Draymond Green on Barkley: As a short man himself, he should be more supportive of undersized forwards like me

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Re: Re: Draymond Green on Barkley: As a short man himself, he should be more supportive of undersized forwards like me 

Post#61 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:05 am

cpower wrote:Green has major flaws in his game. Dude is horrible at scoring. GSW will have major problem scoring the basket come playoff time if Green doesn't improve his O dramatically.
the team with the best offense will have trouble scoring? Ha ok
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Re: Draymond Green on Barkley: As a short man himself, he should be more supportive of undersized power forwards like me 

Post#62 » by ChosunX » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:52 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
ChosunX wrote:Barkley needs to focus on his jacuzzi and strippers. Just don't do tv.

your avatar.. What in the hell and hes pretty entertaining . :nod:

It's from an old comic called Way of the Rat by Crossgen.
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Re: Draymond Green on Barkley: As a short man himself, he should be more supportive of undersized forwards like me 

Post#63 » by JimmyTD3 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 9:09 am

Love the attitude

If he was on your team, you'd love the attitude as well

Chuck keeps taking shots at Draymond, he has the right to respond, regardless how good Barkley was
TONY_YAYO
Pro Prospect
And1: 324

Re: Draymond Green on Barkley: As a short man himself, he should be more supportive of undersized forwards like me 

Post#64 » by TONY_YAYO » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:27 pm

Dont get mad at Barkley critiquing he is a analyst you prove him wrong.........Now you're(Green) on front street now you gotta produce..at the same time is Barkley lying???????
“I didn’t come for the massage, Funk; I came for the facial.”-Stacey King
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#65 » by 83SixersRocked » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:56 pm

Criticism doesn't mean you're not being supportive. Some players take coaching as criticism too.
Tave
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,356

Re: Draymond Green on Barkley: As a short man himself, he should be more supporti... 

Post#66 » by Tave » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:09 pm

cpower wrote:
TaylorMonkey wrote:
cpower wrote:Green has major flaws in his game. Dude is horrible at scoring. GSW will have major problem scoring the basket come playoff time if Green doesn't improve his O dramatically.

Green's offense comes from basketball IQ, finishing, and facilitating and supplementing a few threes. He's sort of a glue/force multiplier like Iguodala on that end.

Green has one of the worst finishing for big man. His IQ, facilitating and other things are nice and all but they really need a third pouch in case one of curry and klay went cold at given night.

He's at 67% from 0-3 feet this year. Not exactly Deandre Jordan territory, but it can't be the worst and he's not even a big.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,143

Re: Draymond Green on Barkley: As a short man himself, he should be more supporti... 

Post#67 » by cpower » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:45 pm

Tave wrote:
cpower wrote:
TaylorMonkey wrote:Green's offense comes from basketball IQ, finishing, and facilitating and supplementing a few threes. He's sort of a glue/force multiplier like Iguodala on that end.

Green has one of the worst finishing for big man. His IQ, facilitating and other things are nice and all but they really need a third pouch in case one of curry and klay went cold at given night.

He's at 67% from 0-3 feet this year. Not exactly Deandre Jordan territory, but it can't be the worst and he's not even a big.

are you sure? The stats on NBA.com says he is 59% on dunks and tip-ins and 25.6% on layups, and overall a 43% on 2s. Really bad number for big.
evitcanI
Junior
And1: 425

Post#68 » by evitcanI » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:01 pm

cpower wrote:
Tave wrote:
cpower wrote:Green has one of the worst finishing for big man. His IQ, facilitating and other things are nice and all but they really need a third pouch in case one of curry and klay went cold at given night.

are you sure? The stats on NBA.com says he is 59% on dunks and tip-ins and 25.6% on layups, and overall a 43% on 2s. Really bad number for big.
The stats on nba.com say he's shooting 62% in the restricted area, 59% at <5 feet, and 57% at <8 feet. He's shooting ~51% on 2s overall.
cpower
RealGM

Post#69 » by cpower » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:17 pm

evitcanI wrote:
cpower wrote:
Tave wrote:

The stats on nba.com say he's shooting 62% in the restricted area, 59% at <5 feet, and 57% at <8 feet. He's shooting ~51% on 2s overall.

62% in RA isn't that impressive, Curry scored 66% in RA. And Green is definitely shooting ~43% on 2s. So he has been inefficient for most of the shots outside of RA
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Post#70 » by JimmyTD3 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:25 pm

cpower wrote:
evitcanI wrote:
cpower wrote:are you sure? The stats on NBA.com says he is 59% on dunks and tip-ins and 25.6% on layups, and overall a 43% on 2s. Really bad number for big.

62% in RA isn't that impressive, Curry scored 66% in RA. And Green is definitely shooting ~43% on 2s. So he has been inefficient for most of the shots outside of RA

Thankfully most of his value is on defense so doesn't really matter how efficient he is on mid range jumpers lol. Don't think anyone (including Dray) would claim that he is a great offensive player.

