KG Buys 1000 Tickets for Wolves Fans out of Gratitude

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ridicululz
Rookie
And1: 1,662

Re: KG Buys 1000 Tickets for Wolves Fans out of Gratitude 

Post#41 » by Ridicululz » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:47 am

Great gesture by KG.
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#42 » by WhateverBro » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:42 am

WolvesGuy14 wrote:
MS13 wrote:It's like KG becomes likeable whenever he wears that Wolves jersey. But with Celtics/Nets, he was a major douche.

It's probably because he did become a major douche after his first championship. Yes he was intense still, but he wasn't head butting people just to do it in his first stint in Minnesota.

Lol, you dont know your history "Wolvesguy". He was doing exactly the same things in Minny i.e slapping Duncan in the back of his head, taunting people, screaming etc. It just didnt bother you because he did it all for your team.
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#43 » by 83SixersRocked » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:48 pm

Bolivar wrote:
jumpstart wrote:I have a feeling scalpers are going to grab them all. He should do a different way to make sure FANS get them.

Yeah..."The first 500 fans to claim them will get a pair of seats."...how does that work in practice? Sounds like a great opportunity for experienced scalpers, those family dads probably are too slow.

Great gesture anyways, no matter what.

I agree, on both counts. My first thought was that scalpers and people that could otherwise afford it will probably get most of the tickets. Doing half through an existing non-profit would probably help, but it's still a nice gesture that we don't see that often.
Kudos to KG.

I think the Timberwolves made their money back on the KG deal already, the fans are happy, and they got a great mentor for Wiggins. Great move all around.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,047

Post#44 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:57 pm

WolvesGuy14 wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
KG doesn't need a PR move to move into Wolves' management after this season. He's already beloved there. Try again.

But going back there to end his career and doing a promotion like this enhances whatever goodwill he has there.

He's returned at a time when he has little to offer as a player, yet stands to extract one more contract as well as leverage his post-playing career. It's a little naïve to not see that.

:crazy: Granted in limited minutes, but the dude is still a top 10 defensive player.

You think KG is a top 10 defensive player?
WolvesGuy14
Sixth Man
And1: 2,047

Post#45 » by WolvesGuy14 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 3:14 pm

WhateverBro wrote:
WolvesGuy14 wrote:
MS13 wrote:It's like KG becomes likeable whenever he wears that Wolves jersey. But with Celtics/Nets, he was a major douche.

It's probably because he did become a major douche after his first championship. Yes he was intense still, but he wasn't head butting people just to do it in his first stint in Minnesota.

Lol, you dont know your history "Wolvesguy". He was doing exactly the same things in Minny i.e slapping Duncan in the back of his head, taunting people, screaming etc. It just didnt bother you because he did it all for your team.

You're completely wrong. I'll stop here.
noobcake wrote:I would trade Wiggins for Love any day. Wiggins projects as a role player for me.
WolvesGuy14
Sixth Man
And1: 2,047

Post#46 » by WolvesGuy14 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 3:17 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
WolvesGuy14 wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
But going back there to end his career and doing a promotion like this enhances whatever goodwill he has there.

He's returned at a time when he has little to offer as a player, yet stands to extract one more contract as well as leverage his post-playing career. It's a little naïve to not see that.

:crazy: Granted in limited minutes, but the dude is still a top 10 defensive player.

You think KG is a top 10 defensive player?

I should say top 10 big men (4 or 5). Yes I believe that.
noobcake wrote:I would trade Wiggins for Love any day. Wiggins projects as a role player for me.
NYKBaller
General Manager
And1: 241

Post#47 » by NYKBaller » Mon Mar 2, 2015 3:52 pm

Kg the highest paid nba player of ALL TIME. Good pr move
Follow me at @CTthatdude & watch www.youtube.com/CTthatdude
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#48 » by Takingbaconback » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:13 pm

Thanks bruh
Litany
Assistant Coach
And1: 816

KG Buys 1000 Tickets for Wolves Fans out of Gratitude 

Post#49 » by Litany » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:33 pm

KG is that player you hate when he's not on your team but love to have on the team you root for. His intensity is contagious and his love for the game is obvious and something special.
ishoy123
Starter
And1: 2,617

Post#50 » by ishoy123 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:48 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
Froob wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:Great gesture. I hope the tickets are being given away in a manner which ensures that they do not end up on the secondary market. That would be a travesty.

