Wizards have lost 9 out of last 11

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Wizards have lost 9 out of last 11 

Post#41 » by bondom34 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:17 am

Remember that Wizards fan w/ the thread about the rise of the east? Yeah, me neither.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,592

Post#42 » by Ursusamericanus » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:28 am

It's a bit weird. I've been living in Maryland for the past few months (and will be here for another few), so I watch a lot of Wizards games... frankly, even when they were winning, they seemed like fool's gold. They pulled off some impressive wins but their schedule was a joke. They basically overachieved, people bought the hype, and are now falling back to earth. If you ask me they are nothing more than a 5th/6th seed type of team and a first round exit, second if they play very well.

Wall is a fantastic point guard but the effect Beal has cannot be underestimated. He's virtually their only reliable floor spacer and he's out. I'm not saying that's the only reason - but when you've got one really good shooter in your rotation, you're going to have spacing issues. When he's out, you'll have even more. Lack of depth is another problem. And if you read recent quotes, it seems like Gortat may be a bit frustrated. Could be a locker room component, but that's just me speculating.

Get Wall some real shooters and they could be a deadly team.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#43 » by dlts20 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:30 am

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Wiz falling apart badly lately. Lots of holes in their team. Need a better PF option than Nene too at this point.

no way, atleast not like how you are saying. Nene looked like an old man to start the year but was clearly not healthy. He's been awesome since then
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#44 » by dlts20 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:32 am

Hyaena wrote:It's a bit weird. I've been living in Maryland for the past few months (and will be here for another few), so I watch a lot of Wizards games... frankly, even when they were winning, they seemed like fool's gold. They pulled off some impressive wins but their schedule was a joke. They basically overachieved, people bought the hype, and are now falling back to earth. If you ask me they are nothing more than a 5th/6th seed type of team and a first round exit, second if they play very well.

Wall is a fantastic point guard but the effect Beal has cannot be underestimated. He's virtually their only reliable floor spacer and he's out. I'm not saying that's the only reason - but when you've got one really good shooter in your rotation, you're going to have spacing issues. When he's out, you'll have even more. Lack of depth is another problem. And if you read recent quotes, it seems like Gortat may be a bit frustrated. Could be a locker room component, but that's just me speculating.

I dont feel like there roster overachieved. I feel like the team overachieved with Wittman. A decent coach would make them a good team instantly
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,378

Post#45 » by Jimmy Recard » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:33 am

Jimmy Recard wrote:You've got 4 of 5 guys in your starting line up who can't shoot the three ball. That would kill any teams offense and spacing. In contrast, GSW have shooters everywhere it seems and Curry is given a ton of space to work with in the half court. Would love to see what Wall could do with that type of spacing. This is Wall's 5th year and we still haven't managed to pair him with a stretch 4. The closest we've come is Drew Gooden :lol:

We started Otto today over Pierce. Make that 5 starters who can't shoot :lol:.....:cry:
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#46 » by PZiv » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:34 am

Been reading your board b4 the deadline. You really low-balled on Kevin Martin..
Ursusamericanus
Veteran

Post#47 » by Ursusamericanus » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:35 am

dlts20 wrote:
Hyaena wrote:It's a bit weird. I've been living in Maryland for the past few months (and will be here for another few), so I watch a lot of Wizards games... frankly, even when they were winning, they seemed like fool's gold. They pulled off some impressive wins but their schedule was a joke. They basically overachieved, people bought the hype, and are now falling back to earth. If you ask me they are nothing more than a 5th/6th seed type of team and a first round exit, second if they play very well.

I dont feel like there roster overachieved. I feel like the team overachieved with Wittman. A decent coach would make them a good team instantly

They can certainly do better than Wittman, but I can't put most of the blame on him. The roster fundamentally lacks reliable shooters, and that's a big problem. A good coach won't make them a good shooting team.
Damon_3388
Sixth Man
And1: 1,056

Post#48 » by Damon_3388 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:36 am

Aren't guys like Paul Pierce, Martell Webster, Rasual Butler and Garrett Temple "real shooters"?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
Ursusamericanus
Veteran

Post#49 » by Ursusamericanus » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:40 am

Damon_3388 wrote:

Aren't guys like Paul Pierce, Martell Webster, Rasual Butler and Garrett Temple "real shooters"?

