,537

Post#134 » by dc » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:05 pm

baubo wrote:Lin should be picked up by a team that then trade/sign for a great P&R center who's great at defense, and 3 floor spacers who can also play defense.

See, but we always come back to the same issue. The team you just described would already be doing just fine WITHOUT Jeremy Lin.

Any team with a starting 5 consisting of 4 good defenders, including a center who can run p&rs, along with 3 guys who can shoot the ball: That's a 60 win team right there as it is.

Basically Lin is a guy who needs everything around him to be catered to him in order for HIM to succeed. He needs all these great players around him to complement him perfectly. At the end of the day, he's a guy who needs others to make him better more so than a guy who can make others better.

And that is a guy who is just not worth the fuss or the trouble of having around, IMO. Maybe as 9th/10th man making $2m a year, but not much more than that.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
ChartFiction
Starter
And1: 2,766

Post#135 » by ChartFiction » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:50 pm

He is in the upper half of bench PGs. Would be an decent pickup for 4-5 million for some teams. Low bball IQ, but depending on the makeup of the team, if it's a more modern roster with stretch 4s and spacing, he can be effective with his first step. You don't want to depend on him as a ball handler or to orchestrate the offense or pace. More like someone who can attack the rim and just provide buckets and on certain days he can give you 20+.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,537

Post#136 » by dc » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:56 pm

ChartFiction wrote:You don't want to depend on him as a ball handler or to orchestrate the offense or pace.

That pretty much describes the job of a PG in basketball. If Lin can't be relied on to do that, he doesn't have much to hang his hat on.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
no dice
Rookie
And1: 731

Post#137 » by no dice » Mon Mar 2, 2015 9:25 pm

he be a good fit with the mavs. the guys on the mavs are generally mature good dudes. they liked him back in summer league, and he gets to reunite with tyson, whom he had great chemistry with back in nyc. mavs or spurs are good where theres great leadership from the coaching staff rather than being relied on a star player.
Super_Mike
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#138 » by Super_Mike » Mon Mar 2, 2015 10:21 pm

If Jeremy Lin can keep playing this aggressive, confident, and reacting quickly and decisively instead of overthinking everything, he can easily be a starter in this league. If he can't, he's a really good backup/borderline starter.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,865

Post#139 » by Shock Defeat » Mon Mar 2, 2015 10:26 pm

Lin at best could be a little bit less effective Devin Harris when he just got to New Jersey. He can put up numbers but your team will never be contender if he is your 1st or 2nd option. If he is your 1st option you would be in the lottery.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#140 » by 2011Champs » Mon Mar 2, 2015 10:31 pm

Kaioken wrote:If Rondo leaves I could see the Mavs offering him the MLE and he would thrive under Carlisle. He is an ok/average defender who is good at the pick and roll and is a decent shooter.

I agree but maybe not with the mle as I think that will go to Amare.

Return to The General Board