(62% or less restricted area shooters: LMA, Z-Bo, David West, Kevin Love, DeMarcus Cousins, Pau Gasol, Nikola Pekovic, Chris Bosh. He's fine)
evitcanI
Junior
And1: 425

Post#71 » by evitcanI » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:25 pm

cpower wrote:
evitcanI wrote:
cpower wrote:are you sure? The stats on NBA.com says he is 59% on dunks and tip-ins and 25.6% on layups, and overall a 43% on 2s. Really bad number for big.

Where are you getting that? He's 234/540 from the field. He's 81/238 from 3. Therefore, he's 153/302 from 2 i.e 50.7%.
Cloak
Senior
And1: 270

Post#72 » by Cloak » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:30 pm

funny how everyone's argument against chuck is so what he hasnt won a ring anyway
cpower
RealGM

Post#73 » by cpower » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:38 pm

evitcanI wrote:
cpower wrote:
evitcanI wrote:The stats on nba.com say he's shooting 62% in the restricted area, 59% at <5 feet, and 57% at <8 feet. He's shooting ~51% on 2s overall.

Where are you getting that? He's 234/540 from the field. He's 81/238 from 3. Therefore, he's 153/302 from 2 i.e 50.7%.

edit: umm. his slumping shooting got me thinking he was bad from 2s all year long. ok he is better than I thought but still a 53%TS isn't that impressive
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,744

Post#74 » by azwfan » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:20 pm

These statistics really are a waste of time if you haven't seen him play. Just watch the kid play. He sucks in the low post. He finishes at the rim for dunks and layups when nobody is around. Not being a good offensive post player is a legit criticism.

His value is knocking down the 3 (opening up the lane), hustling after loose balls, passing, and defending the crap out of whoever is unlucky enough to be matched up against him.

He's a very very good player... just not a good post player offensively.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Re: Draymond Green on Barkley: As a short man himself, he should be more supportive of undersized power forwards like me 

Post#75 » by SF_Warriors » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:20 pm

G35 wrote:Draymond is great but he is a crucial reason why the Warriors present matchup problems and for the Warriors to win he has to be making his 3pt shot. That is what makes him special in that offense. If he is not hitting that shot what does he do without the ball and on the defensive end? Bogut is the Warriors only rim protector and Lebron was doing whatever he wanted. He was bullying Harrison Barnes and if Draymond thinks Barkley is wrong he should have been something to stop the bully ball......

Are you serious? Draymond is in there because he is a very versatile defender and defends multiple positions well, and is a solid rebounder (8.2 in 32 minutes). Dude does PLENTY when his shot is not falling.

His 3 point shot and anything he does on offense is pretty much a bonus. He is a passable offensive player only in terms of actual scoring ability but he is a good passer and can bring the ball up the court off a missed shot.

I don't really consider a rim protector myself, but dude averages 1.4 blocks and 1.6 steals a game in 32 minutes, so take that for what you will and those numbers are further proof of his versatility on D.
Lebron pretty much bullies everyone. There is a reason why he's a mulitple time mvp.
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Draymond Green on Barkley: As a short man himself, he should be more supporti... 

Post#76 » by TaylorMonkey » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:24 pm

cpower wrote:
TaylorMonkey wrote:

Green's offense comes from basketball IQ, finishing, and facilitating and supplementing a few threes. He's sort of a glue/force multiplier like Iguodala on that end.

I don't disagree, but GSW's offense isn't really reliant on Green as a primary third option. It's reliant on ball movement, spacing, open shots, and transition buckets from a league leading defense.
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Draymond Green on Barkley: As a short man himself, he should be more supporti... 

Post#77 » by TaylorMonkey » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:26 pm

Cloak wrote:funny how everyone's argument against chuck is so what he hasnt won a ring anyway

It's because Chuck's argument against Draymond winning a ring are the same weaknesses Chuck had.
Hawkeyes
Sixth Man
And1: 1,559

Post#78 » by Hawkeyes » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:28 pm

When will players realize that Barkley simply doesn't give a ****? He talks trash about everyone.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#79 » by ChosunX » Mon Mar 2, 2015 10:18 pm

Hawkeyes wrote:When will players realize that Barkley simply doesn't give a ****? He talks trash about everyone.

I would prefer that he would do that in a street corner. opposed to being the Rush/Al Sharpton of the NBA always trying to say something controversial.
blazertown7
Senior
And1: 355

Re: Re: Draymond Green on Barkley: As a short man himself, he should be more supportive of undersized forwards like me 

Post#80 » by blazertown7 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 10:25 pm

azwfan wrote:These statistics really are a waste of time if you haven't seen him play. Just watch the kid play. He sucks in the low post. He finishes at the rim for dunks and layups when nobody is around. Not being a good offensive post player is a legit criticism.

His value is knocking down the 3 (opening up the lane), hustling after loose balls, passing, and defending the crap out of whoever is unlucky enough to be matched up against him.

He's a very very good player... just not a good post player offensively.

Here's my take. Hes a guy that does everything you need a glue guy to do and does it with pride and a smile on his face. This team is close and egos are put to the side. People saying draymond is a good 3 pt shooter dont look at his percentages. What he is is a guy that right now is a great defender and a guy thats value on offense is from his IQ and being where he should be all the time. He has time to develope his offensive game and with defenses paying attention to the splash brothers he should get a lot of open looks.

Return to The General Board