Pierce and Butler are the only ones that are healthy right now who average 1.0+ 3PM per game and neither seems to draw enough defensive attention (even Pierce now) to really space the floor for them. Beal is the one who does that consistently.

Martell and Garrett each play 10-15 MPG and if I'm not mistaken, Martell shoots ~22% from downtown.
baubo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,274

Post#50 » by baubo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:46 am

I remember early in the season in a "Why are Hornets so terrible?" thread, I mentioned their incredibly difficult schedule playing a part, and mentioned how in contrast, the Wizards ridiculous hot start was also fueled in part by a cupcake schedule. Suffice to say Wizards fans were not amused by that mention. Yet their respective great/terrible starts, the two teams have both been around .500 since.

This is why we need sample size, to get a better picture. That, and apparently Bradley Beal cannot seem to stay healthy.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,378

Post#51 » by Jimmy Recard » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:47 am

Wiz fans have been talking about spacing issues for a while now. It's absolutely criminal that you have a playmaker as good as Wall and 5 years into his career you still can't find him with a stretch 4, or even surround him with competent shooters on the wings. The teams offense is built around long two's. It's a joke. And not only do they not have shooters, they don't have athletes either, or much youth. Outide of Wall, Beal and Porter, most of everyone else is 30+ years.

The problem with Beal is that he got found pretty early. He's a great spot up shooter from deep, but he's below average everywhere else. He's only 21 and obviously he'll only get better, but right now he's an average shooting guard. Teams have chased him off the three pt line all year and he's ran into a lot of issues, mainly because he's a poor shooter from midrange, a poor finisher at the rim, can't get to the line, and he can't create his own shot right now.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#52 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:00 am

If all this results in Wittman's firing, it will have been worth it for Washington--not that he is the only problem but he needs to go.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,796

Post#53 » by floppymoose » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:00 am

I think losing Ariza hurt them as well.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#54 » by PZiv » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:03 am

floppymoose wrote:I think losing Ariza hurt them as well.

Lets see.
Picking garbage in lottery, check.
Trading future and current picks for players, check.
Not trying to improve holes in ascending years(this and next one, they're basically forfeiting 2 years afront!), while chasing wild dreams(KD), check.
Having a coach that doesn't care about shot selection, check.
Signing 35 year old washed ups instead of youth, check.
Trevor has nothing to do with it honestly.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#55 » by bondom34 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am

PZiv wrote:
floppymoose wrote:I think losing Ariza hurt them as well.

Lets see.
Picking garbage in lottery, check.
Trading future and current picks for players, check.
Not trying to improve holes in ascending years(this and next one, they're basically forfeiting 2 years afront!), while chasing wild dreams(KD), check.
Having a coach that doesn't care about shot selection, check.
Signing 35 year old washed ups instead of youth, check.
Trevor has nothing to do with it honestly.

Forgot aging, somewhat injury prone bigs.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,796

Post#56 » by floppymoose » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:22 am

I agree there are other issues. But I do still think they miss Ariza.
FirstInkTDot
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,902

Post#57 » by FirstInkTDot » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:32 am

They need KD
Luca Brasi
Junior
And1: 360

Post#58 » by Luca Brasi » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:17 am

FirstInkTDot wrote:They need KD

Why would KD leave a fellow MVP candidate in Westbrook, a fringe All Star in Ibaka, a young stud in Kanter, his college roommate Augustin, his longtime pal Nick Collison, along with young weapons like Adams, McGary, Waiters and Morrow for Wall, Beal, Gortat and Nene??
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#59 » by KD35Brah » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:21 am

Luca Brasi wrote:
FirstInkTDot wrote:They need KD

Why would KD leave a fellow MVP candidate in Westbrook, a fringe All Star in Ibaka, a young stud in Kanter, his college roommate Augustin, his longtime pal Nick Collison, along with young weapons like Adams, McGary, Waiters and Morrow for Wall, Beal, Gortat and Nene??

"Because he's going home" :lol:

People spend all their time crapping on OKC management then completely ignore the Wizard's management in KD2DC talks.

The always bring up Beal too like he's better than Ibaka.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#60 » by AQuintus » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:29 am

PZiv wrote:Having a coach that doesn't care about shot selection, check.

He cares. He's just an idiot who thinks that long 2s are good shots.

Return to The General Board