He's Not The Doctor, He's The EMT - Evan Turner

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

AwkwardDuck
Banned User
And1: 934

Re: He's Not The Doctor, He's The EMT - Evan Turner 

Post#21 » by AwkwardDuck » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Yo man, did Doug sleep with your wife or something?
All I got from all that was how much you hate Doug.
ET is an inefficient garbage player who needs the ball always in his hands to be semi effective.
A poor mans Tyreke Evans.
richer mans Austin Rivers
Zaschrona
Sixth Man
And1: 1,324

Post#22 » by Zaschrona » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:43 pm

I hated him after the first month in our jersey. Now I really like him. On this team he is the perfect guy to play next to Smart and Bradley in the starting lineup and after the Rondo and Green trades, when he was moved to the starting lineup, he started to play way better. Both Smart and Bradley are not good playmakers and don't need the ball in their hands to be effective. Evan Turner needs the ball, but in this lineup he is just what the Celtics need right now. He is a really decent point forward, he can rebound, he can pass, he can score, he is a little bit clutch, he is sometimes quite careless with the ball, he can play at least a decent D, he has his own spot for a decent jumper. I want him back the next year together with Smart and Bradley next to him.
laploutocratie
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,273

Post#23 » by laploutocratie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:45 pm

He's an awful player to watch. Most awkward moves and dribbles ever. I still hate his bum ass.

He's only here because we don't have a true PG. He's the type of player that needs the ball and operate as a Point-Forward to be effective, but that effectiveness is not good enough to warrant significant minutes/role on a good team. We'll get rid of him as soon as Smart develops/we get a real PG, whichever one comes first.
☘ x XVII

6ixth_Man wrote:When I die, I want the Raptors to lower me into my grave, so they can let me down one last time
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#24 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:57 pm

naabzor wrote:I don't care what people say, Turner can ball.

I don't care what people say either. I care what 6 years of statistics say, and that's that by NBA standards he's not very good.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,711

Post#25 » by NZB2323 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:11 pm

EMT seems like the perfect nickname for him.

"EMTs operate under a limited scope of practice. EMTs are typically supervised by a medical director, who is a physician. Some EMTs are paid employees, while others (particularly in rural areas) are volunteers."

So basically, an EMT is a poor man's doctor. And Evan Turner is a poor man's NBA player.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#26 » by pacers33granger » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:23 pm

AwkwardDuck wrote:A poor mans Tyreke Evans.

This is probably the best way to describe Turner.

Maybe he finally stopped being a ballhog and playing inefficient basketball when he realized almost no one wanted to sign him this offseason, but he's been in the league awhile and I don't think much is going to change with him. He'll never be able to shoot respectably, he needs the ball in his hands but isn't nearly good enough to be a lead ballhandler, he will always be bad on defense, and he's consistently had a sour attitude throughout his career. I don't see him ever playing winning basketball.

It's pretty telling that the best player involved in our trade of Granger for Turner was Lavoy Allen.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,135

Post#27 » by Froob » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:29 pm

ET is one of the most clutch players in the league this year no doubt. Dunno how he does it but he's hit sooooo many big shots late in the game it's ridiculous. Had a huge bucket, assist, rebound, and block to close out the Raptors last night.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,135

Post#28 » by Froob » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:31 pm

laploutocratie wrote:He's an awful player to watch. Most awkward moves and dribbles ever. I still hate his bum ass.

He's only here because we don't have a true PG. He's the type of player that needs the ball and operate as a Point-Forward to be effective, but that effectiveness is not good enough to warrant significant minutes/role on a good team. We'll get rid of him as soon as Smart develops/we get a real PG, whichever one comes first.

I'll never understand the ET haters. All he has done is put the team on his back in the 4th quarter multiple times yet somehow he sucks.
Hits a 3 to send Wiz game to OT.
Hits a 3 to beat the Blazers.
Hits a hook shot over 4 Hawks to win at the buzzer.
Put the team on his back vs Orlando with like 16 pts in the 4th.
Went toe to toe with DeRozen multiple times in Toronto despite no love from the refs.
And last night of course.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#29 » by Edug27 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Clutch? Sure .. But he's mediocre. Some games he looks impressive .. other games you wonder why he's out there on the court. If he were a 20 year old rookie again, I'd be more excited over him and his potential development. I also wish he incorporated a solid corner 3 ball into his moveset. That would be nice.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,062

Post#30 » by MrBigShot » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:48 pm

He's a decent all around role player. Nothing special, and nowhere near the player people expected him to be when he was drafted. I don't believe that he's good enough to dominate the ball on a contender unless he's coming off the bench in a 6th/7th man role.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#31 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Maybe he was such a flop, than he can now be underrated.
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#32 » by Triple M » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:56 pm

Was so upset in the beginning of the season at how turnover prone he was that I started calling him Evan Turn-over. Love how ETO has been playing the 2nd half. He has taken more of a leadership role with this young team but more importantly he is being use in a role that suits his strengths while limits his glaring weaknesses.
celticsfiend
Junior
And1: 46

Post#33 » by celticsfiend » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:56 pm

althought he has had a couple bone head moments. Turner has been great for us. his defense his driving passing shooting. He hit a corner 3 to win the game with 1 second left. He drives and sets guys up nicely . He gets his teammates going. and of course he had his moments in games this season where he took over in the 4th quarter unstoppable. He fits well with Boston and i am very pleased with the effort Evan gives us every night . Hes a team player and has been doing very well with us.
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#34 » by Turgon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:12 pm

pacers33granger wrote:

Indeed. Tyreke Evans is making about 11 million/years while ET is earning about 3.

Let that sink in. 3 million. He is not a failed 2nd pick on a rookie contract anymore, he is supposed to be a bargain role player who happens to be one of the most used celtics. I can't understand how some people don't see the amazing value in that.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#35 » by Revived » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:12 pm

I will say this, nice and catchy thread title. Only reason I clicked on the thread.
Rip It
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#36 » by Rip It » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:31 pm

He's not what he was suppose to be, but he's a serviceable utility player. I'd take him on my team.
AwkwardDuck
Banned User
And1: 934

Post#37 » by AwkwardDuck » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:34 pm

Turgon wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:

Indeed. Tyreke Evans is making about 11 million/years while ET is earning about 3.

Let that sink in. 3 million. He is not a failed 2nd pick on a rookie contract anymore, he is supposed to be a bargain role player who happens to be one of the most used celtics. I can't understand how some people don't see the amazing value in that.

Its a great contract. But the only role on a contending team would be his rebounding, defense?.
For offense he needs the ball, taking away from players like Smart. If you guys get another ball handler, he can be serviceable.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#38 » by Goudelock » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:36 pm

Turgon wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:

Dang, Tyreke Evans is making 11 million dollars per year?! I'd think that he was more of a 6-8 million dollars a year type of player. But hey, good for him.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,171

Post#39 » by brutalitops » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:17 pm

He's alright

Perfectly fine next to a Rookie PG and a defensive SG where he can play Point forward, No contending team would put Evan in the Starting line up
BKing10
Sixth Man
And1: 914

Post#40 » by BKing10 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:18 pm

brutalitops wrote:He's alright

Perfectly fine next to a Rookie PG and a defensive SG where he can play Point forward, No contending team would put Evan in the Starting line up

Or on their team at all

Return to The General Board