OT but how are there businesses that are in essence professional scalpers (like ace tickets for example)? I thought it was technically illegal to sell tickets for higher than their value but then I go and buy Celtics tix for like $80 and it says on the ticket that it's like a 35 ticket. What the ****?

I don't think it's illegal to sell tickets for higher than their face value because that's the entire business of sites like StubHub and the site that NBA keeps on promoting as NBA marketplace or whatever.

I do hate how the entire tickets market has become a secondary market where people buy tickets just so they can sell them on the secondary market for an inflated price. I always try to buy tickets from Ticket Master at face value but it's always hard to get those.

I've always wondered how profitable scalping is. It may be profitable for games with super-high demand (i.e. Golden State at Toronto), but for many regular season games, the stubhub prices are lower than the ticketmaster price. In a place such as Minnesota where 20-30% of the stadium is empty already, I can't imagine how a scalper can justify selling at a price above the "offical" price.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#51 » by C.lupus » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:56 pm

NYKBaller wrote:Kg the highest paid nba player of ALL TIME. Good pr move

And that is relevant how?
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#52 » by cpower » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:57 pm

you know, you do become a better person when you grow older.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,809

Post#53 » by Klomp » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:12 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/twolvesnow/status/572431596902432768[/tweet]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
My Main Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,492

Post#54 » by My Main Man » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:14 pm

My mother-in-law got through and got some tickets. Not sure where they are, but I'm going to the game with my brother-in-law tonight. Thanks, KG.
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#55 » by WhateverBro » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:33 pm

WolvesGuy14 wrote:
WhateverBro wrote:
WolvesGuy14 wrote:

You're completely wrong. I'll stop here.

How am I wrong? I've watched nearly half of his stint in Minny, and he was acting exactly like he was in Boston and the Nets. He's always been doing the stuff people complain about because he was winning.. When he was on losing teams or 1st round exit teams, no one cared.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,133

Post#56 » by Froob » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:11 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
Froob wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:Great gesture. I hope the tickets are being given away in a manner which ensures that they do not end up on the secondary market. That would be a travesty.

OT but how are there businesses that are in essence professional scalpers (like ace tickets for example)? I thought it was technically illegal to sell tickets for higher than their value but then I go and buy Celtics tix for like $80 and it says on the ticket that it's like a 35 ticket. What the ****?

I don't think it's illegal to sell tickets for higher than their face value because that's the entire business of sites like StubHub and the site that NBA keeps on promoting as NBA marketplace or whatever.

I do hate how the entire tickets market has become a secondary market where people buy tickets just so they can sell them on the secondary market for an inflated price. I always try to buy tickets from Ticket Master at face value but it's always hard to get those.

Scalping tickets is illegal in Mass. Did some research myself and turns out their business is illegal but for some reason the law isn't even enforced....get your **** together Mass.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#57 » by PaulieWal » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:15 pm

Froob wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
Froob wrote:OT but how are there businesses that are in essence professional scalpers (like ace tickets for example)? I thought it was technically illegal to sell tickets for higher than their value but then I go and buy Celtics tix for like $80 and it says on the ticket that it's like a 35 ticket. What the ****?

Scalping tickets is illegal in Mass. Did some research myself and turns out their business is illegal but for some reason the law isn't even enforced....get your **** together Mass.

So technically people on Stubhub people can't sell above face value in certain states?
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,133

Post#58 » by Froob » Mon Mar 2, 2015 9:26 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
Froob wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

So technically people on Stubhub people can't sell above face value in certain states?

That would be my understanding.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater

Return to The General Board